Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2017, 06:18 AM   #1
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Has anyone exchanged the dinette for chairs in a 2300

DW and I recently purchased a 2014 SunSeeker 2300 and have tried it out on a couple of short trips to see what we like / dislike or want to change. One thing we both agree on is the dinette is only an extension of the countertop and not comfortable to sit at to watch tv or to read. We are thinking of taking it out and putting in a couple of comfortable chairs as we are learning we have plenty of storage but no place to sit and visit when the weather isn't good to sit outside. If you have pictures we would love to see them and learn what you used and how you like it and what you might change. We have about one year to get our second home ready for extended travel of 1-3 month trips so it is more comfortable and user friendly.

Thanks!

Alan
Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #2

Others have done similar.
Only problem with recliners is they have a laid back seating position.
Makes it difficult to eat with them.
I have angled them forward with shims and we use a pillow when we eat at the big table.
Otherwise- I love it.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nge-94707.html
Old 07-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Ha! I replied to your link! Lol! I really appreciate your feedback with the pictures. We didn't think recliners would work in our case so we are looking at a couple of swivel rockers and a small footstool. Our dinette is the wraparound type and just isn't useable for us. We plan to go out for a few months at a time and the dinette isn't a great place to sit and read or watch TV. I like this forum because there are so many great ideas on here.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:03 AM   #4
2014 SunSeeker 2300

I decided to do a little exploratory surgery yesterday to see what I was getting myself into. We had finally picked out some preliminary furniture that we thought would fit so the time was right to get started. After pulling off the back seat panel I discovered a large metal bracket the seat belts were tied to, a larger woofer speaker from the sound system, the bedroom floor was cut back so that I could see a little under the closet and the fender over the driver side duals. This project is just not going to be as simple as pulling out a few screws. It's going to take someone very experienced in remodeling these things as it won't be easy to modify all cuts in the floor to make it strong a look nice. Thanks for the ideas but this not a project I can handle.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:52 AM   #5

No problem switching out a simple dinette to recliners.We determined to keep the seat belt . With an extension ,the belt works as intended.IMG_20160323_180615.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160323_180615.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	145774  
Old 07-23-2017, 07:33 AM   #6
2014 SunSeeker 2300

I love the way yours looks but unfortunately mine is the giant U-shaped dinette. I just didn't expect to see the floor cut and notched like it was. We are exploring other options as I have over a year to make decisions. I also have a shop about 20 miles away and another about 45 miles away that does custom work on campers and motor homes so if we want we can take it there. I am not a handyman with all the tools required to take on a project like this.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #7
Sunseeker 2400MBW

We find our u shaped dinette uncomfortable for more than a quick lunch. The part of the slide we would put the chairs on is not very wide because there's two drawers on each side. All that would have to be removed and the slide floor replaced. The part about it being an extension of the kitchen counter is correct, we hate losing that more than the drawer space. We want to live in ours, at least several months at a time.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:36 AM   #8

Not a 2300 but here is what I did in our 3051 where the jack knife was.

3051S Jack Knife Removal

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=133762
Old 07-23-2017, 09:37 AM   #9
2014 SunSeeker 2300

We have the same idea. The cabinets are almost impossible to reach with the table set up. We are removing the table to use portable small tables to eat at. The uncomfortable back cushions have been removed. We plan on getting some comfortable foam and covering them to replace the back cushions so we can sit inside on a rainy day to read or watch a movie. Our MH is a work in progress and as I figure out my own ideas I will try to post them. Other people have already come up with great ideas and posted them some of which I plan to utilize.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:44 AM   #10
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Not a 2300 but here is what I did in our 3051 where the jack knife was.

3051S Jack Knife Removal

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=133762

That looks really nice. I did a similar change on our class A DP as we preferred recliners to the sofa. It was great and not much work to change out. Unbelievably the new owners wanted the old recliner and the couch back in it when we sold it. Smh. I might take a few pictures of what I ran into so everyone can see. Heck, someone else may have run into this and has some super slick idea they used.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awilson View Post
That looks really nice. I did a similar change on our class A DP as we preferred recliners to the sofa. It was great and not much work to change out. Unbelievably the new owners wanted the old recliner and the couch back in it when we sold it. Smh. I might take a few pictures of what I ran into so everyone can see. Heck, someone else may have run into this and has some super slick idea they used.

And that is why the jack knife is in the basement. Just in case we put back before selling etc.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #12
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
And that is why the jack knife is in the basement. Just in case we put back before selling etc.

Lol! I stored ours for three years! What a pain to move this stuff in and out the door of a class A. Passenger seat always had to be removed to make it easier to get recliners and couch in and out.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #13
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
No problem switching out a simple dinette to recliners.We determined to keep the seat belt . With an extension ,the belt works as intended.IMG_20160323_180615.jpg

Wow that's Beautiful!! Please come fix ours!!!!
Old 08-03-2017, 04:27 PM   #14

Changed out mine with the Lambright Lazy Relaxor Lite. Fully extend without hitting side wall behind or sink base cabinet. They are awesome have sat in them for last 20,000 miles and would highly recommend. Had to relocate 12v and 120v outlets into wardrobe cabinet, Installed seatbelts thru-bolted with grade 8 bolts and backing plates. There was enough vinyl flapped under step up to cover piece of plywood added to close gap on face of step up floor. Couple pieces of trim from Home Depot and looks factory.
Topwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:43 PM   #15
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topwater View Post
Changed out mine with the Lambright Lazy Relaxor Lite. Fully extend without hitting side wall behind or sink base cabinet. They are awesome have sat in them for last 20,000 miles and would highly recommend. Had to relocate 12v and 120v outlets into wardrobe cabinet, Installed seatbelts thru-bolted with grade 8 bolts and backing plates. There was enough vinyl flapped under step up to cover piece of plywood added to close gap on face of step up floor. Couple pieces of trim from Home Depot and looks factory.

Show me some photos. I'd like to see your handiwork. Btw, was yours the two bench dinette or the U shaped one?
Old 08-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #16
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topwater View Post

That company has great looking furniture. I emailed them a question about the depth of your Lambright recliner and they responded, and, in less than 24 hours.
I don't want to lose the 2 drawers under the benches, but that dinette is very uncomfortable esp for my husband's knees. I'm looking forward to ripping all that out. I wonder what else we'll do, we can't seem to quit throwing money at this thing.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #17

2 benches
Old 08-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #18

Old 08-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #19

Old 08-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #20