Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #1

How to remove propane regulator

I have a 2013 Forest Rivera Sunseeker RV Model 3100 DS. I am trying to replace the propane regulator--BUT----how do you get the old one off ? The one side of the old one has a hose so that when you spin the regulator you spin the hose ? If want--I can send pic--Ted R --help ?
Ted R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Usually the hose end has a “hex” nut on which to put a wrench.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #3

yes but when I twist the hex nut it twists the hose a lot ---doesn't seem right that the hose would need to twist so much
Old 06-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #4

thanks---problem is that there is no room to allow the regulator to rotate---almost no clearance to the tank---thank you anyways though
Old 06-10-2018, 05:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted R View Post
thanks---problem is that there is no room to allow the regulator to rotate---almost no clearance to the tank---thank you anyways though
Can you disconnect the other end of the hose? Perhaps it has a swivel fitting on that end.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #6

On most regulators, the other end is a hand-tightened connection. Remove that first, after shutting off the supply valve, and then you should have ample room to remove the hose. (It might take two wrenches.) BTW, for years I've carried an extra regulator, which can be purchased for $30-50 depending on type. (Lowes carries them, but make certain whatever you buy has the vent facing down when installed.) RV regulators are dual chambered and are vulnerable to a number of failures: overpressure, moisture in tank (freezes as it enters regular), overfilling, and more. Two things I always check for before allowing anyone to fill my tank: turn off the supply valve yourself since inexperienced employees can easily forget this; re-open the supply valve yourself very slowly at first to prevent a surge on the internal expansion chamber bladders. PS- tanks are full at aprox. 85% of volume, which will indicate full on most tank gages.

Tags
propane