Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #1

Jensen VX7020A unit frozen

The system powers up just fine and I can see all of the menu items but the touch screen will not work. I’ve hit the reset button a few times and I still cannot touch any of the menu items. Has anyone else had this problem?
ksdindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #2

Nothing a big hammer wont fix. J/K. I did have this problem i have to remove the unit from the dash and i disconnected the large plug from the back of it. What a pain trying to get it out of the dash uggggg. I left it for a minute or so and reconnected it. Everything still works fine. Hopefully it helps you out.

Bob
Old 10-31-2018, 01:08 PM   #3

Ugh. I really don’t want to have to do that. I wonder if removing the fuse or disconnecting the battery would have the same effect. I don’t know what effect removing the battery would have on the rest of the equipment? And I also don’t know where exactly is the fuse boxes located that controls the radio. It’s not in the camper and it’s not under the hood. I can’t seem to locate the fuse box any where else
Old 10-31-2018, 02:11 PM   #4

I have 3 fuse boxes 1 under the dash drivers side probably where the fuse you are looking for is located. 1 under the hood drivers side close to the headlight and 1 under your bed in the rear of the unit. Good luck in finding the fuse it wasn't an option for me as there was so many of them and no one really had a definitive fuse box layout.

Bob
Old 10-31-2018, 06:16 PM   #5

Fuse panel left sidewall near parking brake. Fuse #39. 20 amp.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #6

Jense VX7020

ksdindy, did you solve your Jensen issue? If so, how? I am having the same problem.
Marnenorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnenorden View Post
ksdindy, did you solve your Jensen issue? If so, how? I am having the same problem.

Nope. It’s in the shop now getting looked at. Not sure if they are going to have to replace it or they have a fix for it. I probably won’t know until later this week
Old 12-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #8

Mine does now and again, but likely only when using the nav and xm at the same time. I suspect it simply does not have enough working memory, so I no longer use the nav. I have been able to reset button removing power.

The map company it uses is a couple of years behind Google maps... even when updated.
Dp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #9

Mine is being replaced under warranty. Defective unit.

Tags
jensen