Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
PAPA T.

furnace and leveling jacks

There seems to be a problem with my new Foerster 3051. When the furnace ignites it turns on the leveling jacks. Read more.
I will be reaching out to Forest River today and if you could also. It would help push the issue that replacing the ignition in the furnace did not fix the issue with the jack system turning on when furnace ignites.
I have found several other people on the Forest River forum that also have this issue. To me it looks more like a design of cramping everything into one area is the issue than the ignition itself. But who am I.
But this give me big concerns of an electrical ark shorting out other components or even starting a fire. Forest River needs to make this a top priority before it causes a loss of property or life.
trozfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #2

The fix I read on the forum for this was installing a metal shield between the furnace and the leveler control board.
I need to see if mine is doing this as well.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:52 AM   #3
PAPA T.

Could you guide me to the post on this forum that you saw this issue before?

Forest River is know telling me it's not arking and it is suppose to do it. Which makes no seance to me.
trozfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #4

It was in the Sunseeker section. I keep up with both as the motorhome equipment is very similar if not the same.

It will help to read from the beginning to end. Hope this helps.

I opened the link and it works but it came up on page 5 of 5. Hit the top left double arrow << to got to page 1.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=122865
Old 02-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #5

furnace has ctacked igniter

I have had this problem. It took several months to diagnose. The fault was a cracked igniter on the furnace

Regards
knoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoddy View Post
I have had this problem. It took several months to diagnose. The fault was a cracked igniter on the furnace

Regards
Thanks. Every experience and solution adds to the knowledge base and helps us other guinea pigs