Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2021, 05:55 PM   #1

Forester MBS 2401B Thermostat Operation

I have a 2021 Forester (MB Sprinter Chassis) 2401B with an Atwood AC w/heatpump. From what I have found I should be able to default to the propane furnace by pressing the "Furnace" button on the thermostat, but that button does nothing. I had it in to the dealer for this problem and they have told me that this function doesn't work like that in my RV. Can someone please clarify this for me?
Dsohlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:03 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I'm sure someone on the forum will have the correct answer for you. Wow thats a strange answer from the dealer without any followup seems to imply you don't have a furnace? I'm going to do some digging into the specs. According to what I saw you have a 30'000 but furnace there should be no reason that function doesn't work. Make sure the stat is set to heat/ furnace and the temp is at least 3* above the ambient temp and see what happens good luck let the forum know what you find.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:39 AM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

It appears you have been the victim of dealer fibology. If you have a 15k heat pump and you are in heat mode and the fan is in auto and the heat pump is running (infers shore or genset power) and your propane is on and your system is purged then when you press the furnace button the furnace light should illuminate and the furnace will become the default source for heat effectively disabling the heat pump reversing valve.

If it does not, it is malfunctioning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B470823E-837F-447F-8689-340067918040.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	257266  
Posting exclusively* in the Forester/Sunseeker section.
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:50 AM   #4

Our 2021 2401B doesnít have a separate thermostat (that I can find at least). Itís all controlled from the firefly panel. But it works as described above - Cool/Heat runs the AC/heat pump and Furnace runs the furnace.

Once you get the furnace running, make sure you run it for a few hours to burn off whatever it is that causes the initial smell. Ours set off the gas alarm and needed a few hours of burn off to get to normal.
MooseRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:45 PM   #5

Dometic thermostat

For years I struggled with my furnace/ heat pump/ air control unit on our MBS 2400W. Then one day I removed the plastic cover and touched the control pins with my bare finger. All the troublesome issues went out the window. That crappy cover needs some tweaking !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210530_182500.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	257311   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210530_182517.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	429.5 KB
ID:	257312  
Mtnman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiver View Post
Our 2021 2401B doesnít have a separate thermostat (that I can find at least). Itís all controlled from the firefly panel. But it works as described above - Cool/Heat runs the AC/heat pump and Furnace runs the furnace.

Once you get the furnace running, make sure you run it for a few hours to burn off whatever it is that causes the initial smell. Ours set off the gas alarm and needed a few hours of burn off to get to normal.
I am now wondering if the OP has a stand alone thermostat.
Posting exclusively* in the Forester/Sunseeker section.
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, thermostat