Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2022, 06:48 AM   #21
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofa.beacher View Post
I just went out with the wife and the click is coming from the area around the pump.
OK, that is the motor solenoid. Clicking is good but that does not mean that it is actually working. To test that you need to put a meter on the in and out to motor cable to check for continuity.

If you determine that there is 12v going to the motor then it is likely a bad motor.

Here is a diagram:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0805324A-E934-4944-A1AA-42BCBE905B1C.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	271962  
Old 04-23-2022, 06:56 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
OK, that is the motor solenoid. Clicking is good but that does not mean that it is actually working. To test that you need to put a meter on the in and out to motor cable to check for continuity.

If you determine that there is 12v going to the motor then it is likely a bad motor.
I will try that later this morning. The ground is soaking wet where the camper is so I want to let it dry a little. So if I take an ohm meter across the 2 terminal lugs It should show continuity?
sonofabeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:00 AM   #23
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
I will try that later this morning. The ground is soaking wet where the camper is so I want to let it dry a little. So if I take an ohm meter across the 2 terminal lugs It should show continuity?
Yes
Old 04-23-2022, 07:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Yes
I threw some card board down and I do have continuity across the 2 terminals on the motor and there is 12 volts to the solenoid but nothing to the motor. To read from the solenoid to the motor I have to either press level or retract on the OC.... am I right? Does it time out after a few seconds? I have a picture of the assembly if you need it.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:04 AM   #25
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
I threw some card board down and I do have continuity across the 2 terminals on the motor and there is 12 volts to the solenoid but nothing to the motor. To read from the solenoid to the motor I have to either press level or retract on the OC.... am I right? Does it time out after a few seconds? I have a picture of the assembly if you need it.
Yes, you need to activate a function for the control box to send 12v to the switch.
You could use a jumper to the connector on the solenoid. You could also use an automotive type jumper cable to bypass the solenoid to test the motor. If you do that and the motor works then you have isolated the problem back to:
The Solenoid
The Control Box
The Pressure Switch

The control box does time out after a short period.
Old 04-23-2022, 11:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Yes, you need to activate a function for the control box to send 12v to the switch.
You could use a jumper to the connector on the solenoid. You could also use an automotive type jumper cable to bypass the solenoid to test the motor. If you do that and the motor works then you have isolated the problem back to:
The Solenoid
The Control Box
The Pressure Switch

The control box does time out after a short period.
Hi, I took my remote start button and jumped out both main legs on the solenoid and the motor spun. It spun slow but it did spin. It sounded like it was fighting something. I then took my jumper cables and connect the ground directly to the battery negative and put my volt meter on the leg going to the motor. I cycled "auto retract" and read the volt meter and it showed only a little over 8 volts. I'm hoping it is the solenoid that's bad.
Old 04-23-2022, 02:36 PM   #27
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Hi, I took my remote start button and jumped out both main legs on the solenoid and the motor spun. It spun slow but it did spin. It sounded like it was fighting something. I then took my jumper cables and connect the ground directly to the battery negative and put my volt meter on the leg going to the motor. I cycled "auto retract" and read the volt meter and it showed only a little over 8 volts. I'm hoping it is the solenoid that's bad.
8V across the solenoid is not good however there is a possibility that the control box is not sending enough voltage to the solenoid in order to energize the coil sufficiently to make full contact. But that is a remote possibility and solenoids are not very expensive. Since the motor turns (good news) the pump, when you get enough juice to the motor it should work.

Please let us know the results of the solenoid replacement.
Old 04-23-2022, 03:08 PM   #28

Quote:
8V across the solenoid is not good however there is a possibility that the control box is not sending enough voltage to the solenoid in order to energize the coil sufficiently to make full contact. But that is a remote possibility and solenoids are not very expensive. Since the motor turns (good news) the pump, when you get enough juice to the motor it should work.

Thank you again for all your help. I did check the voltage going into the solenoid and it was 12+ volts. The out lead to the motor had only a little over 8 volts. I will definitely let you know how I make out.
Old 04-24-2022, 03:22 PM   #29

Quote:

Hi, I just want to up date you on the leveling problem. The good news is that no parts had to be replaced. It turns out it was a loose ground wire down by the pump. Now I feel dumb that I didn't pick that up but such is life. It seems to be working flawlessly at this time. Again Thank You for all your help.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:03 PM   #30
Certified Curmudgeon

Great News! Glad you found it and are ready to go glamping.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:21 PM   #31

Quote:
Great News! Glad you found it and are ready to go glamping.
So am I. And I'm glad it was something stupid. We are heading out this coming Wednesday. Solved it just in time. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:46 AM   #32

Great news indeed. Thanks for the follow up. Such “closure” Is what makes this thread helpful and forum invaluable. Wishing you safe and happy travels!

Mr. Brian
Old 04-25-2022, 05:04 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brian View Post
Great news indeed. Thanks for the follow up. Such “closure” Is what makes this thread helpful and forum invaluable. Wishing you safe and happy travels!

Mr. Brian
Thank you for your help. This forum does so much help. I have learned a lot being on here and all because of the nice people on here. I wish you safe and happy travels as well.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:00 PM   #34
DaLexusGuy

There is a saying that applies here…and it’s one I teach in every automotive electrical class:

“When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.”

In other words, 1) verify the condition, 2) operate everything that could be related while looking for clues. Then, 3) always inspect the simple stuff (based on your clues) before ever picking up a diagnostic tool.

Glad to hear all is well, and I too am certain the OPs feedback and resolution will be of help to others.

Now…It’s camping time! Get out there! [emoji51]
LeoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:40 PM   #35

You should have a screen inside your Rv looks like a little computer turn it on hit jacks and reset the system that should work.
dmy2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:58 PM   #36

If you are on Facebook join the group Lippert Scouts”. It is The Lippert Comoany page and they have moderators and techs that monitor the page. It is a great page and they are very helpful. The techs can walk you through the issue.

Dan and Carol
2019 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/4x4/long box
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway 38FLX
Full timers since May 2019
Axeman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:16 PM   #37
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman49 View Post
If you are on Facebook join the group Lippert Scouts”. It is The Lippert Comoany page and they have moderators and techs that monitor the page. It is a great page and they are very helpful. The techs can walk you through the issue.
Have you heard of the “LCI Tech Bridge”?
Old 04-28-2022, 08:18 PM   #38
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmy2019 View Post
You should have a screen inside your Rv looks like a little computer turn it on hit jacks and reset the system that should work.
The OP posted the solution in post #29. It was not related to your suggestion.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:09 AM   #39

Quote:
Hi, I just want to up date you on the leveling problem. The good news is that no parts had to be replaced. It turns out it was a loose ground wire down by the pump. Now I feel dumb that I didn't pick that up but such is life. It seems to be working flawlessly at this time. Again Thank You for all your help.
Thanks for updating the post on how you solved the problem! It is great reading through a post like this, seeing all the comments and then seeing what the actual problem and solution was.
Glad it was a simple fix!

2021 East to West Alta 2600 KRB
2020 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
Jeff_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:06 PM   #40

Jacks down

Your problem is a blown fuse. Make sure you level your vehicle plugged into land line, or with your generator running. I also keep my engine running. I had the same problem. My fuse was in the battery compartment area. Use a flashlight to look around and find the fuse area. It is not a typical looking fuse, it’s a black box with a lever that pops down when overloaded. It simply clicks back into place, then retry your jacks up button. You may have to reset your controller panel. Your manual will tell you how to reset if necessary
tometrious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, hydraulic, leveling