Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2017, 04:06 PM   #21
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
With a national chain, like CVS or Walgreens, all you have to do is go on-line and order a refill to be picked up at the nearest store. You don't have to move the script or carry it with you, all you need to do is order the refill...and pick it up.

Personally I have used Walgreens (switched from CVS) since they seem to have better geographic coverage than the others.
We now have been full timing for 389 days. My insurance encourages 90 supply, so all my Rx's are 90 days. Before I left I had my Doctor write all new scripts and I took them to my local Walgreens. When it is time to refill I go online to Walgreens, I also have the app, and fill it at the nearest one. When the Rx runs out, Walgreens will call my Doctor from where ever I am. They have ALWAYS had my Rx on time, and no problems during the last 389 days.

I have done this so far in 19 states.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #22

My wife has zero problems with Walgreens no matter where we are. I call the VA with an address and off it comes but cannot order online with other than home address.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #23
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
With a national chain, like CVS or Walgreens, all you have to do is go on-line and order a refill to be picked up at the nearest store. You don't have to move the script or carry it with you, all you need to do is order the refill...and pick it up.

Personally I have used Walgreens (switched from CVS) since they seem to have better geographic coverage than the others.
If you look at a prescription number from Walgreens,the last 5 digits (might be more or less) after the - in the RX number is the Walgreens store number that the prescription was last filled at. I was told that is how their computer system is set up for tracking. I have had my Walgreens prescriptions filled at other than my local store with no problem. They just need those 5 digits. Other chains probably have a similar setup.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #24

We just did this with Walgreens during the first part of May in AZ. The prescription was one that needed Doctor's approval. Walgreens simply called the Doc for us and all was well. Could not be easier. Be sure to bring your Doctor's phone number with you. Also for another one Walgreen's computer system is top notch, found us easily.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #25

Refill prescriptions

We spent months traveling and had ours filled at Walmart and never had a problem. I also asked my doctor to write the prescriptions for 90 days. Most medicines can be given for that long. This helps when traveling.
snuelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #26

Wife uses Wal Mart, I use Va to a forwarding address Good Sams and they overnight the mail.
NorSnrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:49 AM   #27

With my wife and I needing a number of prescriptions, we use multiple options to get medications while travelling.

Our insurance, like most, only allows a 90 day fill for a prescription. They will, however, upon special request, send a "vacation" refill long before the regular refill date. Narcotic RX items are always sent to the house or picked up from the local Walgreens then mailed to us. RX filled from the mail order pharmacy are always sent to the house then forwarded to us by USPS mail.

I recently discovered that the USPS has "Regional Priority Mail" boxes available. These boxes, which never seem to be out in the customer area, cost $6 for shipping anywhere in the US, a true bargain for what's usually two day delivery.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:28 AM   #28

Call it in

I came down with a urinary tract infection. I looked up the closest Rite Aide, which happened to be in Shreveport, La, called my Dr.s office and had them fax the prescription to that location. No problem.
jeanniemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnelsonfl View Post
Skyliner seems to be overcomplicating this
Not really, I'm a pharmacist and have a different perspective.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniemcc View Post
I came down with a urinary tract infection. I looked up the closest Rite Aide, which happened to be in Shreveport, La, called my Dr.s office and had them fax the prescription to that location. No problem.
I think someone just bought Rite Aid ~~ Walgreens????
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I think someone just bought Rite Aid ~~ Walgreens????
Walgreens wanted to buy out Rite Aid, but feared anti-trust regulations, so they bought half the Rite Aid stores.

2017 Cedar Creek Silverback 37MBH
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L, DRW, 4.10 Rear end
BGKirkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #32
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Not really, I'm a pharmacist and have a different perspective.
The consensus seems to be Walgreens and Walmart are the best options on the road, with no one complaining about them.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:51 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bednarski1 View Post
[B][/Were leaving for a couple month trip and wondering how we can pick up our prescriptions at various Walgreens. The way things are now you have to pick up your prescription no earlier then the day it's due. Any feedback from you guys would really help us out.
If you have a prescription on file at any Walgreen's you can have it filled at ANY other Walgreen in the USA. I once forgot to pick up my refill before heading out to North Carolina...no problem...went to a Walgreen in Jacksonville N.C. and they filled my prescription and contacted my home Walgreen to cancel the prescription that was filled and not picked up.
modemem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #34
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKirkham View Post
Walgreens wanted to buy out Rite Aid, but feared anti-trust regulations, so they bought half the Rite Aid stores.
Not sure about other areas,but here in the Fort Worth side of the DFW Metroplex,if you see a Walgreens you can be pretty sure of seeing a CVS close by,even across from each other in some locations. CVS had a store on Precinct Line and then built another store on the same road not 5-6 miles from each other. The new one is among a Kroger Pharmacy, a Wal Mart Supercenter one and the Walgreens one.

I don't recall seeing any Rite Aid stores around here.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote