Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2021, 09:27 AM   #1

inside wall seperation

have a 2013 sunseeker 3050s and have noticed the area above the bed and the rear wall are separating, wondering if anyone has removed this to replace, what is behind this, and where would i get new material for it . i have a photo of the area. we have had a lot of moisture in the air and i believe the material behind it is absorbing the moisture. roof gets inspected every year, and has just been resealed . Click image for larger version

Name:	rv bedroom.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	265629thank you in advance on any advice
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewguy View Post
have a 2013 sunseeker 3050s and have noticed the area above the bed and the rear wall are separating, wondering if anyone has removed this to replace, what is behind this, and where would i get new material for it . i have a photo of the area. we have had a lot of moisture in the air and i believe the material behind it is absorbing the moisture. roof gets inspected every year, and has just been resealed . Attachment 265629thank you in advance on any advice
That looks like a chase for wiring. The material is probably fake wood (MDF) with vinyl wrap. If your unit was very new, you could probably buy the matching “seam tape”, as they call it, from FR, but unlikely in your case.

The main issue is why is it deteriorating? Take it down and look for water intrusion. You may need to replace it with a new piece that doesn’t necessarily match the wall.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #3

inside wall seperation

From your picture it looks like there is a distortion in your ceiling also. is this area soft too?
There will be lots of hints on what to do when you get to the replacement part of this project. (I recently had a bad area in my coach's bedroom and my wife came up with a vinyl wall paper that added a nice colorful touch to a drab room.)
You need to open the bad area and see if its water soaked, or what the cause is. Then you need to investigate the extent of the damage and what needs to be repaired.
Once you get a handle on the whole project you can start planning what you will need for the repair. I have found that the big box stores carry 99% off what you will need. If its just behind the upper piece of trim you may only need a piece of 1/4" plywood covered with a peel and stick contact paper.
Good luck,
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote