Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2022, 11:09 AM   #1

Generator auto start

Has anyone installed or had installed a generator auto start that kicks in when the batteries get low. I only dry camp i have a 2012 forester class C with the one board onnan.
My friends diesel push has it but thats a more expensive unit
Bezzola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:40 AM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

OC

The newer units with One Control have AGS. Don’t know if the new FireFly does or not but I expect it would.

For legacy units you would need to install something like this:
https://www.cummins.com/generators/m...r-start-system

I thought about it but went with remote temp monitoring instead.
Old 03-21-2022, 03:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzola View Post
Has anyone installed or had installed a generator auto start that kicks in when the batteries get low. I only dry camp i have a 2012 forester class C with the one board onan.
My friends diesel push has it but thats a more expensive unit
I installed a Magnum MSH3012 inverter with AGS. I have it programmed to start at 40% SOC and shut off at 95% SOC. I also have some quiet time and load triggers set up. This is not inexpensive equipment, nor is it a simple install. I probably have 80+ man hours in the electrical system upgrade alone. There are simpler options if you only want AGS. You may have some trouble with these basic systems if you use Lithium batteries as these basic systems are going to rely on battery voltage to determine SOC which is inaccurate for Lithium systems.

2015 Sunseeker 2500TS
Magnum 3000VA Hybrid Inverter w/AGS, Relion Lithium w/Victron BMV-712, 600W 24V Solar, 5 Star tune, Hellwig Bars, Safe-T-Plus, Sumo springs, On-board SSD PLEX server, MOFI cellular router, Full HD video distribution w/Apple TV's...
IBEW Local 551 Foreman
roblombardo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator