Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #1

just got back from rv show

We are buying a forest river sunseeker 3100ss (2014) but we went to the salamanca ny rv show to check out some other rvs and compare,,, wow is all i can say, not 1 class c came close to the options or price that we got with ours.. I would have to say winnie minnie was probably closest but 9 grand more for the same options. Floor plans were very close, both fiberglass roof, but it ended there,, winnies options were standard on ours, i.e power awning, tv in bedroom, front cap, and the other options were more arctic pkg. bigger tv ect... So we are happy
littleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #2

Congrats on your 2014 Sunseeker 3100SS!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #3

I can't argue that! The Sunseeker and Forester, IMHO, are the best balance of price and features in the segment they compete. Yes, there are the Winnie and Nexus products but they are several thousand dollars more expensive.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleb View Post
We are buying a forest river sunseeker 3100ss (2014) but we went to the salamanca ny rv show to check out some other rvs and compare,,, wow is all i can say, not 1 class c came close to the options or price that we got with ours.. I would have to say winnie minnie was probably closest but 9 grand more for the same options. Floor plans were very close, both fiberglass roof, but it ended there,, winnies options were standard on ours, i.e power awning, tv in bedroom, front cap, and the other options were more arctic pkg. bigger tv ect... So we are happy
Brings tears to my eyes to hear such nice things.

Thank you for the kind words. Our team has been heavily focused on listening to the customer. Where we have seen most mfg's make their mistake is "What can we take out to make this cheaper?". We tried that about 5-6 years ago and it was a mistake.

Instead we ask "would the customer see a benefit to adding this and is it worth the added cost?". We often look at used units on dealer lots to see what they're adding aftermarket and we look to make similar features standard.

Manufacturers will take out a $30 item to save money so it looks good to a dealer. In our mind, they just aded $90 to the cost of the unit...because in many cases that is what it's going to cost you to add it after the fact.

So thanks again. February stats just came out and Forest River had a commanding lead in retail sales. And we're not done yet...every day we ask "now what can we do?"

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Brings tears to my eyes to hear such nice things.

Thank you for the kind words. Our team has been heavily focused on listening to the customer. Where we have seen most mfg's make their mistake is "What can we take out to make this cheaper?". We tried that about 5-6 years ago and it was a mistake.

Instead we ask "would the customer see a benefit to adding this and is it worth the added cost?". We often look at used units on dealer lots to see what they're adding aftermarket and we look to make similar features standard.

Manufacturers will take out a $30 item to save money so it looks good to a dealer. In our mind, they just aded $90 to the cost of the unit...because in many cases that is what it's going to cost you to add it after the fact.

So thanks again. February stats just came out and Forest River had a commanding lead in retail sales. And we're not done yet...every day we ask "now what can we do?"
Honestly its no wonder forest river has the lead in retail sales, I have no stake either way, my current rv is a class a coachman, but after spending 3+ weeks looking at and walking through the sunseekers, to step into another class c they felt bare bones and the price was higher.. My hats off to forest river for putting the extras in and not raising the price to consumers.. The winnie minnie I was talking about the dealer called me last night and lowered the price to 67000.. I paid 63500 for my sunseeker. that 67 was with no bedroom tv, no power awning, no arctic pkg, no living room fan, and no front cap.. both on same chassis so was very easy choice.. My only advice to forest river would be to allow dealers to list sale prices online, right now they can only list msrp, I almost looked past them as msrp is the same as most others in the class so I was looking towards the winnies, and coachman ect.. but the sale prices are wayyyy below msrp price, allow dealers to show that and units will fly off lots..
I know that may hurt small dealerships, but in this day and age people go to the best deal even if they must travel or pay to have unit delivered, survival of the fittest and open market, let the big boys post sale prices and watch them compete for sales.. just my 2 pennies
Old 04-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Commercial Member

We do not require them to list only MSRP. Dealers can post whatever price they want in their market. If they advertise outside of their market place there is a minimum price to post. All mfg's have this. Some just enforce it better than others.

And that is only for current model year. If they want to have a previous model year blow out sale, they can.

I know a few dealers cry that we only let them post MSRP...that is false.

PS. If we just "let the big boys duke it out" you'll have (10) dealers across the US and people will complain that they have to drive 13 hours just to look at a unit in person.

Sometimes I go to bed hearing the voice of Adrian from Rocky "You Can't win!"

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We do not require them to list only MSRP. Dealers can post whatever price they want in their market. If they advertise outside of their market place there is a minimum price to post. All mfg's have this. Some just enforce it better than others.

And that is only for current model year. If they want to have a previous model year blow out sale, they can.

I know a few dealers cry that we only let them post MSRP...that is false.

Ok but online would be conidered outside of market place so there is a limit on how low they can price? not knocking, trust me i am verrrry happy, its just i was looking online as most do now and saw the high prices and almost skipped right by forest river without checking..I have all my paper work in front of me, the msrp on my unit with the options is 96,802, I was seeing them online for 80's or it would say call for price ect. I am just trying to help as i would have missed out if i did not live so close to buffalo rv, the unit was listed on the lot cheap, but online it gave msrp and told you to call for price, most people wont call is all i am saying, they see 96000 and move on.. I am so happy i went in to check them out, msrp 96802 i paid 63500, just think many look past because of higher online pricing.. either way i am a happy camper, thank you sir...
Old 04-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleb View Post
Ok but online would be conidered outside of market place so there is a limit on how low they can price? not knocking, trust me i am verrrry happy, its just i was looking online as most do now and saw the high prices and almost skipped right by forest river without checking..I have all my paper work in front of me, the msrp on my unit with the options is 96,802, I was seeing them online for 80's or it would say call for price ect. I am just trying to help as i would have missed out if i did not live so close to buffalo rv, the unit was listed on the lot cheap, but online it gave msrp and told you to call for price, most people wont call is all i am saying, they see 96000 and move on.. I am so happy i went in to check them out, msrp 96802 i paid 63500, just think many look past because of higher online pricing.. either way i am a happy camper, thank you sir...
Congratulations. At almost 35% off MSRP IMO you got a great deal for an early 2014.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #9
MI Camperz

Glad you got the potential buyers remorse (in terms of price) out of the way at the RV show. Good luck with your new purchase. Sounds really nice.