Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #21
Site Team

I've searched but I haven't found anyone that has actually had any sort of repairs covered under this warranty. Not saying that it's never happened, just that I haven't found anything.

Because I noticed on the "things that are covered", the roof isn't on there. So even though they check and re-seal the seams once a year, I've always read that they should be checked more often in that.

And if you do develop a leak, is it covered?
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:02 PM   #22

Around here (NY). going labor rate is $80 hr. Remember, these guys are trained, have to buy tools, overhead costs, plus they need to earn a living.
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #23

When I was buying my G'Town...a dealer that had the "forever warranty" would not budge on giving me a competitive price and used the "FREE" warranty to justify his higher (significantly!) price. When I told him that I didn't WANT his warranty...to keep it and lower the price...he told me that they will not sell a coach without it. After investigating all the costs involved in maintaining the warranty annually...and all the things that the warranty does not cover. I bought from a different dealer a couple of states away at a much better price and with no BS.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:27 PM   #24

Here....from their own site is EVERYTHING that is covered if you maintain your "forever agreement" ...I've noted in red some of the things that are not covered forever or at all!

SUSPENSION COMPONENTS

Leaf and coil springs, shackles and bushings, and rubber suspension springs. Everything else in the suspension system & steering. Tie rods, shocks, struts, stabilizers, steering components including power steering.
BRAKE COMPONENTS
Wheel cylinders, calipers, electric brake magnets, and hydraulic tubing and metal fittings. Brake pads and shoes and rotors, power braking components.
WATER SYSTEM COMPONENTS

Hot water tank, burner assembly, thermostat, thermocouple, gas valve, electronic ignition assembly, PC board, heating system, shower, assembly, toilet, sink, holding tanks, gate valves, macerator pump, water pump, faucets, traps, fittings, and water lines.
AIR CONDITIONING COMPONENTS
Compressor, evaporator, condenser, capacitors, relays, expansion valve, control module and panel, reversing valve, blower fan and motor, and PC board. Coverage does not apply to motorhome chassis AC system.
KITCHEN CENTER COMPONENTS
Range/oven burner assembly, burner valves, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, convection oven, thermostat, thermocouple, burner, igniter, and PC board. Kitchen Capinets and counters
LP GAS SYSTEM
Gas regulators, gas tanks, gas valves, tank gauges, and LP lines and fittings.
HEATING SYSTEM COMPONENTS
Furnace igniter, burner assembly, gas valve, gas leak detector, thermostat, thermocouple, blower motor, and PC board.
DELUXE APPLIANCES
Icemaker, trash compactor, built-in coffee maker, built-in food processor, in-sink disposal, ceiling fan motor, and smoke detector.
INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR COMPONENTS
Door handles, latches and springs. That's it?? So anything that goes wrong with the house and roof (that you are required to maintain!), and winshield & front & rear caps and awnings, external kitchen or entertainment is not covered. Nor is interior cabinetry, flooring, SLIDES,120AC & 12V systems & wiring, lighting or entertainment components.
MANUAL LEVELING JACKS
Factory or dealer-installed bolt on and welded scissor jacks.
But if you have an auto leveling system it isn't covered.

Also not covered is the engine and transmission and associated drive train components in motorized. coaches.

Would you rather have the things that are covered by this warranty...or the things that aren't?
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #25

Regardless I have never needed an extended warranty but once, I was out $2400 for the warranty and $4500 for the repair that was not covered, this was on my truck. Never again !!! So I would have been $2400 ahead if I had not fallen for it.

Never needed an extended warranty on a camper and never had one.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Here....from their own site is EVERYTHING that is covered if you maintain your "forever agreement" ...I've noted in red some of the things that are not covered forever or at all!

