Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2016, 12:18 PM   #1

Glue is not holding on Ceiling and wall

I purchased a 2012 Forester 3011DS about a year ago and have put about 12,000 miles on it in that year. After our last trip I noticed the ceiling fabric is coming loose over the cab area of the coach. On further inspection I discovered the whole front panel of the over the cab wall is come loose. I don't know if it is the use of the 'green' glue or is this a problem with this coach. Any suggestions or experience with this problem?
Randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #2

Can you post some pictures?
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:26 PM   #3

We bought a 2016 evo tt. Went on a 3,800 mile trip and noticed in about 5 places the counter top laminate is coming up. I don't know if it is the new water based contact cement they are required to use or they are not letting it set long enough before applying the laminate to the top. It's back at the dealer waiting on approval from FR before they do the repairs. Hate that it takes over a month to do a few days work, especially during camping season.
Stetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:28 PM   #4

Do u have a soft touch ceiling ?
skylilymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:39 PM   #5

Randal, are you sure it's not a bigger problem like a leak in the roof/cap junction?
Old 08-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #6

We have a 2006 Lexington, ceiling in bedroom (soft) let loose. We glued. Then letting loose in living, had fixed at rally. Now coming loose again. Old glue, new glue....either way not working. We will pull and fix again with spray contact glue.
frogsandhogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:51 PM   #7

Ceiling and wall adhesive problems

No leaks or evidence of leaks. It is a one piece cap. Yes it is a padded ceiling and I made a mistake in applying 3m headliner adhesive. It is no longer sagging but I do not like the appearance and think that I will have to pull the front panel off to correctly glue it back and I will probably have to replace the whole ceiling section on the overhead to make it look like it should.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:53 PM   #8

I do not see any evidence of a leak.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #9

Headliner coming loose

Yep, I've got the same issue on my 2011 Georgetown 337DS. It has the "soft touch" liner that is nice in the places that haven't separated but is a constant pain pressing it back up which only holds for a short time.
I'm very curious what others have done, and what products were used to achieve success!
Marvlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:39 PM   #10
GT777

Same model, same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlab View Post
Yep, I've got the same issue on my 2011 Georgetown 337DS. It has the "soft touch" liner that is nice in the places that haven't separated but is a constant pain pressing it back up which only holds for a short time.
I'm very curious what others have done, and what products were used to achieve success!
I would like to know how to access the ceiling behind the vinyl cloth. I thought I would use commercial roof liner glue to reattach the liner.
GT777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:59 PM   #11

3M make an excellent spray adhesive that will last a long long time
Rangerdrvr59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #12

On my 2011 Georgetown 337DS I had a roof leak that the dealer took forever to fix. Shortly after I got it back the ceiling started to fall. I took the trim piece off, re stapled the lock piece up. Then cleaned the fabric and ceiling as best I could. Used spray contact cement,being real careful not to get any on the exterior. Then grabbed at the open seam and used a Formica roller , working It towards the lock piece. Only been 4 months,but so far so good.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:35 PM   #13

Yeah, I have no idea. Mine is a thin vinyl material with a layer of foam rubber bonded to it. I've tried to see the underlayment material, looks to me like OSB board or a similar material. I haven't wanted to peel it off yet until I can get the correct adhesive to re-install it.
I am going to try and get over to the Frog rally and hopefully get an answer there.
Good luck!
Marvlab is offline   Reply With Quote