Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2020, 05:09 PM   #1

Kudos to Sunseeker Factory Repair Team

We had been having problems with the slide on our 2017 2430S for a couple of years with it being in for repairs at two different dealer service shops during that time. In June, both service shops told us they couldn’t fix it and suggested a factory repair. They led us believe we needed a new box and were likely in serious trouble with the slideout: sagging in the rear, scraping the exterior sidewall, out of square...
We were close to despair over the whole thing and didn’t see a good outcome.
The Forester/Sunseeker representative and repair crew took the motorhome in for diagnosis and repair. They fixed it! We are so happy!!
Retirement travels are underway.
Thank you Forest River repair team! You rock!
JCSontheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Thats good news. If you know what went wrong/what was fixed, there are other folks with 2430’s that might find that info useful.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Thats good news. If you know what went wrong/what was fixed, there are other folks with 2430’s that might find that info useful.
It’s my understanding that the rear slideout box frame in the sidewall, lower section between the back wall and bed was bent and the slideout was not seating onto the frame properly when it went out. This caused the box to get out of alignment and put pressure on the sidewall. The popping noise was when the slideout was coming in and the bent frame and outer box frame met. Or something like that.
A prior repair in that area was made using self tapping screws that were not a recommended screw for that area. The factory repair person removed them and replaced them with new holes and the proper screws.
Hope this makes sense.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

I read your report, and I do hope they’ve fixed your issues.

I truly realize the 2430S with the full wall slide (a floor plan that is seen across a large number of manufacturers with a varied model names) is a very popular floor plan because of the space it provides on a very short motorhome. There’s also the potential for a lot of weight in that slide, so I respect that, and I always assist by either pushing or pulling the slide in it’s travels. I can actually hear the effort level of the slide motors change with my assistance.

Don’t know if it helps or not.....but it helps me believe I’m doing something positive to avoid any slide problems.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:02 PM   #5

Weight can be an issue which is why we are careful about not piling stuff on the bed or table area during the in and out cycles. We are also careful about loading the pantry and closet areas.
Haven’t tried pushing and pulling. We have auto levelers and never, ever use the slide without first leveling the motorhome and do our best to use it with the generator running or plugged in to 30 amp service to make sure power is sufficient.
We’ve really tried to do it right. Stuff just happens. Not many smooth roads out there anymore.
That floor plan is terrific and fits our traveling and camping style very well.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #6

I've had trouble with the slide on my 2016 3010 DS since it was new. All I wanted from FR is how I can fix it. Never asked them to do it, just how can I fix it. The response was, take it to a service center. Sure, spend thousands more to fix something that was a bad install from the factory, I think not. I'll figure it out. What I have figured out is, if you criticize the manufacturer in anyway, they will disappear. My slide is only one example, there are others.
Sunseeker16 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, repair, sunseeker