Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2018, 06:28 PM   #1

Smile Hey Gang...new to the site...

Just bought a 2014 SUNSEEKER 3010DS with a little over 13K on the odometer for $50K. She appears to be in great shape, just the usual nicks here and there. I've never had a formal motor home before but have had three gooseneck horse trailers with living quarters so I'm generally familiar with the issues. However, my drivetrain has been a 2000 F250 Powerstroke, not the E450. Just wondering if anyone can point me to anything I should be aware of with this new to me rig.

Appreciate forums like this where there is such helpful give and take and great discussion of people's opinions in both directions!

Atlanta Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #2

Welcome and enjoy your 2014 Sunseeker 3010DS!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:23 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on the nice Class-C!

We came VERY close to buying one a few years ago but fell in love with the Rockwood (And I got to buy a Tundra to go with it the new larger camper.)
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:32 PM   #4

Since your screen name means you might be close to Austell you should pay Safe-T-Plus a visit and have them install their stabilization thing on the 450 front end.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:10 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Welcome to the Sunseeker section of the FRF. There are a lot of posts here and in the Forester section that can help you. The first step I suggest is that you find something specific to address. An overhead question such as yours will get you a myriad of responses that may be irrelevant to your needs. Also posting pics can be more helpful than anything else.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #6

Welcome to the Forums and congrats on the new ride. I have a 2013 3010ds. First thing I switched was bilstiens shocks all around and the steering stabalizer I installed in the driveway with my 10 yr old son so its really easy to do, then you wont have any more white knuckles drives and swaying.

But like the above said post specifics and you will get tons of help here I know I have over the last few years.

Bob
Old 09-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #7

First thing I would do is check your tires carefully. If they are the original Michelin tires, better replace them or be ready to possibly have a problem on the road.
As some people have suggested, upgraded suspension/steering parts can be nice. I have the 2014 SS 3100 and haven't done any mods as it drives fine to me. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
Enjoy the SunSeeker.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #8

Speaking of tires...

I di d notice a little cracking on the rear tires so I was planning to replace them soon. I've always used Michelins on my F250 and horse trailers so I'm inclined to stay with them. I do see that there are various opinions out there. I have used the M/S and M/S2 previously but its seems they may not be able to handle the load so Michelin now has the DEFENDER series out since the last time I bought tires.

Curious as to anyone's opinion on those.

BTW, I plan to keep my Sunseeker 3010DS in an enclosed pole barn on gravel. Any other suggestions?
Atlanta Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #9
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. As far as tires they have "aged out" already or they are getting close to the five year replacement point. Check in to joining the FMCA for both the benefits and the Michelin Tire purchase plan. See Here for more details....
Old 09-17-2018, 10:56 PM   #10

FMCA Michelin Advantage Program

As mentioned above, check out the Michelin Advantage Program through the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA). I recently bought six new Michelin tires for my Class A and saved $106 per tire using the FMCA program
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:18 AM   #11

Check the DOT on your tires I had Michelens on mine with 16k klm so about 10k miles. They where cracked like crazy and i was about to pay to switch all 7 of them. I looked up the DOT on the tire and they where recalled from michelen. They paid for 7 new tires and the install nice savings of about $2300.

they where MICHELIN® LTXTM

Good luck
Old 09-18-2018, 05:46 PM   #12

Welcome aboard.. We are just down the street from you in C'ton.. If you did not know it integrity is close by on78 in D'vile.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote