Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #1

GPS - Need help

Teaman here. I am having troubles with the GPS mapping gadget on the dash panel of my 2013 Sunseeker 2300. I need some advice and help with this thing. First, the GPS map seemed to work, but would periodically pop up an advisory to update the system. And after I fiddled with the controls awhile, the screen now has a warning box pop up. Can't get it off screen without shutting down the dash electronic system and re-starting.

I guess I need to install an update but have no clue how to proceed.

The dash panel does have a USB jack on it. Can I download an update on my computer and put it on a USB stick???

Thanks for any help.

I probably need to go out to the motorhome and fire it up to see again the exact message in the warning notice box. I don't exactly remember right now.
Teaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #2

take a picture of the warning message with your phone, then google the exact message and you'll probably find your answer...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #3

If you have the Jenson unit that's in my 3010DS, I suggest the best fix is to give up and buy one.
kins83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #4

Teaman here. Thanks fellows, Had not thought of Google - good idea.

And yes - I am not a fan of Jenson. The big Jenson TV set had an intermittent and would just suddenly shut off. So soon I had enough of that and took it out. Installed a 110 Vac TV set at a new location behind the driver's seat. Got the idea from someone's Youtube video who had a 24 foot class C. I like much better.

I'll see what Google says.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #5

gps vx7020a

If you have this unit then you need to go to naviextra web site for updates. You also probably only have a 4 gig sd card. You can use a 8 gig sd card. To use an 8 gig you will have to copy the files from the 4 gig card first. Do not use the jenson web site for updates as it is a different model vx7020 NO A.
I have had no problem with this gps after updating to the 8 gig sd card. It is located next to the usb port.The manual can be downloaded from asa electronics web site

Hope this helps
knoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoddy View Post
If you have this unit then you need to go to naviextra web site for updates. You also probably only have a 4 gig sd card. You can use a 8 gig sd card. To use an 8 gig you will have to copy the files from the 4 gig card first. Do not use the jenson web site for updates as it is a different model vx7020 NO A.
I have had no problem with this gps after updating to the 8 gig sd card. It is located next to the usb port.The manual can be downloaded from asa electronics web site

Hope this helps
To relieve my frustration, I forgot about the Jensen and just use my android. Problem solved!
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #7

If you have a Magnadyne,,, you have to remove it from the dash in order to update !!!
Is there anyway to get past the update screen,,, you know like No Thank You ???
Our 2013 Sunseeker came with a Magnadyne with 2011 software !!!
It's great driving on a new stretch of HWY and GPS shows us driving in a Corn Field !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #8

Teaman:
We have the same 2013, SunSeeker 2300 motor home with the same Magnadyne All-in-one GPS, Blue tooth, radio, DVD player, CD player etc etc.
I tried a few times to update the GPS and gave up in frustration.
I now happily use a Garmin with voice directions and lifetime map updates.
Never could get the Blue Tooth to work so my shotgun rider handles the communications with the cell phone.
The DVD portion works as does the CD player, but radio stations are off a bit; i.e AM 580 shows as 570 and you can't tune anything but what ever pre-sets, in FM etc.
Cold Lake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Lake Kid View Post
Teaman:
We have the same 2013, SunSeeker 2300 motor home with the same Magnadyne All-in-one GPS, Blue tooth, radio, DVD player, CD player etc etc.
I tried a few times to update the GPS and gave up in frustration.
I now happily use a Garmin with voice directions and lifetime map updates.
Never could get the Blue Tooth to work so my shotgun rider handles the communications with the cell phone.
The DVD portion works as does the CD player, but radio stations are off a bit; i.e AM 580 shows as 570 and you can't tune anything but what ever pre-sets, in FM etc.
The Radio SUCKS because FR hooked the Magnadyne to the antenna on the fender of our E-450s,,, instead of hooking to the radio antenna on the roof !!!

Kid,,, did you try doing the update by removing the unit from the dash ???
Our software is now 6 years old !!!
Old 04-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #10

Wolverine 1945:
Yes, I removed the unit and tried to update it a couple of times, paid the fee to update to Navi whatever the name is.
I still have the errors in tuning and couldn't get the Blue Tooth to work with any of the three phones we have.
As for the GPS, I just take my Garmin from the van and mount it in the MH if I'm going to anywhere new.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #11

Teaman here .............. I did the google search for IGO*exe error message (fatal error it turns out). Seems to be a frequent problem encountered on this rig. All the suggested 'Fixes' seem to be way over my head. Perhaps a computer Guru could manage to get the GPS working again, but I think I'll take the suggestion of a few members here to just chuck it and use a portable GPS. I got an old one in my car that still works. I think I'll just take that with me in the MH.

Thanks for all answers.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #12

Portable GPS (Garmin) is what I decided to do as well.
I find the radio CD and DVD player portions work, OK although I find the rig noisy on the road and I must turn up the volume to hear things properly.
Best Regards
C.L.Kid
Old 04-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Lake Kid View Post
Wolverine 1945:
Yes, I removed the unit and tried to update it a couple of times, paid the fee to update to Navi whatever the name is.
I still have the errors in tuning and couldn't get the Blue Tooth to work with any of the three phones we have.
As for the GPS, I just take my Garmin from the van and mount it in the MH if I'm going to anywhere new.
If I were you I would call Magnadyne,,,
I have heard of them being very helpful ???

Our first unit was replaced by FR,,, in hopes of fixing the poor radio reception,,
did not help !!!

It really sucks that the unit has to be taken from the dash to update !!!
Old 09-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teaman View Post
Teaman here. I am having troubles with the GPS mapping gadget on the dash panel of my 2013 Sunseeker 2300. I need some advice and help with this thing. First, the GPS map seemed to work, but would periodically pop up an advisory to update the system. And after I fiddled with the controls awhile, the screen now has a warning box pop up. Can't get it off screen without shutting down the dash electronic system and re-starting.

I guess I need to install an update but have no clue how to proceed.

The dash panel does have a USB jack on it. Can I download an update on my computer and put it on a USB stick???

Thanks for any help.

I probably need to go out to the motorhome and fire it up to see again the exact message in the warning notice box. I don't exactly remember right now.

They wanted to charge me $70. To update grade GPS. I thought that was ridiculous. My phone doesn’t charge, so I use it.
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #15

update fees are the reason I quit using dedicated GPS units... and I never installed/paid for the one in my dash...

I use my cell phone for all mapping functions that I now use... My $50/month data plan keeps all of the maps ( Apple and Google) up to date.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:50 PM   #16

X3 here on the 2013 2300. Someone mentioned a replacement product? I am interested in any unit that keeps the cd, fm, and dvd. IMHO needless to say the mag unit is not much of a unit.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #17
Sunseeker 2400MBW

My husband got Car Toys to install a Kenwood unit that uses Apple Car Play. It has a radio, and CD and all kinds of apps, we only use Spotify. No DVD.

Between Apple, Google, Garmin car GPS and paper maps, we find our way.

The Jensen factory unit had a screen that you couldn’t see unless you leaned over to look directly at it.