Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2021, 07:18 AM   #1

Go Power Solar

The brochure I received when on purchased my 2021 Sunseeker 2440DS states it is pre-wired for solar on the side in order to add additional solar panels. However I’m unable to locate the connection.

Thoughts?
Khawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:39 AM   #2

On my 2250LE, it's just to the left of the door about knee high, it's about 1" wide and 1/4" high, plug the cap and plug it in... There is generally a sticker right by it as well when on the side

Now you might have one on your roof for roof mounted solar panels, I don't

Good luck
Toy4Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawk View Post
The brochure I received when on purchased my 2021 Sunseeker 2440DS states it is pre-wired for solar on the side in order to add additional solar panels. However I’m unable to locate the connection.

Thoughts?
On our early build 2020 24440DS, there is a “solar on the side” connector on the outside wall to the left (aft) of the coach entry door, below the exterior 120 volt outlets. It is just a two wire connector wired to the house battery. If I wanted solar power, I would need to supply a controller and panels.

We did not order any solar option with our unit, which has a propane/AC refrigerator. Since your 2021 likely came with a 12 volt refrigerator, yours may have included a roof solar panel. In that case the “solar on the side” might take on a new meaning or not exist.

I looked at a photo of a 2021 2440DS in the brochure, and the connector is not there. That means very little because the Sunseeker brochures are sloppily done and often contain many errors. To illustrate my point, that same 2021 brochure also shows a 2019 or an early build 2020 2440DS with a propane refrigerator, and the solar on the side connector can be seen.

https://www.forestriverinc.com/broch...erbrochure.pdf
Old 08-02-2021, 11:09 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Do you have the roof mounted Solar option? if so the side port hook up is not included. you can add additional panels to the roof
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawk View Post

Thoughts?

If it has the factory roof mounted panel wouldn't the controller unit be inside the step well near the battery box? As on Forester 3011DS...
bw
Old 08-03-2021, 05:18 AM   #6

Mine is a rooftop install. Thanks for the information.
Khawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:38 AM   #7
Have Camera will Travel

If you are going to add more solar to the roof make sure that you get the solar connections, at least with ours the panel was hard wire directly to the RV. The other thing is that the positive and negative were not marked on the panel wiring. I looked at schematic of the panel to figure it out.
2000 W inverter.
Koni FSD shocks and upgraded castor bushings.
Canadian Eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 01:06 AM   #8

I have a factory installed go Power 100W solar panel on my 2440DS.
Things to note: The go Power controller is PWM and not MPPT. Therefore if you want to add solar panels and use the same controller the panels need to be in parallel.
Also the go Power kit uses 10 awg wire. This will limit the number of panels you can safely add.
I am planning on a full solar re-design with LiFePO4 batteries (hopefully working the next 6 months)
Taj-on-wheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, solar