Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 12:56 AM   #21
2012 Solera

A thought I have had on this issue - I believe the internal water filter is plumbed AFTER the water pump. By so plumbing the internal filter, it filters both tank water and shore water. As a result, however, unfiltered water flows through the valve in question. I suspect dirt or sand could enter the valve and result in the valve sticking open. I use one of the "blue bullet" water filters whenever I hook up to shore water and when I fill my fresh water tank - avoids any "dirty water" flowing through the pump/valves.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:37 PM   #22

Below is a couple of pictures I took with the valve opened and closed. Upstream to this valve is the water tank. You want to leave this valve open unless you have a valve failure in the water pump causing a reversal flow of water into the fresh water tank.

FrankClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430080576.912620.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	75305Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430080621.936420.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	75306

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
A thought I have had on this issue - I believe the internal water filter is plumbed AFTER the water pump. By so plumbing the internal filter, it filters both tank water and shore water. As a result, however, unfiltered water flows through the valve in question. I suspect dirt or sand could enter the valve and result in the valve sticking open. I use one of the "blue bullet" water filters whenever I hook up to shore water and when I fill my fresh water tank - avoids any "dirty water" flowing through the pump/valves.
There is a screen on the inlet of the pump. I don't think we used to install it (years and years ago) but I recall that when we started, we found out it lengthens the water pump warranty with that installed.

Maybe it went from 1 year to 2 years.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #24

Yep Brian, the filter keeps all the junk from getting into the water pump. The problem with the check valve stems from with either the pump freezing up over the winter or high water pressures from the park (and not using a pressure regulator). My pressure regulator failed on me last year which I believe is what caused my check valve to go but not 100% sure. Either way, I have a shutoff valve installed and a spare 4008 pump to change out if needed. Ohh, I also replaced the old water pressure regulator with a new one!

Frank
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank