Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #1

How to mount bedroom TV in 2400R?

Our new 2017 Sunseeker 2400R has wall connectors (coax and power) for a wall-mount TV. It is unclear where to insert anchors in the wall. How do I determine how to mount the TV?
withoutoneplea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:09 AM   #2

I have a 2400r with the tv already mounted. I suspect that there is a wall stud somewhere near the center of the mounting wall. You may be able to find it by tapping on the wall. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	145545Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	145546Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	145547
JoeSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #3

BIG help! Thank you!
Old 07-21-2017, 07:12 PM   #4

No stud in our 2401r Forrester but about 10" from the top to the top of the cabinet there must a plywood or some sort of backer.

I think monkeys installed my tv mount because they used a combination of two different mounts and neither worked right. I replaced it with one similar to the previous posters mount but found out the hard way that if I went too low there was nothing for the screws to bite into. I now have several holes in the cabinet.

Maybe I'm the monkey after all. But at least now I can watch the TV and actually see it.
flocktothewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #5

I can't identify a vertical stud in my 2400r wall either, but there seems to be something solid towards the top. I hope to find something to hold screws. Thank you for helping me to avoid learning the hard way.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #6

My Rockwood had a sticker that said "Backer". I tried to screw it where the sticker was and screws kept stripping out. I called Forest River and they said there was a large sheet metal backer behind the wall. Used sheet metal screws and took it easy and it is still hanging solid. Just have to know what, where and how. Maybe make a phone call before you make put a dozen holes in the wall like I did.
mwdilday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
My Rockwood had a sticker that said "Backer". I tried to screw it where the sticker was and screws kept stripping out. I called Forest River and they said there was a large sheet metal backer behind the wall. Used sheet metal screws and took it easy and it is still hanging solid. Just have to know what, where and how. Maybe make a phone call before you make put a dozen holes in the wall like I did.
Great suggestion. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutoneplea View Post
BIG help! Thank you!

A simple stud finder works in our toy hauler. First trip out the fold flat, four seat couch came off the wall. Dutifully waited a month for the nearby factory authorized service center to fit us in and they "Fixed it ". New screws at a slight angle and bingo. So fair to assume that stud spacing was a bit off but compensated. Second trip out my daughters found herself sitting on the floor---again.

Done screwing with half assed dealer type services (not our dealer. At the time they had lost their really good service mgr) but nonetheless tired of idiots. Took my STUD FINDER and WOW. Both the factory and the service centers had misses the "stud" on both ends by an inch. Oh and the couch wasn't ever level by nearly half inch between the two mount points at 6 feet apart. STUD FINDERS WIN
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #9

Thanks!

Tags
bed, mount, roo