Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2016, 02:09 PM   #1

Fr gts 2801qs

We would appreciate any real world info,good or bad on the model mentioned in the title of this post.. Are there issues with the slide out the back??Thanks for all !!

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:00 PM   #2

Several of us here have the 2801gts or the 2800 gts. Mine is a 2016 Forester 2801 gts. Can't say enough good things about it. Love it. No issues at all. All four slides work great including the new style split bed slide. It drives beautifully and I enjoy driving it as much as camping. I bought my unit from RVW and was very happy. Brothers Dave and Mike are great guys. I thought storage would be a problem but actually more than you think.
There is a good thread we started about 2801 mods and upgrades, link below. Any specific questions just ask.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=103715

Lou
2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #3

I have to agree with Lou, we are loving ours.

Brian
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #4

2018 2801 Forester here...

We just purchased our 2801 QS and made an 8000 mile trip back home to Alaska with a few stops along the way. We had a few little issues along the way and were unfortunate to find that the dealerships here in Alaska won’t honor the warranty work for out of state purchases. We’ve had issues with the touch pad control panels, and the dining table slide. Also, the housing to the microwave has cracks in the corners, almost like it was tightened too tight when installed. I’ll search the forums to see if any others have these issues. One question I have, there is no ladder on this mh, can you safely walk on the roof? Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to put on the RV cover?

Thanks!
Alaskaforester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:49 PM   #5

Sorry about your issues but I recommend getting a dealer to repair and document for warranty purposes. As for the roof, I have the same rig but a 2016 model. The roof is very solid and I have no problem walking on it. I purchased an extendable ladder I keep in the rig and lean right to the left of the awning. Good luck with the other issues.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

We like ours very much. The floor plan works for us as it is big enough to live in for 4 months. The Forester has more standard bells and whistles but we upgraded the things we want. Check out Tombsy’s 2801 mods post in this section and my 2800 mods post in the Sunseeker section for a better look under the skin.
As for the rear slide, it’s great. Allows for a walk around regular queen without adding 3ft behind the rear axle.
Notably, the quality has improved greatly. I had one defective latch, one missing screen retainer and a cracked molded plastic trim piece in the cab. Cons: No thermopane windows and the heat pump is not designed well for this application.

Note: The new Sunseeker does not have the problematic One-Control system.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #7

I like my 2017 2800 gts

A few minor problems but it drives nice and has plenty of room for the two of us. I did several chassis mods to make it drive better. It is a great model and you should like it.
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
charles l is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags