Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #41

rockfordroo, thank you for the infos and research. Our friend, who restores cars and a few RVs came over with one, but that didn't fit. He then took measurements and checked all his catalogs, suppliers, but couldn't find anything so far. Apparently, as mentioned by another member here, there isn't one that fits, which is, what our friend was thinking, too. He said the drain is too low and too far over the hole.
tetra-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra-b View Post
rockfordroo, thank you for the infos and research. Our friend, who restores cars and a few RVs came over with one, but that didn't fit. He then took measurements and checked all his catalogs, suppliers, but couldn't find anything so far. Apparently, as mentioned by another member here, there isn't one that fits, which is, what our friend was thinking, too. He said the drain is too low and too far over the hole.
Might have to start draining tanks at the factory. 😳
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #43

I guess you cut the floor move the opening.
I think that’s what was done to mine.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:16 PM   #44

Sewgratefulquilts, thank you for your input.

So far we haven't found an elbow that fits either. We are hesitant to cut out the lip, believe FR should find a solution and advise their dealers on how to fix that problem. Does your drain area look the same as our's with that hole above the drain in the back wall of the compartment, that is filled with insulation foam and also underneath the RV that huge ball of insulation foam (see pictures in my first post)?

We did notice the problem with the hot water lever in upright position in the kitchen sink, just have to remember to always switch it to cold.

Guess we have to test the fridge a little longer before we go on our first trip.

We do love the floorplan of the 2371 with the twin beds and the slide out. It feels very open, we can even take our big guy with us
Old 09-08-2017, 08:30 PM   #45
2012 Solera

Is there room for a larger diameter deck plate? Quick Amazon search found this, available in 4, 6 and 8 inch:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY124...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Moving the tank or somehow modifying the outlet pipe looks hard and potentially very disruptive, assuming everything works and doesn't leak now...
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #46

Tetra
When I get it back (hopefully next week), I'll have to take a good look to see if the hole in the compartment and insulation foam underneath is the same as yours. Offhand I don't think so but I'll check.

Wonder if JLeising's idea would work?

Yes, FR should figure out how to fix a totally messed up design but I've lost faith dealing with my refrig problems. Why we pay all that money and you've owned it for just a few months and pay hundreds of dollars to fix something that's under warranty is beyond me.

When you test the refrig, do it for several days with all 3 power sources. Our problems started after a trip to FL for 10 days and stayed with us as we traveled across country and back.

It took me a bit to get used to setting the Truma. So many different settings for different things. But I finally figured it out.

We take our little guy. He prefers the motorhome to the house!
Sewgratefulquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:11 PM   #47

Mine has been moved at the factory.
I would love to show you a picture, but the forum just keeps giving me an error when I try to post a picture.
They cut the floor, added a trim plate to cover the old hole ( and new hole)
Old 09-10-2017, 02:23 AM   #48

JLeising, thank you for your suggestion, great idea, I'll have the dealer install a larger deck plate, if there is enough space.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:37 AM   #49

Sewgratefulquilts, thank you for your advise on the refrigerator. We started running it and keep switching the energy source a couple of times a day. So far so good.

I think we have figured the Truma out and will be testing the furnace more extensively next week now that it is cooler. We had a heatwave the past 3 months and it was way too hot to turn it on.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:47 AM   #50

Kenny kustom, you have to upload the picture to a website, then choose "insert a picture" from the menu and add the URL. The URLs on this forum's server are case sensitive, so you have to make sure it is spelled correctly including the extension. I had that problem in the beginning, didn't realize that my husbands camera uses all capital letters for the extension like JPG instead of jpg as my camera does. Hope that helps.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra-b View Post
Kenny kustom, you have to upload the picture to a website, then choose "insert a picture" from the menu and add the URL. The URLs on this forum's server are case sensitive, so you have to make sure it is spelled correctly including the extension. I had that problem in the beginning, didn't realize that my husbands camera uses all capital letters for the extension like JPG instead of jpg as my camera does. Hope that helps.

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #52

Sewer fix?

Just completed a fix (I hope) to this same issue. What I did was cut out the black plastic panel in the shape of the sewer line (in line with the drain-about 1.5 inch or more, saving the semi circular cut out piece). I drilled a quarter inch hole 1.5 inches to either side of cut out so that I could attach a door to be lifted when using the drain and closed to keep dirt out. I attached the cut out to door so it all fits real snug when inch long, quarter inch diameter bolts are securely attached.

Harlan S
HarlanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #53

Harlan S, thank you for your advise. I just sent it to the service manager of the dealership, so he can study it before we bring the RV in to get everything fixed.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:33 AM   #54

If you live close call the main HQ in Elk . You can take it there. Call first and let them know you are coming. They do a great job. They fixed everything on my rig. Hope you get everything fixed. Safe travels. God bless..
wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote