Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2022, 09:15 AM   #1

Insurance Rate

A really nice surprise this morning from progressive. not really a surprise, our premium is going up from 643.00 to 726.00..........oh joy. i know this amount may be lower than some and higher than others... don't really need to hear the " your lucky we pay ____ more than you" we're on a budget and what we were comfortable with our budget just two years ago and is slowly creeping up on uncomfortable. Its the across the board increases on everything making it difficult. We are not full timers and Maxine sits in storage most of the time, mostly used for my Saturday escapes from the house and football. Sorry for the complaining so early in the morning. I hope you folks in Florida stay safe, I really don't have much to complain about considering what's happening on the first coast.
billcrews81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:36 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcrews81 View Post
A really nice surprise this morning from progressive. not really a surprise, our premium is going up from 643.00 to 726.00..........oh joy. i know this amount may be lower than some and higher than others... don't really need to hear the " your lucky we pay ____ more than you" we're on a budget and what we were comfortable with our budget just two years ago and is slowly creeping up on uncomfortable. Its the across the board increases on everything making it difficult. We are not full timers and Maxine sits in storage most of the time, mostly used for my Saturday escapes from the house and football. Sorry for the complaining so early in the morning. I hope you folks in Florida stay safe, I really don't have much to complain about considering what's happening on the first coast.
I've found over the years that there is really no benefit in being a loyal customer to insurance companies. It pays to call around every year or so and check the rates on what others can offer.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:36 AM   #3
D W

You are not alone. In this geopolitical climate everyone is feeling the pinch. Whether you're at the gas pump, the grocery store or just staying home you are affected. Sad, but true. The bad news is that it's not going to end anytime soon.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:42 AM   #4

shop around for a better price...
I do it for the car regularly , keeps them on their toes

Progressive were about $100 a year higher than what I ended up buying in March this year
Old 09-28-2022, 09:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
You are not alone. In this geopolitical climate everyone is feeling the pinch. Whether you're at the gas pump, the grocery store or just staying home you are affected. Sad, but true. The bad news is that it's not going to end anytime soon.

yes sir, fact
Old 09-28-2022, 10:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I've found over the years that there is really no benefit in being a loyal customer to insurance companies. It pays to call around every year or so and check the rates on what others can offer.
I'm starting to believe that myself, I've been with USAA for over 25 years and have been hesitant to leave.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:19 AM   #7
Part-Time Campground Host

Quote:
I'm starting to believe that myself, I've been with USAA for over 25 years and have been hesitant to leave.
Been with them over 45 years. I'd never leave!
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1301
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post

No one as been able to beat the rate I have with progressive under USAA. Note happy with the rate, but so far it is the cheapest. Doesn't help that RV and Catalectic converter thefts are up 400% (exaggerated a small bit) across the country.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #9

Quote:
No one as been able to beat the rate I have with progressive under USAA. Note happy with the rate, but so far it is the cheapest.
It's not just the rates. It's also the service. IMHO USAA is first rate for customer service.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:32 AM   #10

Quote:
It's not just the rates. It's also the service. IMHO USAA is first rate for customer service.
True, never had an issue with them covering anything.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Twice I've gone over our insurance with USAA, and both times they were almost double. 4-5 years ago was the last time I sat down and went over everything with them. The only thing that was a good price and I have with them is a landlord policy.
-Demco Air Force One
-Remco 2pc Drive Shaft w/Disconnect
-Blue-Ox Avail Tow Bar and Baseplate
NewToTheForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToTheForce View Post
Twice I've gone over our insurance with USAA, and both times they were almost double. 4-5 years ago was the last time I sat down and went over everything with them. The only thing that was a good price and I have with them is a landlord policy.

So far, Liberty, Statefarm, General and farmers cannot beat Progressive (under USAA). We have our home insurance through them also, no one could beat USAA rate here in Tx. going to continue checking with some of the local agents...
Old 09-28-2022, 05:57 PM   #13
D W

Quote:
So far, Liberty, Statefarm, General and farmers cannot beat Progressive (under USAA). We have our home insurance through them also, no one could beat USAA rate here in Tx. going to continue checking with some of the local agents...
Been with USAA for 50 years. They cover us on everything. Nobody has ever been able to beat their rates here in AK for the coverage we demand. On top of that, the Subscriber Savings Account cash back is a plus.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:17 PM   #14

Quote:
On top of that, the Subscriber Savings Account cash back is a plus.
Yea....like pays half of our annual $$$.

Old 09-28-2022, 10:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Subscriber Savings Account cash back is a plus.

I’ve had USAA for the past 7 years and never heard of that? How does it work?
bayoubengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal View Post
I’ve had USAA for the past 7 years and never heard of that? How does it work?

Sign into your account at USAA.com. Search for Subscriber Savings Account. It will explain it.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:44 AM   #17

My darling wife who is an insurance agent appointed to many many carriers has seen rate increases across the board for home, auto, RV, etc. DOIs are approving rate increases because the cost of goods/services are going up. So take a home....price of materials have risen so insurance rates have to be adjusted. Same with RVs....

Welcome to inflation folks!
Old 09-29-2022, 08:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Yea....like pays half of our annual $$$.
on the phone with USAA now on the Subscribers account, Funny they do have an explanation of it on the website, but no way to join it on the website.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:34 AM   #19

I've been with USAA since 89, I remember the reps were very smart and helpful up to the last 5 years... My how things have changed.... two reps so far and none can tell me exactly how to join the subscribers account. I think they're hiring just to fill open reqs with little training. Not happy either they just sold my home loan. Lady just told me I had to have been in the military to get subscribers account............. I'm like, did you bother to look at my file.... oh let me put you on hold.... and never could tell me how to get it, sent me to another rep who had to send an email to someone else ,they are researching and will get back to me.....
Old 09-29-2022, 11:51 AM   #20

After further comms with USAA, Subscriber savings accounts are only available for Active or Retired Officers. Some newer members may not recall that USAA was only a Military Officer insurance program years ago. Active and former Enlisted members are offered auto dividends.

Tags
insurance