Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2017, 07:48 AM   #21

Increase spring tension
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #22

Anti-billowing bracket

After one of my trips, I noticed the missing bracket. I didn't know what it was and nobody else did either. I finally found out this was a Dometic product. I went to Dometic's website and contacted customer service. They gave me a part number and the phone number to order it from. Dometic sent it to me no charge and free delivery. Now I just have to install it. I have know idea when it came missing but I have not had any billowing issues that I am aware of. I have a bedroom slide and a dining room/living room slide. The bracket missing was from the DR/LR slide. The BR slide bracket was OK. I attached a picture and hope it shows.

2016 Forester 3011DS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1323.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	156586  
gamidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:10 PM   #23
Señor Member

Got our RV back today from the dealer doing the warranty work. We both learned a few things about slide toppers and the anti-billow devices or lack thereof.

Dometic has the patent to the anti-billow device shown in one of the first posts. They do not fit on the Lippert slide toppers. Lippert does not have one of their own design.

Word was that FR is going back to using Dometic slide toppers.

In the end we had a new Lippert slide topper installed free of charge and FR said if it billows out again they will replace it with a Dometic brand.

I will give kudos to Poulsbo RV in Mount Vernon, WA. and Tom the service manager for all the work they did to make this happen even though they did not sell us the unit.
As an afterthought I went to google today and typed in "Forest River" "3051" and the third listing (campersinn) showed my 2017 model RV with a Dometic slide topper with two anti-billow devices attached both front and rear.

Tags
305, forester, slide