Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2015, 09:58 AM   #1

Is This List of Repairs Needed on Delivery Normal?

Hi All:

There was so much wrong with my RV when I picked it up. I spent an hour inspecting it and writing up a tremendous "WE OWE" list with the dealer, and t hen found even more on our first trip. I know nothing is perfect, and I'm not a complainer, but does this seem ridiculous? My list is below.

Thanks all,

Bill

Date of Delivery 7/17/15
  1. Glue stains on ceiling throughout the RV
  2. Privacy curtain in bunk area - broken track clips
  3. Privacy curtain in bunk area - missing curtain holder on left side.
  4. Pantry Door - Deep gouge and a chip. Needs replacement
  5. Doorjam in bathroom area - nail holes visible in fabric
  6. Folding table in rear storage area - missing
  7. Trim above stove - insecure and not installed properly
  8. Instructional Stickers - hanging off. We removed them.
  9. Electrical outlet behind main TV in bunk area - does not work
  10. Microwave and AC blow circuit breaker
  11. Televisions - wired incorrectly. King Jack supplies signal to main TV though white wall plate. Cable supplies signal only through bottom terminal on brown plate. No cable possible in bedroom or outside TV.
  12. Refrigerator - latch does not catch and door can swing open.
  13. Exterior cable jack - cover tie worn and came off when removed to connect cable at campground.
  14. Pocket door - striker plate on door jam is not aligned with door hook.
  15. Screen door - very hard to close. Alignment was adjusted and found the door to be bowed outward.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
DoctorT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #2

Pretty typical except maybe for 9, and 11. Think of it as a new house but on wheels. A punch list this size would be small for a new house. I had as many issues including a significant plumbing error that I just fixed myself
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:04 PM   #3

Our list was only about 10 items long. 4 of yours repeat on my list. We are living with the little stuff for now and will take it in during the off season.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:26 PM   #4

I'm cool with finding out a few things, that aren't visible, pop up after delivery. But the stuff that any sober person with eyes can see is what pisses me off. Stains on the ceiling? Gouges in a cabinet door? That shouldn't happen. A customer should never see that.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #5
Commercial Member

"Televisions - wired incorrectly. King Jack supplies signal to main TV though white wall plate. Cable supplies signal only through bottom terminal on brown plate. No cable possible in bedroom or outside TV"

That coax system is all wired together. Make sure booster is off to get cable. King jack provides signal to all tv's on air. Must scan for channels.

Bottom terminal of brown plate is the input from park cable. Leave that in for cable, booster off. If you search on here I have posted sat wiring schematic.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:36 PM   #6

Ok. But can I get cable in the bedroom from external Jack?

Old 07-21-2015, 10:40 PM   #7

I'm not sure what you mean when you say all are wired together, and then continue with brown Jack from outside cable.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:40 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Yes. It's all one cable (with splitters). Just make sure the antenna booster is powered off.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:42 PM   #9
Commercial Member

TV needs to be on cable for input and scan for channels.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:51 PM   #10

Alright, I understand what you're saying. I think of myself as pretty tech saavy. But the main TV came connected to the booster plate, and prior to switching to the brown plate I scanned on Air, and Cable with booster on and off. I even tried all different cable type setting on the TV. None worked. I did the same for the bedroom TV. I didn't test the outside TV yet. So I guess I have two questions:

1. Why is there no signal from exterior jack to booster plate?

2. If there should be a signal to the booster plate, what is the purpose of having the brown triple terminal plate?

I appreciate the time Bob,

Bill

Old 07-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #11

Looks normal.... but if it's in warranty, make 'em fix it all.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #12

The list I had was double what yours is. I fixed a lot of the small stuff but had dealer do things like slides out of adjustment, window replacement and still dealing with other things almost a year later.
Don't back down especially on the large items. If you are ok with fixing the small stuff then by all means do it.
I don't care what others think but when you put out the kind of money for these units and you have to put up with the crap workmanship it really is a shame. I guess if we keep buying them then they will keep doing it.
Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:00 AM   #13

Alright, well now I don't feel that the only guy that got screwed. It's just bad business. The repairs are fairly minor, and they're going to have fix them anyway. Why not make a good first impression instead of sending a customer into the world with a bad first impression and a bad taste in their mouth.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:25 AM   #14
chicagoslick

I think the list is typical, except the outlet not working. We were fortunate as there was nothing wrong with our unit when we picked it up and have not experienced any issues to date. (knock knock on wood). I was displeased with a number of installed items that I felt should have been options that should have been offered or delete for end user upgrade.

I know you can't go back now, but it is always best to not accept the unit at PDI, as they may not correct all the issues in a timely manner. Hopefully they will and to your satisfaction.

best of luck,

Gary

Gary, Tonia, Baile, Summer and Otis our Boston T.
Flagstaff 27RLWS Emerald Pkg
2015 Ford F150 King Ranch FX4 Max Tow 3.5EB, 3.55
Equalizer 4 WDH, 1,200 / 12,000Lbs
chicagoslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:31 AM   #15

New Coach Problems

I read about problems with new coaches, I guess I have been lucky, but I have been impressed with construction of my new 2015 3050s. I did find coax at front reversed and a bad coax connection. I had a small water leak under the bed due to not properly tightened connection. I have not been back to dealer. The Ford alignment was off so I had it realigned and Forest River paid me back. I have friends with Montanas, Mobile Suits, Landmarks that have been terrible.

Over all to this point, I am pleased with construction.

J. V.
J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #16

I purchased a 2014 2650 at end of year at a good price, yet there were at least forty issues some minor some a bit more. One prevailing issue is FR house batteries, can't find the specs and they keep losing charge in minutes down to 10.5v. Dealer will fix since FR won't replace after unit on the lot for three months. Does any one have specs on house batt?
Friend of Bill and Lois
since May 30, 1975
Happywanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #17
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Now that's a good one also. FR should fix it was still a new camper and was sold to you as new. Warranty starts from date of purchase. You don't buy a left over auto and get warranty period subtracted for month on lot. Sound like dealer fell down on ya or did you fail to tell us the rest of the story. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:58 AM   #18

Your list is about the same length as mine (I took delivery in May). Not the same exact items but some are...

Like you, I just don't know how some of this stuff gets missed both at FR and then at the dealer. I just wrote my dealer's service manager wondering how the fellow who did my demo could have not noticed or let certain items slide and he replied, "...I could speculate all day on why these issues were not taken care of but none of that would change the fact that it was not." (!)

While I might somewhat agree with him that nitpicking back and forth is counter productive, the fact is he should care that his employee's either can't do their jobs properly or worse yet, just don't care. It seems obvious that it would be in everyone's best interest if he put the customer first and provided good competent service and a pleasant quality experience for the customer.

But what do I know...?
My Camera, and a lot of Dreams
jayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #19

My list is longer than that after 10 months some of the same things

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #20

My dealer has taken care of my issues with the exception of the batt. This seems to get fixed then not. Would like to trade up to a pair of trojans, any experience out there for getting a dealer to trade up at half cost? LOL I bet. Thanks
Friend of Bill and Lois
since May 30, 1975
Happywanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, repairs