Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2021, 01:14 PM   #1

Gun Storage 2018 FR3011DS

I'll bet that this title will get some comments.

A couple months ago I was prepping for our annual three month stay south of Miami Florida and as i was going thru all the cabinets and compartments i came across a feature that I didn't know about and never heard discussed on this forum.
In the front dashboard in the dog house area there is a cubby hole that i use to catch all the "STUFF" that doesn't have a proper home. I was emptying the plugins and things when i discovered a shelf way back at the top of the box. The second i touched it a light bulb went on in the space between my ears. Dam if the boys at Ford Engineering didn't make a perfect place to hide things that shouldn't be left out.
I'm just wondering if we ALL know about this feature and I was the last to know?
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 01:19 PM   #2

Now that you know please look directly at my pen while I put my sunglasses on
Old 02-06-2021, 01:42 PM   #3

I have seen similar questions and discussions on here and other forums. Like (insert your favoritetruck.com).

I don't think broadcasting the "perfect place to hide things that shouldn't be left out" is a good idea. But then that is just me
YMMV
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 01:49 PM   #4

Our 2021 2861 has a locked cubby built into the steps that would hold a pistol, during the walk through the guy pointed it out to us, pretty cool but we live in NJ so... [emoji51][emoji23]
avengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:06 PM   #5

What may be a perfect place in one state may not be in another state. Different laws regarding "ready to use" or "fully disabled".

I prefer on my person where legal or secured in a small safe built for the purpose.

If a dealer sales person knows about this "perfect place" so do hundreds of other people.

A small safe is also a great place for cash, jewelry, or other valuables.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 03:16 PM   #6

Cousin was camped in campground, Wisconsin state fairgrounds[Milwaukee] Keeps his handgun under bed pillow and was in bathroom when heard camper door open. 2:30 PM. Heard wife say can I help you? Came out with pistol in hand and individual said, oh wrong camper. Point is firearm needs to be available
Jan and Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:49 PM   #7

Even my Colorado has a hiding place... why wonder? Why advertise?
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:29 PM   #8
Do It Yourselfer

Hidden shelf

The little shelf in the top of the glove box in the Ford MH's is for Owners Manual. When the manual is slid in place it won't be laying in the compartment in the way, when searching of other items.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3, storage