Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2022, 07:34 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post
here is some more information from our production team for troubleshooting.

"The generator battery cable is on the outside of the BCC box facing the frame rails. The owner would need to slide under the coach and may have to clear some spray foam away. There are 2 battery cables that mount to the backside of the BCC. One cable is for the engine battery and the other cable is to the generator. At times, the cable can work itself loose out of the connector."

you will have to check the cable connection underneath the coach.

I hope this helps

Thank you!
Old 06-24-2022, 07:35 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckerobinson View Post
My generator did the same thing. RV repair shop showed me a silver colored square cover near the generator to remove & there was a black reset button there. Pushed it & problem resolved. Hope I was a help 🤷*♀️

I will give it a look. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2022, 07:35 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike306 View Post
I had a similarly frustrating situation with my generator last year. I am comfortable turning wrenches and using meters but could not solve my problem. I called Advanced Generator Repair in Englishtown, NJ. I don’t know where you’re located but if you are within driving range, I highly recommend a phone call and possibly a visit. Best of luck… I feel your pain

I am located on Long Island. If my mechanic can’t figure it out maybe I’ll take a ride to Jersey. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2022, 08:33 AM   #44

Not sure how you’re wired but my generator starts off the chassis batteries not the house batteries. Could be something there.
BirdeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:10 PM   #45

Gas more than 1/4 tank?

I have a Forester w. basically the same generator and my manual says the generator will not run if the MH gas level is below 1/4. FWIW. This is to keep you from getting stranded.
Al
aloffsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:59 PM   #46

Update:

My mechanic had to replace the motherboard for the generator. That’s why it was not getting power to the switch.
Thank you all for all your replies. This is a great forum with wonderful knowledgeable members!!

Tags
fuse, generator