Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2018, 11:53 AM   #1

Freshwater fill saga

2018 Forester ds3011
I cannot get bleach in, it keeps pushing it out. I have a 1 foot tube and still no luck. This is a horrible design where the intake is almost horizontal when I fill it with water half of it comes out while filling.

Ideas?katie
Kchamp40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:20 PM   #2
Chief tinkerer

Katie, increase the length of your hose that you gently push into the fill port to 4' to get it past the sag in the fill line between the cap and the tank inlet.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Let’s recap here.....

Are we saying that a 2018 Forester motorhome, uses a fill port to the fresh water tank as opposed to a connector direct to an attached water hose to fill the fresh water tank under pressure from a tap like at a campground or your own house?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #4

Yep, I spill more than what goes into the tank
waiting for a slow time when I can replace the ribbed fill hose with a smooth hose and run a better air escape hose.
this was a terrible after thought from the factory, they really need to come up with something better.
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidyupgo View Post
Katie, increase the length of your hose that you gently push into the fill port to 4' to get it past the sag in the fill line between the cap and the tank inlet.

Thanks will do. I wasted so much time today and ruined a shirt with bleach. These manufacturers really need to put some common sense into their designs.
Kchamp40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #6
Jayhawker

I have had the same problem with the water fill port. Take the one foot tube you are using to fill and place it over the screened vent beside the fill port and blow into the vent. The vent maybe clogged and water is backing up when trying to fill.
Jayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:26 PM   #7

I have a 2016 3011 and agree they could have done a better job with the water fill for the tank. Took me a little while to remember that this is gravity fill and water does not run uphill! Once I got that figured out I turned the RV around in my street such that the water fill was street side and above the water tank so filling was much better. I also use a long clear hose to fill which goes further down the fill hose and enables me to turn on water at full pressure. The only issue I've had since was at my sisters house trying to fill it on a steep incline.

PS. When winterizing I actually take the hose off the tank under the bed and put the bleach directly into the tank that way I'm not getting bleach on me or the outside of the RV.

RVr
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, water