Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #1

FR 3011 Heading out

Tomorrow I will bring the unit home to load clothes, perishables, and all the other stuff we can't live without. Christmas Eve day we leave and that day and the next we spend with family on Smith Mountain Lake and then we are off to Myrtle Beach for a few days and then Florida for the next three months. If all goes well I won't see the house till some time in April. .
I've never started a major trip like this and been less prepared. I have driven the new rig less than a hundred miles since purchase, I have only spent one night in it since purchase. But if I waited till I thought I was ready it would be summer and why would I go the Florida in the summer?

We will be doing a couple FMCA rallies and a Frog dinner at Lazy Days and spending 6 weeks at Everglades RV park near Miami along with many visits with old friends and relatives .

I have loaded extra tools and wiring, and parts for projects to add comfort features to the rig along the way, if I don't have at least six open items on my to do list I start getting nervous. High on my list will be a porcelain toilet to make the Admiral happy (if the admiral's happy - then I'm happy). I also will be adding a barley-pop cooler to the rear passenger side compartment, I have made the measurements and can just squeeze the fridge in and not lose too much storage space. I find humor here that the porcelain fixture the admiral wants will probably be used more me by me because of my beer cooler.

Life is good
Wish us well on our Journey.
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #2

Have fun and safe travels
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #3

At first I was concerned that you were heading out without a shake down cruise, but then I saw that you seemed comfortable with projects and well prepared, so have a great time. Doing projects on the road is a challenge, but as you say, it gives you something to do.

We are leaving after Christmas for our usual 2 1/2 month trip to Arizona to get out of the cold weather and snow, we have done this for many years but still try to be prepared for the unexpected.

This retired life is great stuff.