SUSPENSION COMPONENTS

Leaf and coil springs, shackles and bushings, and rubber suspension springs. Everything else in the suspension system & steering. Tie rods, shocks, struts, stabilizers, steering components including power steering.
BRAKE COMPONENTS
Wheel cylinders, calipers, electric brake magnets, and hydraulic tubing and metal fittings. Brake pads and shoes and rotors, power braking components.
WATER SYSTEM COMPONENTS

Hot water tank, burner assembly, thermostat, thermocouple, gas valve, electronic ignition assembly, PC board, heating system, shower, assembly, toilet, sink, holding tanks, gate valves, macerator pump, water pump, faucets, traps, fittings, and water lines.
AIR CONDITIONING COMPONENTS
Compressor, evaporator, condenser, capacitors, relays, expansion valve, control module and panel, reversing valve, blower fan and motor, and PC board. Coverage does not apply to motorhome chassis AC system.
KITCHEN CENTER COMPONENTS
Range/oven burner assembly, burner valves, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, convection oven, thermostat, thermocouple, burner, igniter, and PC board. Kitchen Capinets and counters
LP GAS SYSTEM
Gas regulators, gas tanks, gas valves, tank gauges, and LP lines and fittings.
HEATING SYSTEM COMPONENTS
Furnace igniter, burner assembly, gas valve, gas leak detector, thermostat, thermocouple, blower motor, and PC board.
DELUXE APPLIANCES
Icemaker, trash compactor, built-in coffee maker, built-in food processor, in-sink disposal, ceiling fan motor, and smoke detector.
INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR COMPONENTS
Door handles, latches and springs. That's it?? So anything that goes wrong with the house and roof (that you are required to maintain!), and winshield & front & rear caps and awnings, external kitchen or entertainment is not covered. Nor is interior cabinetry, flooring, SLIDES,120AC & 12V systems & wiring, lighting or entertainment components.
MANUAL LEVELING JACKS
Factory or dealer-installed bolt on and welded scissor jacks.
But if you have an auto leveling system it isn't covered.

Also not covered is the engine and transmission and associated drive train components in motorized. coaches.

Would you rather have the things that are covered by this warranty...or the things that aren't?
Wow seriously?? that warranty is a total joke. It covers things that almost never go bad.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 02-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Wow seriously?? that warranty is a total joke. It covers things that almost never go bad.
I won't say they 'never' go bad, after all, that's the point of a warranty, it's an insurance policy in case things that aren't supposed to go bad end up going bad.

But I do find it interesting that almost everything on 'their' warranty that is covered are all things that should already be covered under their own manufacturer's warranty, like the hot water tank, fridge, AC, etc...
Old 02-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I won't say they 'never' go bad, after all, that's the point of a warranty, it's an insurance policy in case things that aren't supposed to go bad end up going bad.

But I do find it interesting that almost everything on 'their' warranty that is covered are all things that should already be covered under their own manufacturer's warranty, like the hot water tank, fridge, AC, etc...
I did say almost and I stand behind that.

I have owned 5 campers and over 10 trailers with electric brakes (own 6 trailers currently 3 with brakes) None of the items on the list have gone bad for me in 35 years so why the extended warranty expense.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 02-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #29

Yup, the "Life Time Warranty IS Free", but you have to pay for yearly inspections which include some you pay fors documented oil changes, tire rotations and typical normal maintenance. Some warranties are better than others (if the dealer wants your return business) and include pressure checks and flushes to check for proper operation and leaks. Depending on the size of the dealer, they may turn a "blind eye" to some small stuff. Read the fine print!
Old 02-27-2018, 09:09 PM   #30

warranty forever

We bought our flagstaff micro lite from Buckeye RV in Ohio in 2016 and we have not paid anything for the warranty forever checkup ever. everything is included and no service charge. I call and come when they say. I wait a few hours as they check things out. I get the work order and send it in. No money out of my pocket. Can't be beat.
joe1141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #31

Forever warranty

I have the forever warranty and had the lippert slide system and power stabilizers replaced with no charge. During the annual inspection, the roof is inspected and sealed, the wheels removed and hubs greased, furnance cleaned, etc.

