Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2022, 08:51 PM   #41

Our wait will come to an end this coming Friday. It's been a long 6 month wait but our order is finally in. Just need to finalize the deal and our Sunseeker will be in our driveway.

Now the journey begins. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220106_111100_01.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	267539Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211222_120210995_HDR.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	267540

Towing

2020 Ford Ranger XLT sport
Hlbly1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:15 AM   #42
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlbly1969 View Post
Our wait will come to an end this coming Friday. It's been a long 6 month wait but our order is finally in. Just need to finalize the deal and our Sunseeker will be in our driveway.

Now the journey begins. Attachment 267539Attachment 267540
Congrats and enjoy it in good health.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:15 AM   #43

We were looking for a new Forester or SunSeeker to replace our 2014 SunSeeker at the Tampa show this Jan. When we saw the 12 volt only fridge and microwave at my knees, we moved on to other brands. Very happy we did.

So did I. That 12 v only fridge was a deal killer.
Entegra Vision 27A now...
Hans
Entegra 27A Oct 2021 - ?
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:50 AM   #44
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
We were looking for a new Forester or SunSeeker to replace our 2014 SunSeeker at the Tampa show this Jan. When we saw the 12 volt only fridge and microwave at my knees, we moved on to other brands. Very happy we did.

Hans
Enjoy your new Class A. I had a Coachpeople 27KB and maintained good arm strength wrestling that baby box down the road.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:52 PM   #45

Order delivery

We place an order for our forester 2861 in September, last delivery update was now end of February, anyone with getting them in 6 months?
TMG222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:11 PM   #46
Certified Curmudgeon

Wheel of Fortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMG222 View Post
We place an order for our forester 2861 in September, last delivery update was now end of February, anyone with getting them in 6 months?
Welcome and good luck with you new Forester. The wait gives you plenty of time to scour through this forum and get a cogent PDI checklist along with some sage advice on what to do and not to do when you go to pick up your glamping mobile.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:03 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post

Hans
Yes, those two items moved us over to Entegra last year at the Tampa show. Better quality, features and finish alll the way around for the same price.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:21 PM   #48

New Forest River Forester Reveals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob2019 View Post
This is my list of items cut since buying my 2019 Forester: No propane/110v refrigerator, no oven, range hood, microwave at knees, no cedar lined closets, solid surface countertops eliminated, no longer a carbon fiber dash, ONEControl monitoring system/touchscreen system gone, (also no screen then in bedroom), no wi-fi phone app control with One-Control gone, no DVD included with sound system anymore, 7 ceiling lights rather than previous 12, no toilet hand sprayer, cheaper kitchen faucet, cheaper looking bedspread and window valances, smaller bed headboard, no included Waste Master dump hose with valve, no longer a a painted OS bottom border (all white now) and I sure some more items. The price still went up.
An update on Bob2019's list of items NOT available on new Forester orders. I have a 2022 3051S on order with a scheduled May 2022 delivery. Spoke with my Dealer today to get an update on the delivery. I was told that FR would no longer be providing the rear ladder because of supply constraints. I queried the Dealer on how I was expected to access the RV roof and was told there are many compact, stowable ladders available .... seriously?? I asked if the back wall of the RV would be built to accommodate an installed ladder when available. He was not sure. Also, the power driver seats option will not available (unless you want to wait for a November 2022 delivery .... maybe).
tryon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:55 AM   #49

Picked up our Sunseeker 2150SLE last weekend, which we ordered May, 2021. No ladder. Person doing demo said discontinued because of liability issues; next person said Forest River no longer makes them, suggested telescopic ladder and not sure if back wall was built to accommodate; and after pushing, third person - original salesperson - said supply issue, lack of materials at plant, may be available in 5 or 6 months. When available, would have to purchase and install on own. A message to Forest River rep confirmed the wall WAS built strong enough to accommodate installation of ladder. Other changes we noticed but were not informed of included speakers now mounted in front wall instead of in awning and Forest River rep said new tv system has sound bar to use with speakers; main electric plugin is now outside, not enclosed behind storage door; the future solar input is no longer by front door - I haven’t looked into where it is now since we don’t plan on adding solar; and small changes noticed so far, such as dinette straight cushions that are no longer rounded with cup holders, different fabric pattern on curtains… We have not used the unit yet, so possibly we haven’t seen all the changes from what the 2022 model and videos show.
MaryLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 10:41 AM   #50
Kanadian Kamper

Boy…..gives “subject to change” a whole new meaning these days.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 03:24 PM   #51
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLynn View Post
Picked up our Sunseeker 2150SLE … main electric plugin is now outside, not enclosed behind storage door; the future solar input is no longer by front door - ...
Consider that the 30Amp power supply cord is an exterior twist connect that is removable because your LE now has an automatic transfer switch which was not included on the base models previously. A big plus in my book.

