Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #1

GPS Screen Lighting

The GPS display dims when the lights are on. On narrow roads, poor visibility, or heavy traffic, we normally drive with the lights on, but then have trouble seeing map display. Is there a way to defeat the automatic dimming?
tnx
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Always Learning

If it's anything like my truck, I can control the brightness of the display and able to turn it up to the point that it's back to the "lights-off" brightness. With the lights on, my truck even changes the background color from beige to black -- but when I turn the light level up the whole way, it switches back.

Can you adjust the brightness of your lights for your gauges and backlighting for radio and stuff/
Old 05-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #3

Yes, standard rheostat does dash lights from off to dim to bright, but doesn't affect GPS screen
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #4

GPS lighting mode

There is a day or night setting for the stereo/GPS if it is the Magnadyne.

On the bottom left of the unit - on the touch screen at the home page next to the clock you will see a little orange sun or a star/moon - this is the lighting setting. Touch that icon and it should go from bright to dark - you can manually change it between day and night mode - it doesn't change with the vehicle interior light setting.
dklane012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #5

After you have set the day/night on the home screen (above) on the GPS screen touch the bottom left corner and on the screen that comes up there is a moon icon to change from dark to light background.

I cut the wire that dims the screen when lights are on and manually change it when needed.