Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2020, 06:11 AM   #1

Firefly instead of OneControl in 2021 Forester MBS??

Hi All,

After several months wait, we just took delivery of a 2021 Forester MBS 2401B. Overall we are thrilled, but of course, there are a couple of build deviations from what was in the literature online. On the day of walkthru, we got a call from our sales person that the slide wasn't working, something about a brand new component they hadn't seen before, and they were on the phone with FR to resolve it. Turns out if wasn't anything new with the slide, but Firefly in place of OneControl. Long story short, the dealer techs had to put an inline self resetting breaker in place behind a panel in the bathroom. The tech manager said the mod was "approved" by FR and that he was confident it was better than factory.

From what I've read, it seems Firefly is better than OneControl and is used more on "high end" coaches. But it doesn't seem that they installed the module within Firefly to get access on my phone/iPad like OneControl.

Has anyone else gotten Firefly delivered in their Forester and/or have experience with it with regard to phone app access? Seems that even though FR swapped out the controllers, that phone access would still be part of the deal.

Thanks for any help, Dave
Old 10-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
Commercial Member

We did get away form Lippert's system starting using the Firefly. I need to do some digging into the issue. Thank you for posting.

we are very confident this system will perform better and we are also excited about the new Tank level technology Firefly provides.
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:20 PM   #3

Thanks Kary for looking into this. Overall I’m very impressed with the Firefly system. I have a Bluetooth connection to my phone but can’t get past the authentication PIN in the app. I’m in touch with Firefly too, and will post an answer if I get one from them first.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Update on Firefly.

than you again for the post. We did get with Firefly and their team was out ASAP. It sounds like it was a small software issue and has been fixed.
The great news is if this happens in the field we can send a flash drive and will correct the issue.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:13 PM   #5

Hi Kary,

I’ve been working with Neil from Firefly, resetting the Mira box, etc. He didn’t mention this fix but I just sent it to him to see if he was aware. More to come. Thanks!
MooseRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #6

3011DSF on order

Hello,

We are beginning to find out a lot of changes that will be new to our 3011DSF that is on order...No cedar-lined closets, no carbon fiber wrapped dash, still looking for an answer on the dash-mounted touchscreen--We have heard that has moved to the rear-view mirror.

We ordered new due to low inventory, but now we are missing many of the key features that drew us to the Forester...and now this change...?

The Forester website could really use an update on what the 2021's will look like...I have seen a lot of "hybrids" out there...seem to have 2019/2020 2020/2021 features combined.

I am now filled with anxiety on what we will actually get when it comes in Feb/Mar... The literature on the website doesnt even show the Midnight Blue FBP...I saw that on a Lazy Days ad for the 1st time last week. I know print literature is expensive...but can the website have some new pics...? How are we supposed to know what we are actually ordering...?
Kjsbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjsbelle View Post
Hello,

We are beginning to find out a lot of changes that will be new to our 3011DSF that is on order...No cedar-lined closets, no carbon fiber wrapped dash, still looking for an answer on the dash-mounted touchscreen--We have heard that has moved to the rear-view mirror.

We ordered new due to low inventory, but now we are missing many of the key features that drew us to the Forester...and now this change...?

The Forester website could really use an update on what the 2021's will look like...I have seen a lot of "hybrids" out there...seem to have 2019/2020 2020/2021 features combined.

I am now filled with anxiety on what we will actually get when it comes in Feb/Mar... The literature on the website doesnt even show the Midnight Blue FBP...I saw that on a Lazy Days ad for the 1st time last week. I know print literature is expensive...but can the website have some new pics...? How are we supposed to know what we are actually ordering...?
We have a Forester (3051) on order too and are very curious about the 2021 changes being discussed here. Looking back on these forums, it looks like the 2020 Brochures came out last year at the end of November. Hopefully they are getting close??
Patten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:06 PM   #8

Hi Kary, I have gone back and forth with Neil from Firefly, He provided some files, but the upgrade instructions did nothing (no upgrade). Can you check with Firefly and see if the fix you were aware of is available for me to try? Still not resolved at this point....Thx
Old 11-19-2020, 01:43 PM   #9
Commercial Member

will you send me a PM with contact info. will be easier to talk then go back and fourth on forum

Tags
forester