Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 09:19 AM   #1

Good Sam or Coach Net?

Good morning all.

It's time for me to renew my Good Sam roadside assistance plan which is left over from my old rv.

When we purchased our Forester this January, a year of Coach Net basic was included.

I upgraded Coach Net Basic to Premier so having both plans seems redundant.

Can anyone tell me your experiences with either plan?

We haven't used them but thought it best to be well covered for the upcoming Goshen trip.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #2

I'm struggling with similar problem.

Good Sam covers boat trailers. AAA Premier doesn't. I have too much 'coverage' and need to pare back, but unsure which to keep. Some are good in areas, some in other areas. But I need one coverage that covers cars, trucks, boat trailers, ATV trailers, and 5th wheel all the same.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
Enjoying Life

We have used our Good Sam RA a few times and have had very good service. A friend has Coach Net and has had equally good service. I see nothing wrong with having both. There could be times when one or the other is not available in certain areas and you would have options. Seems like cheap insurance to me.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
We have used our Good Sam RA a few times and have had very good service. A friend has Coach Net and has had equally good service. I see nothing wrong with having both. There could be times when one or the other is not available in certain areas and you would have options. Seems like cheap insurance to me.
Thanks, I was leaning toward keeping both for the exact reasons you brought up. I going ahead with the renewal.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:42 PM   #5
Site Team

After I found out that all the major Roadside Service companies farm out to the same local wrecker / recovery / support services I dropped down to just Coach-Net Premier.

If you are broke down in Nowhere Georgia and call both Coach-Net and GS the odds are both of them will be calling the same local Billy-Bob's Wrecker Service as he has the local contracts for them, FMCA, AAA, Ford, GM, Fiatsyler, etc, etc, etc...and the local PD's.

I found this out a few years ago when I managed to get my new Chevy pick up stuck. I called Chevy and was told it would be about two hours... Not wanting to wait I whipped out my AAA card and called them. They said it would be about two hours... So I pulled out my Allstate card and called them...yep, about two hours. A few minutes later my cell phone rang and the local wrecker service dispatcher was on line. She said I could keep calling anyone I wanted but it was going to be two hours before they could get to me...
Old 07-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #6

FYI, my Good Sam Platinum Roadside Assistance was due for renewal and I received in the mail an invoice for $140. My local Camping World had told me that when I was within @ 2 weeks of renewal I should come in and renew at the store. Cost of renewal at CW was $100, a savings of $40.
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #7
Retired Ford Tech

Thumbs down GS vs Coachnet

I have GS and have never used it. If you want a Coach Net experience for the bad, go to GYPSYJOURNALRV.COM and click on Nick's blog for June 13th. It's a very disturbing story! Nick has been Fulltiming for 13 years a has recommended Coach Net when doing his seminars. NOT anymore!!
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #8

My experience last wknd when I needed a new thermastat after overheating. AAA made me wait over 24 hrs for a flat bed to arrive. They only would cover 100 miles. I needed another 168 miles to get to dealer. My out of pocket: $495.00!!!! Not a happy camper with them.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post

Good Sam covers boat trailers. AAA Premier doesn't. I have too much 'coverage' and need to pare back, but unsure which to keep. Some are good in areas, some in other areas. But I need one coverage that covers cars, trucks, boat trailers, ATV trailers, and 5th wheel all the same.
I will most likely switch from AAA. But wanted to let you know AAA RV + will cover anything on wheels as it was described to me. But Good Sam does seem to be a better deal. I have used my AAA membership on a couple of occasions. I have no complaints with their services other than price. My membership was a little over double what Good Sam was going to charge me for roughly the same services.
R HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
Good morning all.

We haven't used them but thought it best to be well covered for the upcoming Goshen trip.

Thanks.
We have Coach Net and have used it twice with good results. First time was last Summer when we arrived at the campground and I found a nail in one of the TT tires. Coach Net had someone call me within 30 minutes and was out to the campsite in 1-1/2 hours. I had spare put on at no charge. This past Spring while parked at home, our deadbolt on the lockset broke and we could not open the TT door. Called Coach Net and they had locksmith call within 30 min saying he would be out in a couple of hours. He wound up having to drill out the cylinder. He said the normal charge for that was $75 but since Coach Net only covered $45, he wrote the ticket for that amount so didn't cost me anything again except cost to replace the lockset which I did myself. I think the $45 limit on this kind of call was probably just getting the lock open but no drilling but glad it worked out.
'15 (6) : '16 (32) : '17 (41) : '18 (35) : '19 (38) : '20 (15) : '21 (15) :
Sebourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
Good morning all.

It's time for me to renew my Good Sam roadside assistance plan which is left over from my old rv.

When we purchased our Forester this January, a year of Coach Net basic was included.

I upgraded Coach Net Basic to Premier so having both plans seems redundant.

Thanks.
i've been told that GS is real slow pay to wrecker outfit in fact whan GS starts looking for help for u some want even talk to them not same as CN.thats what happenes when u call in they start searching for cheapest they GS they can find then try &beat them up.i am on CN no proplem
santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post

I get that coverage from USAA my automobile insurance company. It covers Anything I am driving and Anythiing connected to it Anywhere in the US or Canada..................Total Cost, $50.00 every 6 months

Tags
good sam