Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #1

Info on 2800QS

Looking at trading in our current Class A and purchasing SS 2800QS any comments Pro or Con will be appreciated Thanks
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

I started with the same question:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1703927

Then if you read my posts (and responses) beginning in Feb ‘18 I think your Q’s will be answered. Note: My thread “2800QS Mods, will show you what I didn’t like.
I’m on the road in mine now so I am available to answer any specific questions you might have.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #3

Thanks Duck I will read both post I am presently out in my Class A In Asheville NC been traveling for 6 weeks 2 more weeks will be home. Been emailing my dealer in Florida and hoping to move over to the SS when I get back. Love the Thor Windsport but DW has a hard time in the passenger seat.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
...DW has a hard time in the passenger seat.
??? Obviously I don’t know what the issue is but there is not a lot of leg room on the passenger side of the E-450. Of course, my DW has no problem in the drivers seat of this one.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
??? Obviously I don’t know what the issue is but there is not a lot of leg room on the passenger side of the E-450. Of course, my DW has no problem in the drivers seat of this one.
DW was very nervous sitting so high and the big windshield with nothing in front of her so I think the change to the SS will be a good fit
Old 07-25-2018, 06:28 AM   #6

Ducky good read thanks looking forward getting back to Florida and looking at it first hand hopefully we get the deal done.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #7

We traded a Class A for the 2430S, the other GTS in that series because I was like your DW. I was a nervous wreck, even after 8 years in a Class A. I love, love, love the ride in the smaller unit. Your wife will too. It's the difference between riding in a bus and a truck. We drove 10,500 miles to Alaska and back. Plus, you'll love the extra doors. Good luck.

Debby
dkwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Ducky good read thanks looking forward getting back to Florida and looking at it first hand hopefully we get the deal done.
We got ours from RVWorld of Nokomis but it was at the Ft. Myers show in Jan.
$115k msrp South of $80k out the door. Now that they are discontinued, you may be able to shave a bit off that. They had a 2801 too but I didnt like the electronic panel for everything and it had big foot. Mine has Level-Up.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #9

Quote:
$115k msrp South of $80k out the door. Now that they are discontinued, you may be able to shave a bit off that. They had a 2801 too but I didnt like the electronic panel for everything and it had big foot. Mine has Level-Up.
Thanks Ducky it looks like it is still available I have the level up system on my present unit what don’t you like about the big foot system
Old 07-25-2018, 02:26 PM   #10
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thanks Ducky it looks like it is still available I have the level up system on my present unit what don’t you like about the big foot system
This: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1369996

This: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1570439

And This: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1771048

Sorry you asked yet?
Old 07-26-2018, 09:23 AM   #11

Thanks Ducky did read other similar post. I had an issue with my level up system during my first leg of my 2 month trip turns out it was the communication cable between controller and touch pad and also control box. Called support they diagnosed sent parts to next campground installed all working great. First issue I had with levelers in 2 years
Old 07-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #12
Certified Curmudgeon

I’m not saying Level-Up does not break. I had 6 point on my Creek and it worked perfectly after I changed the fluid to Mobile 1 Full Syn ATF. It eliminated the popping without adding the “stiction” fluid.
Then I had a total pump failure in my Pursuit 4 pt motorized. (photo below). Coachmen used a discontinued pump in my early new model build. The connecting shaft between the motor and pump was too short and it ate the spline up. The folks at Level-Up brought me in to their factory shop at 7:30am and were there to marshall me in. They replaced the entire system with the new model.
This one they short sheeted me almost 2 quarts of sauce. So I took the opportunity to replace the rest with Mobile 1. BTW, I asked at my PDI if they checkef the reservoir and they told me that they had. Bring a mat to PDI and crawl under is my advice. That sauce is expensive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	129841EB-EA2D-4BE4-A9BF-07E9D1AC8E2E.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	181316  
Old 07-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #13

Quote:
I’m not saying Level-Up does not break. I had 6 point on my Creek and it worked perfectly after I changed the fluid to Mobile 1 Full Syn ATF. It eliminated the popping without adding the “stiction” fluid.
Then I had a total pump failure in my Pursuit 4 pt motorized. (photo below). Coachmen used a discontinued pump in my early new model build. The connecting shaft between the motor and pump was too short and it ate the spline up. The folks at Level-Up brought me in to their factory shop at 7:30am and were there to marshall me in. They replaced the entire system with the new model.
This one they short sheeted me almost 2 quarts of sauce. So I took the opportunity to replace the rest with Mobile 1. BTW, I asked at my PDI if they checkef the reservoir and they told me that they had. Bring a mat to PDI and crawl under is my advice. That sauce is expensive.
Sorry Ducky the point I was trying to make and failed was their great customer service i was back up and running with my levelers at the next campground with their help
Old 07-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #14
Certified Curmudgeon

No problem. I got that but I felt the need to say that I do not revere Level-Up but like you, their customer service is fantastic. If I didn’t have a choice I would have bought the one with BigFoot as it is better than nothing.

Besides, if you take out the 2 sauce issues, It was Coachmen that stuffed the outdated shelf stock in a new model. LCI had already nixed its use and still stood behind it.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #15

Maybe you already knew this, but apparently Forest River has ended the 2800 and 2801 GTS models. Only dealers stock that is available now.

We also liked the smaller GTS and went from a Class A to the 2431 GTS last year when it was discontinued. Overall we've been very happy with it, although I would prefer the simpler electronics of the Sunseeker over the Forest River. But it is sooo much easier to drive then the Class A! For me it's less stress which is the whole point why we're out there! Have had no problem with Big Foot, and when I did call them on a Sunday afternoon, I got right through to a tech. Last time I called HWH it took 10 days to get a return call, and it came at a bad time for me to talk with them!

Good luck with your purchase!
Hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Not to hijack but I have nothing good to say about RV World of Nokomis, Lakeland Fl. store. We purchased our unit at a show, price was not bad but PDI and some other issues left a bad taste. I won't use them again.
Moderator, please delete or move if you deem inappropriate here.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:51 AM   #17
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
Not to hijack but I have nothing good to say about RV World of Nokomis, Lakeland Fl. store. We purchased our unit at a show, price was not bad but PDI and some other issues left a bad taste. I won't use them again...
The grass wasn’t any greener at the Nokomis or Ft. Myers locations.
I think it is a business model issue that is predominantly industry wide. So I just shop price and hold their feet to the fire for service/warranty issues.
The only places I received competent service was at the factory or at an independant service business. Of course the best work is when I do it myself. And that is what the bean counters are depending on to maximize profits.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #18

Ducky thanks for the links I put a deposit hold on one at the dealer I purchased my class A from its a 2016 with 9000 miles, will see it in 2 weeks when I get back home. From all the pics and details in looks awesome
Old 07-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #19
Certified Curmudgeon

Hope it works out. We have no regrets with our decision.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Hope it works out. We have no regrets with our decision.

Tags