Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #1

First trip problems

Just got back from our first trip in our 2016 Sunseeker 3170. Had a couple of issues develop shortly before departure but did not prevent us from leaving but I now need to fix. Outdoor shower leaks, I am assuming I can find a generic shower head and lines to replace. I tried to put water in the black tank with a hose and it leaked inside under my bathroom sink where it comes in. Hoping that I can take the outside connection apart and try and track the leak inside. Lastly, my water pump did not turn on. We were hooked up all weekend but I put some water in the tank before we left for bathroom breaks while driving. I did not put a lot of water in the tank so was not sure if that might be the issue. Any advice on any of these issues is appreciated as I only have 1 trip under my belt and this is my first MH. Thank you.

Kevin
Ridpath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Outdoor shower heads do not turn off. The faucet for the shower head is where you turn them off. But yes, you can get replacement showerheads. Even ones that actually turn off. Most folks I know use this:
RELAQUA AS500W Pressure Boost Spray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013002H98..._JYakBb01FJYYN
The faucet assembly is about $10 if you need a new one.

I’m going to assume when you say that you are putting water in your black tank you mean that you are using an exterior wall mount flush valve. If that is the case, and you are getting water inside, it is most likely a stuck vaccume break valve. Here’s pics and info on that:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1779058

Not trying to be mean but is the switch on? Next suggestion would be the 10A inline fuse. Find it hanging around by the water pump. The pump will run with no water. (not a good idea)

Hope this helps.
Ducky
Old 06-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #3

Black tank

After looking at the diagram you mentioned I noticed I did not have my black tank open while I tried to put water in the tank. I am not sure if this is the issue or I need a new valve/breaker. I will start with the easier of the 2 options first.

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Both the black and gray tanks are vented with 1.5” pvc up through the roof. A garden hose cannot exceed the venting capability so it is unlikely that the closed dump valve was the problem. However, now that your vaccume breaker has been “lubricated” it may start working normally.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #5

OK, after hooking up hose again outside to the black tank inlet it appears the leak is at the entry point to the RV, not at the vacuum valve. So it appears that either I need a new exterior wall mount or do they have washers? that maybe is missing?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

RV water inlets are readily available from many manufacturers. They have different flanges so to avoid thrashing you will want to get the same make/model.
There is a standard hose gasket/washer in the front but if you are leaking inside it is more likely that you have a loose hose connection to the barb on the inlet or a crack.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #7

Follow ups

So I replaced the black water valve on the outside with a new valve with brass fittings and we are good to go. The water pump has a on/off valve that is attached to the line used for pumping antifreeze thru lines for winterization that I did not turn on. Turned it on and now the water pump is running perfect. I thought it was part of the winterization process. I am still looking for the parts for the outdoor shower and hopefully will have it fixed.

Just thought I would share the outcome(s). Thanks.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:33 AM   #8

I replaced my crappy stock outdoor shower faucet and hose with one of these. Much nicer having a longer hose and one that can be removed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Glad you are on your way to full service. Its always nice to hear positive results were achieved.