Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2017, 04:59 PM   #21

I was wondering about the ď dual pane ď windows!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #22

RedLdr1, thank you for your input.

The passenger seat is a swivel seat. There is only one seat forward position, where the swivel locks. In that position the seat moves about 1 inch back and forth only in the front, but not all the way back. If the swivel isn't locked, the seat doesn't move at all back and forth.

The window does consist of 2 panes. The outer pane is slightly curved outwards and is tinted, the inside pane is flat and attached to the inner curve of the outer pane, which is why there is a gap between the 2 panes of roughly 1/4 inch. Somebody tried to clean the window, probably because it looked cloudy and by doing so scratched it. Since the cloudiness doesn't come off, we were assuming it must be between those 2 panes.
tetra-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #23

We do have another problem. Our coach is equipped with a Truma Furnace/Hot Water combo heater, which is working fine so far, but there is a 3-way electrical switch on the wall next to the microwave, which in the upper position provides power to the A/C, in the lower position to the Truma combo and in the middle position no power to either. This is really inconvenient, because it means in summer you always have to turn the A/C off in order to have hot water. Oddly enough, none of the other 2371ST models I found on the internet have such a switch, but the dealer says it is standard. Any thoughts?

Old 09-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #24
Site Team

Interesting on your window, none of ours have an obvious air gap between layers, and they all appear to single layer. I'm heading down to our dealer later today to check on some upgrades we're having added. I'll look again then.

As for the selector switch before we bought our TS I saw one on the web with the switch. Since it was at a Canadian dealer I "assumed" that was a code requirement in Canada. None of the TS series we have personally looked at, or others I saw on the web, had that switch. Since they do make running changes on line at FR it may have been deleted on newer units, ours came off line the last week in July, just before the Rally.

We have run our Truma, for hot water, and the A/C unit at the same time. But only with the Truma on ECO setting with both AC and LP selected. If you set the Truma to run on LP only it should be near a zero impact on AC power so I don't understand why you would need that switch.

FYI, we met with Truma at the FROG Rally and they will be offering an outer vent with a built in bug screen in a couple months. With all the bugs around here that is a high priority for us...
It is better to have too much truck than to have too much trailer.
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:46 AM   #25

Check this video around 2:40. The black tank drain seems to look just like yours:

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #26

Kenny kustom, rockfordroo,

Our friend brought an ellbow, but that didn't fit through the hole. Do you think there is a narrower one that would fit, see picture below

Old 09-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #27

RedLdr1, thank you for your reply.

Below are 2 pictures of the window, not very good, but I hope you can see what I mean.

The dealer says, the 3-way electrical switch is not a Canadian requirement. They will check it out and if possible restore it to original.

Are you saying that bugs come into the coach through the current vent of the Truma? If so, that is not good, we have too many mosquitoes etc. here, too.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #28

Now that is some real Amish craftsmanship! Special qualifications require an IQ greater than 2 and less than 10.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #29
Site Team

Our TS is actually in a shop bay at our dealer right now. I'll double check on our windows when we can access it again.

Our windows have a nasty residue, probably from the protective film covers, that our dealer is going to clean up. They are not foggy all over but have some really bad patches with what looks like finger prints in the "stuff". You can actually feel it on the windows exterior by running your finger along the window. Where it is feels rough and a bit sticky is where the residue is located. On the rest of the window it is nice and smooth to the touch. I've had enough experience with cleaning acrylic windshields on motorcycles that I'm not even going to try cleaning them myself. It is just way too easy to scratch the acrylic...don't ask how I know...

Your selector switch had me curious so I looked around a bit more. I found a TS2390 with the switch you have for selecting AC or Truma. It is located at a dealer in London, Ontario. See Here for the unit then go in to the interior pictures and you'll see the switch in several photos just below the sink. That unit looks like ours with the exception of the selector switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra-b View Post
Are you saying that bugs come into the coach through the current vent of the Truma? If so, that is not good, we have too many mosquitoes etc. here, too.
Yes. The worst here are a type of wasp, nicknamed "mud daubers", that will build a nest in any hole, nook, cranny, or wherever they can find. Around the southern USA it isn't uncommon to find where they invaded a traditional RV furnace, refrigerator, or hot water heater from the outside. The problem is they can then block the intake / exhaust port(s) with their nest causing all sorts of issues. The traditional wire mesh RV furnace screens, like this one, won't fit on a Truma exhaust port. Truma is aware of the issue and developing a new exhaust port with a built in screen. I don't remember seeing anything like mud daubers when I lived in Germany so it may be a new issue for Truma. At least they are working on addressing it!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra-b View Post
Kenny kustom, rockfordroo,

Our friend brought an ellbow, but that didn't fit through the hole. Do you think there is a narrower one that would fit, see picture below

I googled RV Sewer Elbow images and found this pic. Seems to look like yours and also doesn't seem to fit:

This one MIGHT work, but I'm skeptical:

You can get it here:
90 Degree Clear Sewer Hose Adapter with Bayonet Lugs - Valterra T1023 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World

Your fitting just seems to be too far out into the hole. Maybe you can move the "hole fitting."

