Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #1

Forest River Changes Big Foot?

We observed that our Big Foot levelers have small feet =(. Our feet are round and only 6". I questioned Big Foot about this and here was their reply:

"...The foot pads are the new style that Forest River went to. Unfortunately, you wont be able to get the bigger size due too the new cylinder design that Forest River requested...."

This is very disappointing. When we paid for Big Foot Levelers we really thought that we were getting the same product advertised on Big Foots website. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this another issue between Forest River and Big Foot similar to the issue they had with the auto levelers vs auto stabilizers? Maybe someone from Forest River can chime in here.
pcryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #2

Pcryer,
The "feet"on the website look larger(sq. Inch wise), but, we also have the round flat ones, and they work fine. Although not needed, I made some 2"x8"x8" blocks that I put under the "feet", so that they don't sink into the ground.
Good luck to you and safe travels!🙂

Shaun & Michelle
2016 Sunseeker 3010DSF
Old 01-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #3

I always put an orange plastic "Lego" leveling block under each foot

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:10 AM   #4
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

The whole idea behind Bigfoot is that you don't need the Lego block. If they're making them small now where in gravel you need the Lego, then what's the point? Agreed, disappointment.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #5

I have heard, though can't remember where, that the foot on the levellers are smaller on the Forest River class C's. If I have firm ground underneath, I don't use any blocks. If it is soft like sandy, I use blocks to give it a bigger spread.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #6

Maybe I am over thinking but...I am a bit concerned about the availability of replacement parts if needed in the future. Big Foot does not offer the smaller feet on their website and they have already told me that the cylinders are also different (all specific to Forest River). Am I the only one concerned about the difference in design? If so, I will probably drop it, otherwise I think it needs to be addressed. Thanks for listening to a worry wart. =)
pcryer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river