Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2016, 07:38 AM   #21

Hello Eve, yes the tape goes over the existing caulk but you must clean it first. I used Simple Green and then wiped with Acetone. I did use two strips on the cab to cap joint; one strip over the raised section of cap and then another overlapping it to the fiberglass roof. It took two rolls of 4 inch wide X 50 foot long to do the whole job. There is some left over on each roll that could be used around vents etc. I view it as a more permanent fix than any re-caulking repair of the seams as long as the adhesion is good (you'll know if it isn't sticking correctly) but like anything else on the roof it should be inspected periodically. I certainly feel way better and more confident during storms than what was up there. I likely didn't have to do the whole perimeter of the roof like I did, but the front was absolutely time as I could see the caulk starting to actually separate I'm the corners.
EXTremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:44 PM   #22
BEFUDDELED MEMBER

You can Dicore around the EB to temporarilly seal the sealed EB edges, but the Dicore will deteriorate the same as around the Dicored penetrations that you will be putting the 25yr guarenteed EB tape on.

Save the money and xtra work.

Just make sure you roll with min 20# pressure on the tape ( encapsulated catalyst embedded in the adhesive ). If you overlap the EB tape be sure to degrease the top of the tape you are covering as it might not stick due to oils or silicon residue. Do not use a silicon based rubber roller and the EB stainless hd roller is 1 3/4#, has roller bearings, is about 2" wide with one 90* edge and a rounded end for rolling contoured edges: I.E. around already Dicore edges that are not straight.
There are many You tube video's most good but some are not.
Viet combat vet USNR, DAV, VFW, CCL. SASS
shooter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:59 AM   #23

I guess I must have the perfect roller form my days as a floorcovering installer,,,
heave 2" Stainless Steel !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #24
BEFUDDELED MEMBER

YEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I guess I must have the perfect roller form my days as a floorcovering installer,,,
heave 2" Stainless Steel !!!
Viet combat vet USNR, DAV, VFW, CCL. SASS
shooter2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eternabond