Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2021, 03:23 PM   #1

Help Figuring Out Plug, Switch, and Galley Guage

Hello,
First time RV owner, purchased a 2005 Sunseeker last week. The past few days I have been going over the RV, ordering parts, and watching YouTube videos to figure stuff out like dumping black/grey water and such. Need help figuring out these 3 items (pictures attached):

1. This is a 220 plug inside the compartment where the external power cord is at. I'm guessing it could be used if the external power source has a female end?

2. This is near the floor by the entry door/step, battery cutt-off, propane detector, etc. The right switch is for the exterior light, but can't figure out the left switch?

3. Referring to the Galley button and guage. Does this mean that my kitchen grey water storage is separate from my bathroom grey water? It is reading separate values, but it is my understanding that these guages are not often accurate. When I'm hooked up to sewage I can just turn on the sink and open the main grey water valve, but in the meantime thought I would check here.

Thanks in advance for any inputs! James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5961.jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	248463   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5963.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	248464   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5964.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	248465  
jclark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:37 PM   #2

The first one, the big plug is where you plug in your 30A cable in order to get power from the generator. Newer units have an auto transfer but this is the older style.
As for the little switch I don't know but you might try this in the dark and see if anything comes on.
And it does look like you have a seperate galley/kitchen tank. So you should have three pull handles somewhere.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:17 PM   #3

1) The outlet is not 220 volts. You should have no 220 volt circuits on your Sunseeker. It is a 30 amp 120 volt outlet, and it is probably the output of your on-board generator. Your unit probably has no automatic transfer switch to switch over to generator power, so to use the generator, you plug your motorhome’s main 30 amp 120 volt power cord into that outlet.

3) The panel may be a universal panel used in many RVs.. You may have or may not actually have 2 grey tanks.

Put the model number of your Sunseeker in your posts or in your signature. Without that, people may not be able to accurately answer all your questions.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:03 PM   #4

Thank you behind bars. That makes sense about the generator. Before we plugged into house power, the wire was plugged into this outlet. So makes sense this was pulling from the generator.

I'll look into adding the info to my signature block. The registration/title has this listed as a 2005 Ford E-450. Suggestions on how to figure out the model and model year? I can check the VIN and see if the door tag has any info. Thanks for all the help!
Old 02-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark50 View Post
Thank you behind bars. That makes sense about the generator. Before we plugged into house power, the wire was plugged into this outlet. So makes sense this was pulling from the generator.

I'll look into adding the info to my signature block. The registration/title has this listed as a 2005 Ford E-450. Suggestions on how to figure out the model and model year? I can check the VIN and see if the door tag has any info. Thanks for all the help!
The registration/title is just showing the chassis details. VIN and door tag will probably will not help you identify the Sunseeker model. On that E-450, there may have been something like 8 different floor plans with different lengths and layouts built that year. Usually there is a name tag or sticker outside near the entry door with the Sunseeker model, something like 2500TS or 3010DS or some combination of numbers and letters. Sometimes the chassis model year and the finished motorhome model year are not the same.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #6

Turn all power off.
I would detach the convenience center panel from the wall and see if the galley button is connected.
While you are there, take your time and check all connections for tightness.
As stated, 3 tanks, 3 valves, usually.
The switch is probably the porch light. Check for bad bulb.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #7
Director, FROG

Lighted switches are frequently for something that's not readily apparent when it's powered, so that you realize that it's on. I suspect that it might be for lights in your cargo bays.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #8

Ref 2. The circled switch should be the power awning. On our Sunseeker, we had a 3-way switch in that area that operated the overhead lights in the coach. The other switch was on the service panel. It was convenient when entering the coach in the dark.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 03:47 PM   #9

Thank you Garrette,
I'll look into pulling off the panel. I did not find a 3rd valve, for sure not a 3rd pull handle by the black/grey water outlet. When I hit the Galley button on the control panel, it is lighting up 1 light (1/4 full). I'm hoping to de-winterize in a few days. I plan to check the panel to see if the Galley light indicator rises during flush and cleaning.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
Ref 2. The circled switch should be the power awning. On our Sunseeker, we had a 3-way switch in that area that operated the overhead lights in the coach. The other switch was on the service panel. It was convenient when entering the coach in the dark.
I think your 3 way switch was your awning (up extend/middle off/down retract). Cannot have a single throw(on/off) switch for an awning and that's what the OP's circled switch is.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I think your 3 way switch was your awning (up extend/middle off/down retract). Cannot have a single throw(on/off) switch for an awning and that's what the OP's circled switch is.
A 3-way switch operates a light circuit from 2 different locations. I can't quite tell about the OP"s circled switch. I mentioned a 3-way circuit because our Sunseeker had that at the entry. It is suspected that OP"s switch is a forward/reverse switch. Press the rocker switch up, it extends the awning. Press the rocker switch down, it retracts.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #12

Quote:
A 3-way switch operates a light circuit from 2 different locations. I can't quite tell about the OP"s circled switch. I mentioned a 3-way circuit because our Sunseeker had that at the entry. It is suspected that OP"s switch is a forward/reverse switch. Press the rocker switch up, it extends the awning. Press the rocker switch down, it retracts.
The OP's switch is a rocker switch but it is only ON/OFF.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:44 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
So you're saying it's retracting the awning continuously since it's fixed in the down position?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
So you're saying it's retracting the awning continuously since it's fixed in the down position?
As I recall it is 3 positions switch, not a 3-way switch. Open (up), Neutral, and Retract (down)
Old 02-27-2021, 05:53 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
As I recall it is 3 positions switch, not a 3-way switch. Open (up), Neutral, and Retract (down)
Look closely at the pic. The switch is in the down position. Do you think the awning is always retracting?

... and I've never seen a lighted switch for an awning control.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Look closely at the pic. The switch is in the down position. Do you think the awning is always retracting?

... and I've never seen a lighted switch for an awning control.
No, the OP would have to look behind the switch to see how many terminals it has. If it is a single pole rocker switch, it is either on/off (2 wires) or a 3-way (3 wires). A reverse polarity switch would fall back to the neutral when released unless it has failed. As I mentioned in my original reply, we had a 3-way at the entry door stair well and the second 3-way in the service panel. Those two switches serviced the central ceiling lights. On our Sunseeker, the stairwell had 3 switches. One operated the awning, one the exterior lights, and the other for interior lights. The OP has a different configuration.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:19 PM   #17

All,
Thank you for the help. I figured out that the switch I circled is for the motorized door step, that is broken. Got all these figured out.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:52 PM   #18

Regarding Model/Year of your 2005 Sunseeker, you might find some infoss here:

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2005/...y-Forest-River

Tags
switch