Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2016, 08:09 AM   #1

First Long Trip - Sunseeker 2250SLE

Really happy with the Sunseeker. Just did a 1500 mile trip and camped for 5 days. Had no issues or problems at all. The trip included heavy rains during both camping and driving, plus a windy trip yesterday. No leaks!

Love the Ford chassis; got 10 mpg on average for the trip, rarely if ever on a flat road (hills and mountains up to over 2000 ft. ).

So, for now at least, all is well. It's an RV though so I also know things can change!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #2

Nice.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:22 PM   #3

I'm very glad to hear the MPG report. I have been wanting to hear reports from Ford owners with the 6 speed trans.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Really happy with the Sunseeker. Just did a 1500 mile trip and camped for 5 days. Had no issues or problems at all. The trip included heavy rains during both camping and driving, plus a windy trip yesterday. No leaks!

Love the Ford chassis; got 10 mpg on average for the trip, rarely if ever on a flat road (hills and mountains up to over 2000 ft. ).

So, for now at least, all is well. It's an RV though so I also know things can change!
Right on.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:10 PM   #5

Glad for you . We just completed our first long trip of many to come-23 days !
Old 08-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #6

mpg

Getting 10 mpg with 2017 Freelander 30' with Ford V10 in Michigan (flat) on our fourth tank of gas now.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #7

How is the REV doing on gas? almost bought a 2017 REV 24tb but was not sure about towing anything at all.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:50 PM   #8

We averaged little over 11 MPG on our trip from San Marcos, Texas to Maine, Rhode Island and New Hampshire then it was off through Vermont and New York to take the TT back to where it was born so it could have a few adjustments made. Wonderful trip and the 5 Liter & 6 Spd Trans did a good job.

Next trip will be out to Big Bend National Park for a week-10 days.
Rockwood 2503s
debandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman9000 View Post
I'm very glad to hear the MPG report. I have been wanting to hear reports from Ford owners with the 6 speed trans.
Have had our 2016 3010DS with the six speed since January and have driven it just about 7,000 miles, most of which with a 2 door Jeep Wrangler in tow. Worst MPG was 7.1 on a very windy day on the interstate. Best MPG was 8.3 mostly on two lane roads at 50-55 MPH.
Lazy Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:34 AM   #10

Wish we could get 10 !!!
Fully loaded 2500TS,,, average speed about 60 !!!
Very little Interstate driving !!!
We get between 8 & 9 !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
How is the REV doing on gas? almost bought a 2017 REV 24tb but was not sure about towing anything at all.
I have been tracking my milage in all of my vehicles for many decades. I always fill the tank when I get gas allowing the pump to determine when to stop fueling.

The REV does not like high speed pumps. My first time adding gas at COSTCO the pump stopped and I thought I filled it but noticed as I was leaving that I only had 3/4 of a tank on the gauge.

I now turn the nozzle to the right or left and the gas seems to go down better. But I am never sure as to how full my tank is. I don't want to get to the point where the gas is running over the REV body. My point is that my milage data is not as accurate as I would like.

My range of mpg has been from 9.7 to 15. I live in a hilly area that makes the engine of the REV rev more going up hills. My best mpg was on recent trips to Southern Delaware which is mostly flat compared to my SE PA area. The higher numbers include some speeds in the 70's and some periods of stopping for red lights. My speed is limited by the vehicle I am driving and my fear of tickets.

I found with my Sunseeker that I was more comfortable staying around 65 mph on highways although it would go much faster. Above 65 the wind would affect the handling too much for my liking.

The REV is much better at higher speeds and does well in the 80's. And no added wind noise!

For comparison and driving in the same areas I usually got about 9.5 in my Sunseeker with a best of 10.5 and around 19 to 21 mpg in my Ford Escape AWD with the larger engine. All superior to my long gone 1962 Oldsmobile 98 convertible that offered 4 to 5 mpg in my usual driving and maybe 8 on unobstructed highways.

