Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2017, 06:28 PM   #1

HELP Water Out Of Filler

Need help...Picked up my Sunseeker GTS 2430S yesterday and fiancee followed me home in our truck. Said every time I started from a stop water came out of the FW Filler cap. Thoughts?????
fritzg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #2

I think it should have a check valve to prevent water from coming out the fill. It has happened to me before when the tank was really topped off. I lowered the water level a little and it stopped. Not really sure what happened I think "it fixed itself ". I am sure someone will give you the best answer, lots of info here. Someone will figure it out. Was the cap on tight ??
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #3

I don't have one but did they give you the gift of a full FW tank? Did you want water in the tank?

Was it new or used and did you buy private party or dealer?

If you did a dealer PDI that included water maybe there was a problem with the valve on the pump? Sometimes they stick and will fill your FW tank when hooked to city water.

Let us know if you meant to fill the tank or not and if it is full. Could be many things depending on what you did before you pulled away.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #4

If my water tank is full and the coach is moving water will come out of the vent from the fresh water fill.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #5

Help-Water out of filler

Was the rig attached to a water supply before you picked it up? If so, a check valve in the water pump may have failed and allowed water to backflow into the water tank, over filling it.

When turned on, the pump would operate as needed; however, when the rig is connected to a supply, the water pressure can overcome the pump's backflow preventer, allowing water to flow through the pump, and back into the tank, eventually overfilling it.

Enjoy the new rig!
bobkathy78759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzg2 View Post
Need help...Picked up my Sunseeker GTS 2430S yesterday and fiancee followed me home in our truck. Said every time I started from a stop water came out of the FW Filler cap. Thoughts?????
We have the same issue with water coming out of the gravity fill spout while driving, turning corners, stopping, going up hills, just about the whole time. We have the same Sunseeker model. After looking around the water tank, the location of the tank and the height of the water fill opening we’ve concluded it’s just the way it’s designed and something we will have to workaround.
We would like to be corrected if our conclusion is wrong.
Did you get a solution fritzg2?
Madison: Cocker Spaniel Queen of the Home
Jrcoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #7
Certified Curmudgeon

I can make the water “slosh” out of the filler tube just by shaking the coach when the tank is full. Overflow will not harm anything. However, it is not a good idea to travel with a full tank. Too much weight on the mounting ears. I suggest you dump the tanks and sanitize the FW system anyway. I got a lot of debris out of the black and gray. Much more “pleasant” to remove a stuck cut out from an unused black tank.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #8

Our issue is that we dry camp with the nearest water filling spot over 20 miles away up and down over a mountain road And we have to pay for the water.
We started full and arrived with a little over a half tank.
We’re working on some sort of plug. The gravity fill spout is about a half inch above the level of the tube opening on the water tank.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:44 PM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Interesting... What about stuffing a foam rubber ball in the filler neck? (with a string through it so you can pull it out) or an inflateable plug if you can find one small enough (like a balloon with a valve)
Old 07-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #10

Having attended the FROG international Rally last year in our 2017 Sunseeker 2430GS and talked to the factory techs that your issue with the fill is what it is. They told me was in the design
fritzg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #11

Good ideas! We are testing a cork plug that sits between the cap and the inner lip of the fill tube. Our biggest concern is making sure we can get it out and not lose it down the hole.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:24 PM   #12
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Why not just replace the filler spout with one that has a cap on it?

Probably $15-$20 bucks!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:43 AM   #13
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Why not just replace the filler spout with one that has a cap on it? ...
That’s a great idea but it would add too much tongue weight on the trailer hitch.

Tags
water