I have been very happy with the small investment for the annual service.
RV - 2018 Open Range 2804RK
getzold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:05 AM   #32

Happy

I have had one inspection done the dealer is only 5 miles away but well worth it they check it out they sign paper work saying they checked it and I have no worries on roof and water damage or appliances going bad .
tking01_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:48 AM   #33
Boondocking Only

Major rip off!
2010 F250 Lariat 6.8 V-10 w/Timbren SES
Custom Tunes by 5 Star Tuning
Boondocking Only
ddbck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #34

Forever Warrnaty

Those of you saying " major Ripoff " do you have experience with this or just your opinion?
tking01_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tking01_2000 View Post
Those of you saying " major Ripoff " do you have experience with this or just your opinion?
They have heard about it on the internet so it must be true

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:39 PM   #36
PhD, Common Sense

I would be interested.

Paying a few hundred dollars a year for an annual inspection and a warranty sounds like it would be worth it. I understand that I would have to pay the dealer for any maintenance issues uncovered, but that just sounds wise.

And I am not much of a do-it-yourselfer.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:09 PM   #37
Cutty

forever warranty

We have had two inspections at $199 each. We had an ac unit go bad-cost $0
Easy to work with people the only problem was the 3 day wait for shipping and installation. Well worth it. I don't know why they are charging all the extra fees but I would take a long look at that. Ive paid extra fees while TT was in for inspection but its because it was extra stuff I ask them to do (like install vent cover) that I knew was not covered ahead of time.
bbcutright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluStreek View Post
My MBS 2400WS Sunseeker is less than a year old, used on about three outings of about two weeks total, and has about 3000 miles on it. I called my dealer today (Stoltzfus RV in West Chester PA, good people IMHO) about a cost estimate for an annual inspection as required by the warranty. It's $125 for the chassis and $125 for the "house" !!! ....YIKES!!!, NO thank you. I'll bank the $250 for a rainy day, save the 120 mile, 2 hour round trip, save ~8 to 10 gallons of diesel, plus about $40 in tolls (I'm in central NJ), and self insure. I'm inclined to repair most things myself, so once the Forest River/Berkshire warranties lapse, I'll just deal with it. Besides, I have decent roadside coverage from Progressive Insurance for most on road issues. May look into other extended coverages if this forum has suggestions.

I thought it ("Forever") sounded to be too good to be true. It sure seems like it is not so good at all.
I started to read the responses but fell asleep. there have been previous threads on this subject.

You are not being charged extra for this warranty because you would have paid the same price for your RV if you refused to have this warranty.

The amount Stoltzfus charges for the yearly check is lower than what they usually charge if I recall correctly. I was told that they do not charge for caulking the roof if needed.

You can take it to any legitimate RV service facility for the yearly check.

It is your choice whether or not you wish to keep the warranty in force.

You should have received a written explanation of what are your responsibilities and what is covered along with a coupon book to mail in after each yearly inspection.

Think about what that warranty does cover and you may decide to keep it active.

You have a national dealer network that offers the same warranty and will do warranty repairs.

I don't know what Stoltzfus will do for a MB chassis so you need to find out if that is worth it , if it is not required by the yearly inspection.

I am not sure what Berkshire has to do with a Sunseeker. I don't recall Stoltzfus selling Berks.

I agree Stoltzfus services seem pricy but so are most other dealers.

I drive to Plainfield area to visit family from where I live near Stoltzfus and always complain about the toll cost and fuel usage.

I hope that what ever you decide works out.

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:49 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcutright View Post
We have had two inspections at $199 each. We had an ac unit go bad-cost $0
Easy to work with people the only problem was the 3 day wait for shipping and installation. Well worth it. I don't know why they are charging all the extra fees but I would take a long look at that. Ive paid extra fees while TT was in for inspection but its because it was extra stuff I ask them to do (like install vent cover) that I knew was not covered ahead of time.
Now, doesnít the A/C have its own warranty? It should, so in what way does that relate to warranty forever? For the discussion to have meaning, only those things that warranty forever covered themselves should be in view.

And warranty forever doesnít cover basic maintenance and inspections. If one is getting free inspections and such, that is dealer shop purview not WF.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:23 PM   #40
ARLO

46 years and 8 tt s and we have spent far less than $2000 in repairs. Never ever had an extended warranty.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty