Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2014, 11:16 PM   #1

Help with furnace

I have a 2014 3010 and I just came back from my first shakedown trip. We have the thermostat in the bedroom with air and furnace. Turned it to furnace put it on low and 68. It was warm at the bottom vents but I reached up to the air vents in the ceiling and cool air was coming out. How can that be? Is that the blower?? Thanks for any help and happy travels to everyone.
Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
Average Joe

I keep my fan in auto (AU). Keeps the upper fan off. It only circulates air when the furnace is on. If you have a heat pump and the stat is set to heat pump, it should blow warm.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #3

On your thermostat, the setting marked fan determines whether the fan on the air conditioning unit will run all the time, or cycle on and off with the air conditioner. However, when you are running the furnace, the setting will determine if the fan (air conditioning fan) will run when the furnace is on.

Move the thermostat to the "fan" position and you will see Hi, Lo, or AU (for automatic). Use the + and - key to change settings. Then move thermostat to Air Conditioning or Furnace, as desired (or Heat Pump if you have that option. Here's how the fan setting will work:

When the furnace is on, the fan setting of AU (auto) will keep the air conditioning fan off at all times. (That's the air circulating through the upper air vents (ceiling). Only the furnace fan will cycle on and off as needed (lower air vents that blow hot air). If the fan is set to Hi or Lo, then whenever the furnace and its fan come on, the air conditioning fan will also run on hi or low speed. Hot air will come from the lower vents directly out of the furnace. Cooler (room temperature) air will circulate from the upper vents.

When the air conditioning is on, it works a little differently. In the auto position, the fan will come on only when air conditioning is needed. It will switch from high to low as needed to meet the demands of the thermostat. With air conditioning selected and the fan on hi or low, the fan will run continuously at the selected speed and the air conditioning compressor will cycle on and off as needed to cool the MH.

If you have the optional heat pump, the fan control will work like it does for air conditioning. Heated, but not "hot" air will come out the upper vents.

Sometimes running the AC fan with furnace can spread the heated air out more evenly. Running the fan continuously with the AC on can do the same, plus provide a sound dampening "white noise" when you have loud neighbors.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #4

Thanks for the great instructions RvBill3. I will type that out and laminate it for future use. My problem was not going to fan and selecting the Auto setting. This forum is a great place to learn.
Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace