Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2017, 04:55 AM   #1

Learning more from this Group

I used to be the Senior Buyer for one of a large RV manufacturer located in Southern California. Buying all the components from the chassis all the way to the curtains that goes in the production on an RV is completely different from owning one. I chose Forester made by Forest River because of its reputation. I am vey, very DISAPPOINTED on one of their dealer located in Southern California where we purchase the RV due to lack of information given to us at the time we pick up our new RV. I have learn more and get a straight answer from this group than the dealer so called “expert” upon delivery. THANK YOU very much.
dragon60732000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:08 AM   #2
Site Team

Go ahead and mention the dealer.

it wouldn't be Mike Thompson would it?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:11 AM   #3

Learning more from this Group

Your right bikerdan [emoji23][emoji3]
Old 11-27-2017, 10:24 AM   #4

Mike Thompson screwed up my delayed warranty start form.'Di not send it to the dealer of origin.
Caused me grief for a couple of weeks trying to get some warranty work on the chassis.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:16 PM   #5

The dealer from Fife, Wa. was horrible too.
dawnh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnh2 View Post
The dealer from Fife, Wa. was horrible too.
X2 on the Fife dealer.
dyeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon60732000 View Post
Your right bikerdan [emoji23][emoji3]
If you had done a search on any RV forum, on Mike Thompson, you would've gotten hundreds of negative posts about their deceptive sales techniques and lousy service.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #8

Yes I learned the hard-way and I will never recommend Mike Thompson to any of my clients, friends and relatives.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #9

I have been lucky. Ordered our Prime Time, sight unseen as we really liked the floor plan, over the internet from General RV, an eleven store operation in Michigan.

Was delivered to their operation in Canton Ohio. By the time for the walk thru, they had already completely gone through the rig and ordered two replacement parts. Camped in their parking lot, plugged in to their 30 amp for three days until the parts came in.

On the way back to Grand Teton NP ( I am a ranger), a slide jammed, and their store in Salt Lake got me right in, fixed in a day , and I was on my way north. Google General RV. I highly recommend them
Old 11-28-2017, 06:45 AM   #10

RV dealers

As a first time purchase we used The RV Spa out of Upland, CA and would NEVER recommend them. It’s sad that they just don’t care and made it so obvious they just wanted us to drive off their lot so they could move onto their next sale
Shoe1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #11

service

yes, mike Thompson sucks, the service department in 2 locations are crappy!!! I just put our rv back into the shop yesterday, because they can't fix the black water sensors. I am so fed up with those guys. there were 2 ladies out side and one was suing them for a lemon, the other one has had nothing but problems also with the service.
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
I have been lucky. Ordered our Prime Time, sight unseen as we really liked the floor plan, over the internet from General RV, an eleven store operation in Michigan.

Was delivered to their operation in Canton Ohio. By the time for the walk thru, they had already completely gone through the rig and ordered two replacement parts. Camped in their parking lot, plugged in to their 30 amp for three days until the parts came in.

On the way back to Grand Teton NP ( I am a ranger), a slide jammed, and their store in Salt Lake got me right in, fixed in a day , and I was on my way north. Google General RV. I highly recommend them
I would like to learn more about your "3500 HP TV"! Youroo!!