UPDATE: I found a Rhino 45 deg "Swivel" fitting. It might allow you to move the hole fitting over to the right or left. You would install this, swivel it over, and install another 45 degree fitting to take you down through the hole fitting in it's new location.

Walmart has them:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Rhi...Clear/29764334

Old 09-08-2017, 06:34 AM   #31

Sounds like he hasnít even tried one.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:48 AM   #32

We have a 2471TS with same sewer issue. Dealer couldn't find an "L" piece that would fit. I gave him permission to cut out a portion of the outer lip, wide enough for the sewer hose. Don't use that hole with white cover. The door has to remain open when dumping but it works fine. I store the sewer hose in same compartment and it stays just fine.

Don't have the switch for Truma but sure love how it operates.

No window problems. No twin bed motor problems.

Some of the latches on outside compartments need a good push to fully close and lock.

What we have is refrig problems. Hope to get it back next week, fixed.
Sewgratefulquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewgratefulquilts View Post
We have a 2471TS with same sewer issue. Dealer couldn't find an "L" piece that would fit. I gave him permission to cut out a portion of the outer lip, wide enough for the sewer hose. Don't use that hole with white cover. The door has to remain open when dumping but it works fine. I store the sewer hose in same compartment and it stays just fine.

Don't have the switch for Truma but sure love how it operates.

No window problems. No twin bed motor problems.

Some of the latches on outside compartments need a good push to fully close and lock.

What we have is refrig problems. Hope to get it back next week, fixed.
The sewer issue is beyond comprehension. Those should have never left the factory. The person that completed that job should be relegated to cleaning toilets and not coming near any unit. FR should have those brought in to fix the plumbing properly! The person that set the design, if there is one, should be the toilet cleaner's helper from now on.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #34

If your kitchen sink is like ours with a folding faucet and lid, be sure you don't leave it on hot water and close the lid. It turns the water on. Hopefully you don't close it as you're leaving. Another design flaw.

I've been so busy with the refrig I haven't addressed these other issues.

BUT the layout and twin beds are perfect for us. Can't wait to get on the road again!
Old 09-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
If your kitchen sink is like ours with a folding faucet and lid, be sure you don't leave it on hot water and close the lid. It turns the water on. Hopefully you don't close it as you're leaving. Another design flaw.
We found that "feature" as well...

What's up with your refrigerator? Ours is probably the best RV refrigerator we've had in some time. I really like having three way power again, we haven't had the 12VDC option since my Coleman popup days...
Old 09-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #36

The last problem was that it wouldn't run on propane. If it would light the burner, it wouldn't cool. I learned to keep a bottle of water in the refrig and check the temp before and after driving with my instant read thermometer I use when baking.

First problem-fan had a wire caught in it so it stopped working. Then wouldn't run on any power source. Dealer fixed fan, removed thermostat and reinstalled it incorrectly-used tape and bailing wire to attach to arm of fins. It slipped, shorted out (according to repair guy), blew fuse. Then it ran on electric only. Columns per inch wasn't set correctly for propane. That was fixed. Still wouldn't run on propane. New repair guy has had it for 3 weeks. Says it has cooled on propane for several days. So maybe it's fixed.

I've learned a lot about how to load it and am considering adding a fan in the outside area and maybe one inside. But will wait until I'm sure it is actually operating.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:56 PM   #37

Quote:
The last problem was that it wouldn't run on propane. If it would light the burner, it wouldn't cool. I learned to keep a bottle of water in the refrig and check the temp before and after driving with my instant read thermometer I use when baking.

First problem-fan had a wire caught in it so it stopped working. Then wouldn't run on any power source. Dealer fixed fan, removed thermostat and reinstalled it incorrectly-used tape and bailing wire to attach to arm of fins. It slipped, shorted out (according to repair guy), blew fuse. Then it ran on electric only. Columns per inch wasn't set correctly for propane. That was fixed. Still wouldn't run on propane. New repair guy has had it for 3 weeks. Says it has cooled on propane for several days. So maybe it's fixed.

I've learned a lot about how to load it and am considering adding a fan in the outside area and maybe one inside. But will wait until I'm sure it is actually operating.
I have one of these:

You can get it here:
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...al+thermometer

Mine will read the sensors from my truck cab so I can monitor going down the road.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #38
Site Team

I hope they have you debugged as it can be a very good unit. We use a hanging thermometer and a Camco D Cell "cube" style fan in our refrigerator. While at the FROG Rally the refrigerator temperature stayed right where we set it. And the freezer easily froze Popsicle icy sticks with no problems. Driving home we set it to DC and it stayed cool with no issues. It has been one of the best features of our TS so far...

rockfordroo, that is a very nice system, especially if you can monitor it from your TV. Being cheap, and in the refrigerator for drinks every couple hours anyway, we use a hanging thermometer like this one.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #39

RedLdr1,

Our dealer might replace the window and he is going to find out, if that switch is a Canadian requirement, he didn't know about.

We have similar kinds of wasp that build nests all over the place, everywhere where there is a little gap. We'll keep an eye on those vents. Thanks for mentioning it.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #40

Thanks for both suggestions. I'll do one of them depending on what this ends up costing me.