Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2021, 05:16 PM   #1

Front seat change Ford 450

Good day all, just bought my 2019 Sunseeker 3250 bunkhouse and now time to make some memories. Excited to see all the fellow travelers on this forum and can not wait to see all the cool things people are doing and have done to their rigs.

While this is the first one I have owned we have rented similar rigs the last 2 summers with the Ford 450 cab. It might be the most uncomfortable seat i have ever sat in and I put up with it the last 2 summers because i was taking it back, now I own it and I really really want to change out the seat. Has anyone done it? Any suggestions on what to buy? I would like heated at a minimum but massage would be nice also.

Thanks in advance for any replies and see ya out there

Todd
calvin2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:25 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

This has been discussed before.
Get your check book out. This ain’t gonna be cheap.

It may take awhile but if you look up top in the search box, you may find previous discussions. Or, just keep scrolling backwards in the Sunseeker and Forester forum for ever and ever to find the discussions.

I have the stock seats in my Ford E450, and I’m lucky, they work for me.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:52 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Here is the most recent thread for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2540847

Happy Trails
Old 05-15-2021, 08:21 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies to you both, still trying to learn navigation on this site so appreciate the link.
calvin2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:11 AM   #5

Not sure what kind of seats you have in that vehicle now, but I own (still buying actually) a 2019 Ford F-450 Limited edition. The seats in our vehicle are very comfortable and we have driven more than 10K miles with no issues. They have heat/cool and massage features, which makes them even more comfortable for longer trips. I do wish they had the air suspension built-in, but that would be the only thing missing from these seats.
MLJLC4473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:34 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJLC4473 View Post
Not sure what kind of seats you have in that vehicle now, but I own (still buying actually) a 2019 Ford F-450 Limited edition. The seats in our vehicle are very comfortable and we have driven more than 10K miles with no issues. They have heat/cool and massage features, which makes them even more comfortable for longer trips. I do wish they had the air suspension built-in, but that would be the only thing missing from these seats.
Ford E450 is the topic here......not F450 pickup cabs.
Completely different vehicles and interiors here in the Forester and Sunseeker forum.

The original posting is a typo for his motorhome as he’s a newbie.

Ken and Terry
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 05-19-2021, 04:02 AM   #7

Totally agree! My seats are the worst, I’ve seen some of the replacements offered and they look great. Before that investment, I was actually wondering if anyone had added any add on seat pads etc. I’m lue of new seats that made an improvement.
aeguy010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:46 AM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeguy010 View Post
Totally agree! My seats are the worst, I’ve seen some of the replacements offered and they look great. Before that investment, I was actually wondering if anyone had added any add on seat pads etc. I’m lue of new seats that made an improvement.
I use the “Purple” seat cushion. They make different kinds to suit your needs. Works great for me but it is only for the seat and not the back and/or lumbar. Note: I have the swivel seat.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:16 AM   #9
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
I use the “Purple” seat cushion. They make different kinds to suit your needs. Works great for me but it is only for the seat and not the back and/or lumbar. Note: I have the swivel seat.
I used a really big sledge hammer to swivel my seats.......ONCE!

Ken and Terry
Old 05-20-2021, 09:04 AM   #10

The first big trip in our E350 Motorhome 200 miles in. I did not think we would make it with the stock seats. We stopped at Costco for gas. Wife went in to buy food. Found seat cushions. Saved the trip. 6000 miles they felt fine. Not as good as buying new comfortable seats though, still on my mind.
BDenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:41 PM   #11

I have the same year and model in the Forester version 3251. I agree about the seats. Been looking at the site below but it will be a while before I get there. Currently working on my project theater seats.

https://www.discountvantruck.com
Old 05-25-2021, 04:03 AM   #12

I guess I'm lucky, because the seats fit me very well. I've had more seat time in the RV than anything else I've owned in years.
Driver fatigue gets me before the seat does.
That said, it's the later model ones like we have that you can't just slam captains chairs into.
I did check out swivel bases, because that would be my reason for a mod, but it's not nearly as easy as t used to be.
Whether due to air bag placement, or other safety and crash worthiness issues, I'm not sure. Seems the only companies making those bases are real proud of them.

Tags
ford