Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #81

Put all the cab radio antennas on the coach roof as the Solera has. I specifically requested Forest River to do that when newly received Sunseeker was being built. I just received the unit and the coach roof mounted antenna makes a huge improvement in radio reception, especially AM.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #82

We just bought a 2011 Sunseeker 3010DS and love it. There are a couple of things that I could suggest as improvements. These may have been taken care of in newer models, so if they have, just ignore this suggestion.

We had a Class B Gulfstream Vista Cruiser and just inside the door was a switch to let you turn on the inside lights without entering the coach. This was really handy at night. On our coach, you can turn on the patio light from down by the steps, but you have to get inside and fumble around or use a flashlight to get to any lights inside.

The other issue is with the switch for the bedroom slide. It is about the same level as the light switch and closer to the bed. I keep wanting to use it to turn on the lights. I was also worried about our three year old grandson playing on the bed and kicking the switch with his feet. He didn't but I was continually watching him to make sure that he didn't touch that switch. the other slide switch is on a wall panel that would be difficult to mistake or for kids to get to. I may put some kind of cover over it so that I don't get up in the dark and forget I am not at home. At least, you have to hold it in to make the slide move. :-)

The U-Shaped dinette takes some getting used to, but the bed it makes is actually pretty decent. The table seems a little high, but I suppose we could cut the table legs off to adjust that. Maybe some adjustable legs would help.

Thanks so much for your participation in this forum. It's nice to know you guys care about our suggestions and satisfaction.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #83

What about having wi-fi integrated into the system. Then those that have Netflix or other means can stream from the internet. Also, on the jacknife couch for the 3010 it owuld be nice if this were a fold out couch. Would probably fill up the isle when open, but may be able to add an extra sleeping position.
RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #84
Commercial Member

I use a mobile hot spot from my phone when traveling with the family. Multiple people can hook into it.

We are working right now on a new 3010 sofa. We don't like hide a bed sofas (bars in the back) and from my experience the air mattresses always leak. We're proto-typing some fold out type sofas.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #85

We found the U-shaped dinette makes a great bed but the cushions don't want to stay in place. So, we took a couple of pieces of ribbon (that came on some throw pillows) and tie them together. It would be nicer if there was maybe velcro or something to hold them in place when it was made into a bed.

The new sofa sounds great! Just make sure that when it's extended that it doesn't block the entrance to the door. We didn't buy one unit we looked at (not FR) because it had a sofa bed (looked like a home unit) and when folded out, you could not get out the door. Would be a problem walking the dog without waking the lucky person was that got to sleep on the sofa bed. :-)

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #86

For the U-shaped dinette, we put a thin blanket over the cusions and tuck it in tightly to hold all of the cusions together.

RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #87
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonekeepers View Post
Just make sure that when it's extended that it doesn't block the entrance to the door. We didn't buy one unit we looked at (not FR) because it had a sofa bed (looked like a home unit) and when folded out, you could not get out the door. Would be a problem walking the dog without waking the lucky person was that got to sleep on the sofa bed. :-)
Yes, we will only offer it in units with a access path when extended. So 3010/3011, 283 Lexington, 24R & 24S Solera (when sofa is optioned in).

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote