Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #1

Forester's lippert one control problems

Help!
Our just purchased Forester is a disaster. The "my rv panel" disappears and then we have no access to all the controls: lights, slides, awning, generator, water pump and all gauges.
Has anyone had this problem?
Solutions?
We couldn't leave a RV park because we couldn't bring in the slides because the control panel Would NOT come up. The panel is totally unpredictable.
Camping World has NOT been any help even though they just sold this unit to us.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:54 AM   #2

What do you mean by "the MyRV panel disappears"?
Do you only have one control tablet?
When it goes into standby the screen goes black. Just press the reset button to wake it up.

If your slide and awning icons disappear it is because your key is in the ignition or the engine is running. A safety feature.

If the tablets truly are not working you can still access the controls by installing the MyRV app on a smart phone.

If you need more information I'd be glad to walk you through it.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:44 AM   #3

We have had some intermittent issues with our my tablet and have had it replaced after Lippert confirmed that the issues were software based. Things like extending awning, lowering stabilizers and extending sides would work correctly then we would have to hold the extended button to retract. The lights had the same issue lights off meant on lights on meant off.

I called the Forrest River Warranty administrator and they connect us with Lippert and the new panel was shipped to my dealer.
The dealer we bought the rig through was clueless
About how to correct and send the unit was power sensitive. This happened with stable shore power and a surge protection.
Needless to say we are with s different dealer who has a strong service dept.

One other point. Use the my MyRV one controls app with your smart phone. Connect to the gateway and you will have all the features that the panel has. If the tablet is completely down or black as you indicate. You can still have all the functionality from your smart phone. That is truly one feature I really like about the MyRV system.
Once you connect to the MyRV panel wireless gateway through settings on your phone then open the Lippert One Control App you won't want to use anything else when setting up and tearing down. That's all I use when outside the coach. Hope that helps.
Papa Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:49 AM   #4
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Teddy View Post
Once you connect to the MyRV panel wireless gateway through settings on your phone then open the Lippert One Control App you won't want to use anything else when setting up and tearing down. That's all I use when outside the coach. Hope that helps.
X2 - love the phone app and the ability to do all these tasks outside while watching.

Just one expansion on "connect to the MyRV panel wireless gateway" - I have an iPhone and simply go to WiFi and I'll see the MyRV with a long string of numbers. Connect to that just as you would any other WiFi network...then open the OneControl app. I'm sure it's similar on an Android.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #5
psribbens

Lippert OneControl--so far so good

As others have stated, putting the app on the phone helps.

If others on the forum are going to respond with helpful hints, additional information is needed.

One panel or two?
Are you able to use the phone App? --does it work from the App?
Does the panel ever come on?

I have OneControl in my 3011DS, which comes with two Android panels and now the Android App. In dinking around, I found both panels are separate dc fuses. That's good. In your particular case, do you have just one Android panel? It's possible there's a loose power wire--you say the panel goes blank--does is sing a power on melody when it comes back, or does it just never come back?

This entire setup is interesting, but as you have found, a single point of failure can "Brick" the operation of the entire RV. I must admit, this doesn't give me warm fuzzy feelings....

Good luck.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #6

Am we ever glad we do not have one of those panels. I for 0ne like to be in side and see the slides go to full extension. and with no things in the way when we are retracting them. so I know they are sealed. Nothing like a simple on off switch. Like the one for firing up the hot water tank Next thing we know the I phone will set up the table outside and start the camp fire.

Brandon2
2014 2500TS
Sun Seeker
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:31 PM   #7

Wish I had just switches... not this crazy panel
Old 07-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #8

Had did you get Lippert to do that?
Did you have any helpful service from any RV place .... Camping World ? 4 Seasons ?
Old 07-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #9

When the panel doesn't open neither do the apps on my iPhone, my husbands iPhone or our iPad.
App tied into the main panel.
Yuk
Old 07-20-2017, 12:43 PM   #10

Two panels one in living area and other in bedroom. Main goes out the apps on our phones go blank after it says we are connected and the bedroom goes out.
Panel hard wired to wall.

Camping World not willing to investigate.
Tells me to talk to Lippert.
Forest River says talk to Lippert.

Camping World technician told me if I wanted hassle free travel I should fly.
Same guy told me I don't really need the white and black water tank gauges.
I'll know when the water goes up into the shower.

Anyone been treated like this?
Old 07-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #11
Señor Member

I had a similar issue with the bedroom panel.

In the process of trying to learn how "myRV" works and what is hidden, I started doing the swipe left/right/up/down on the bedroom panel screen. (It was easier to sit on the bed than stand in the doorway steps learning on the master panel.)

Somewhere along the way the "myRV Control Panel" banner disappeared. The banners for the "How to videos" and manuals were still there and workable but not the one that operated the lights, slider, etc.

I attempted everything I could think of to bring it back up to no avail.

I eventually disconnected from shore power, turned off the coach battery switch, counted to ten and turned the coach battery back on again.

The system rebooted and brought the "myRV Control Panel" banner on the bedroom unit back up again.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:20 PM   #12

One control app

How do I link up my iPhone app to my camper. It is not connecting.
Bshorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestWalker View Post
I had a similar issue with the bedroom panel.

In the process of trying to learn how "myRV" works and what is hidden, I started doing the swipe left/right/up/down on the bedroom panel screen. (It was easier to sit on the bed than stand in the doorway steps learning on the master panel.)

Somewhere along the way the "myRV Control Panel" banner disappeared. The banners for the "How to videos" and manuals were still there and workable but not the one that operated the lights, slider, etc.

I attempted everything I could think of to bring it back up to no avail.

I eventually disconnected from shore power, turned off the coach battery switch, counted to ten and turned the coach battery back on again.

The system rebooted and brought the "myRV Control Panel" banner on the bedroom unit back up again.
I've noticed also if you go searching around, the control screen disappears.
I started to turn off the 12v but it rebooted when I held down the power button a few seconds.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #14

hate the control panel would would love good old fashion switches for things. Anyway, question about resetting Generator Hours indicated button. It says service now. We changed oil and took care of "service" but no idea how to reset OneControl so it shows zero hours again. Thanks
runamuck1840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #15

You can reset the service interval indicator and time interval from the drop down menu on the generator page. As there are various versions of firmware in the field with slightly different menu configurations I can’t tell you the exact steps. Will be self explanatory once you touch the drop down menu icon.

The running hours are cumulative and can not be reset to zero.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #16

Deleted duplicate post.

Tags
forester