I suspect that I could easily get two or three more mpg if I was more conservative in my driving habits.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I have been tracking my milage in all of my vehicles for many decades. I always fill the tank when I get gas allowing the pump to determine when to stop fueling.

The REV does not like high speed pumps. My first time adding gas at COSTCO the pump stopped and I thought I filled it but noticed as I was leaving that I only had 3/4 of a tank on the gauge.

I now turn the nozzle to the right or left and the gas seems to go down better. But I am never sure as to how full my tank is. I don't want to get to the point where the gas is running over the REV body. My point is that my milage data is not as accurate as I would like.

My range of mpg has been from 9.7 to 15. I live in a hilly area that makes the engine of the REV rev more going up hills. My best mpg was on recent trips to Southern Delaware which is mostly flat compared to my SE PA area. The higher numbers include some speeds in the 70's and some periods of stopping for red lights. My speed is limited by the vehicle I am driving and my fear of tickets.

I found with my Sunseeker that I was more comfortable staying around 65 mph on highways although it would go much faster. Above 65 the wind would affect the handling too much for my liking.

The REV is much better at higher speeds and does well in the 80's. And no added wind noise!

For comparison and driving in the same areas I usually got about 9.5 in my Sunseeker with a best of 10.5 and around 19 to 21 mpg in my Ford Escape AWD with the larger engine. All superior to my long gone 1962 Oldsmobile 98 convertible that offered 4 to 5 mpg in my usual driving and maybe 8 on unobstructed highways.

I suspect that I could easily get two or three more mpg if I was more conservative in my driving habits.
There is no way to get a good MPG check by letting the pump turn off,,, every pump is different & every vehicle is different !!!
Did you really mean the REV is much better @ high speeds,,,
and does well in the 80s ???
Old 08-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
There is no way to get a good MPG check by letting the pump turn off,,, every pump is different & every vehicle is different !!!
Did you really mean the REV is much better @ high speeds,,,
and does well in the 80s ???
I agree on your pump statement however I am fairly consistent as to which pumps I use and over the course of time I expect to get fairly reliable mpg data. I don't want to fill to the top of the pipe and have gas spilling out. When fueling the REV the pump turns off long before it is full. I then carefully add more gas until paranoia stops me. BTW, the fueling issue is a Dodge Promaster issue and not one related to Dynamax.

Yes, the higher speeds do not affect the REV handling much. I don't set out to be driving an RV in the 80's but I occasionally find myself doing so while on decent highways with light traffic. I usually drive around 65 in most situations and lots of traffic is passing me.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #14

Quote:
I agree on your pump statement however I am fairly consistent as to which pumps I use and over the course of time I expect to get fairly reliable mpg data. I don't want to fill to the top of the pipe and have gas spilling out. When fueling the REV the pump turns off long before it is full. I then carefully add more gas until paranoia stops me. BTW, the fueling issue is a Dodge Promaster issue and not one related to Dynamax.

Yes, the higher speeds do not affect the REV handling much. I don't set out to be driving an RV in the 80's but I occasionally find myself doing so while on decent highways with light traffic. I usually drive around 65 in most situations and lots of traffic is passing me.
I am guessing if I stopped pumping gas when the pump first shut off,,, maybe I could get 15 mpg also ??? LOL !!!

Maybe by using Cruse Control you could keep it under 80 ???
If I were to hit 80 in our MH,,, I would be hearing some CRAP from the passengers seat !!! LOL !!!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I am guessing if I stopped pumping gas when the pump first shut off,,, maybe I could get 15 mpg also ??? LOL !!!

Maybe by using Cruse Control you could keep it under 80 ???
If I were to hit 80 in our MH,,, I would be hearing some CRAP from the passengers seat !!! LOL !!!

Nah, the passenger are pined against the back wall due to the acceleration forces.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Nah, the passenger are pined against the back wall due to the acceleration forces.
LMAO !!!

Tags
sunseeker