The solar prep is on the Classic. I believe what you are referring to is a “Solar on the Side” connector. Those began as Zamp and changed to Furrion or similar in later years. They were located near the batteries which are in the step well so yes, they would be by a door but not a “front door”. Those connectors are an easy add on for portable solar.
Old 03-08-2022, 12:15 AM   #52

The speakers moving is annoying, but no ladder?! That sucks, and is ridiculous. What's next? No faucets? I'm sure we'll be told there are plenty of nice aftermarket faucets you could put in if you choose to want water.
rkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:09 AM   #53
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkan View Post
The speakers moving is annoying, but no ladder?! That sucks, and is ridiculous. What's next? No faucets? I'm sure we'll be told there are plenty of nice aftermarket faucets you could put in if you choose to want water.
To clear up any confusion and put this to bed officially, the ladder is going away for one reason. The federal testing standard is changing. Until they actual complete said standard it is a liability to continue to install the ladders. Due to most suppliers getting out of the ladder business as a result, Covid shortages affected the last one. Many felt it was the best time to make the change and wait until a viable standard was in place.

Personally I have used a telescopic ladders to get on my own rig and find it far more functional for many reasons. Not being perfectly vertical is one of those.

Barring the Isata 4 series that we built for a short time, Dynamax has never installed ladders. So this is not a cost/feature thing.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 10:53 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
To clear up any confusion and put this to bed officially, the ladder is going away for one reason. The federal testing standard is changing. Until they actual complete said standard it is a liability to continue to install the ladders. Due to most suppliers getting out of the ladder business as a result, Covid shortages affected the last one. Many felt it was the best time to make the change and wait until a viable standard was in place.

Personally I have used a telescopic ladders to get on my own rig and find it far more functional for many reasons. Not being perfectly vertical is one of those.

Barring the Isata 4 series that we built for a short time, Dynamax has never installed ladders. So this is not a cost/feature thing.
First they replace the LP fridge with a 12V fridge & rooftop solar panel, then they take away the roof ladder so you can't climb up onto the roof to clean the solar panel to run the 12V fridge.

No gas oven option, microwave at knee level, Chevrolet 3500 instead of 4500, accordian door instead of solid door, plastic sink instead of stainless steel sink.

They will be selling thin air soon and blaming it on covid/regulations/shortages. When are they going to start adding big gaps at the top of the bathroom doors like their other company Coachmen does?

That should save them a few bucks.

It's a shame about that enclosed shore power plug being moved outside. That compartment was an ideal location to plug a solar generator straight into the shore power and run solar panels through the hole. Now you have to put it outside in the rain.

They always have to ruin things.
TPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:36 AM   #55
Certified Curmudgeon

Interesting

TPayne, welcome to the F/SS section. You might want to add which unit you have to your profile, signature block, registry or include it in your post(s). Doing so makes is possible or easier for folks to understand what you are talking about and gives your post credibility.

Just out of curiosity, why would someone who does not want a 12V fridge then want a solar generator?
Old 05-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Just out of curiosity, why would someone who does not want a 12V fridge then want a solar generator?
A solar generator can run more than just a 12V fridge.

Solar generators have inbuilt inverters so you can plug them directly into the shore power connection and run all sorts of things, like the microwave, without using gasoline or creating noise or climbing on the roof. The great thing about the Sunseeker and Forester is that they have, or had, everything enclosed so you could plug in a solar generator into the shore power while keeping the solar generator hidden and protected. You could run the solar panel cables through the compartment cut out. Not anymore apparently. No ladder either and no LP fridge option, or gas oven option or 4500 option.

I never said I didn't want a 12V fridge. I want options in life and for me to decide. I want multi-functionality and smart design to be on the menu. Who doesn't want that especially in an RV? That's the whole idea of the RV...choice...to stay or to go...to live on-grid or off-grid...to use gas or electric...to sit at the dinette or sleep at the dinette...

Now FR has come along and removed a few more things from the menu in the only restaurant in town.

These companies profit from destroying choice so it's a stupid idea to have a company in charge of creating freedom vehicles. Companies only care about money and they are never satisfied. Imagine a man in your kitchen who you're forced to feed and he's never full. After the food's run out he starts eating the furniture. Then after the furniture's gone he eats you then after he's eaten you he eats himself.
TPayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker