Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #1

LED bulb replacment

Hi all well have been fulltiming since July 23 traveld from Pa. To Wa. Down the 101 with stop in Or. and Redwoods, over to Yosemite to Vegas now in Sedona Az. All in all I will give my 2014 3051S a B+. Would love to give A but some minor things are bad.
FIRST one LED light under cabinets keeps going on and off. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THE BULB OUT??? HELP.
SECOND does anyone know how to remove outsidw TV to get to connections. Have tried pulling pushing lifting twisting. No go.
THIRD qhen rhe slide went in a little while ago the trim started to pull away. When i moved slide out it went back in some. Also the rubber seal slide down.
Now called dealer to set up repairs when in town in Nov. Was told warranty just ran out and will be out in Nov. And if alignment not covered by extended warranty. This is main reason no A grade. I have pic dated with trim pushed out before warranty out. And if the 3051S super slide can only last a year before repairs then that is sad. Now I NEVER open or close slide unless unit is level and jacks down.
So besides that we love the room have 7000 miles on in 3 1/2 months.
I DO LOVE energy effeciency of propane appliances. HATE double sink and faucet, spkashes alot of water on counter.
Thanks for any info on fixes
USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #2

Can't help with the light. The outside TV can be removed by lifting up and lightly pushing in at the same time. Be careful, you have to balance it on the edge of the compartment to unplug the cables.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #3

Can you post a pic of the light?

Will be in Sedona ourselves over the Thanksgiving week.

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #4

Here it is. I hope I do not have to unscrew the whole thing. No way into from cabinet.
I am actually in Camp Verde RV Park just south of Sedona but this whole Verde Valley area is just beautiful. Spending 2 weeks here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1414267875160.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	65298  
Old 10-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #5

Looks like you can probably pull back a finger or two to get the disc out to get to the connection. Probably a loose solider point.

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #6

Honda tried pushing tabs but no good. Probably to scared to breat one then be out a whole fixture instead of bulb.
Rapinii Thanks, I finally just said ok push up hard and really pushed ; the tv finally moved. The problem was the bottom right holding screw and spacer were tightened SOO much that it actually left indents and marking of star washer on the metal bracket for TV. So tight back of TV was pushed in on that side. So a screwdriver to loosen screw a touch and it now comes off and goes on correctly.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #7

USNMM1 Our 3051s's must have been built one after the other, after reading some of your other post's we are matching problem for problem exactly!!! Good luck with getting yours fixed under warrenty, mine was, all they did was put bigger screws in. I have since learned it should be riveted in. (Sorry talking about the slide bracket)
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #8

Like I posted on other string; it is weird the number of same issues. But I agree so far all warranty work covered and repaired. I am now just a little worried about the extended warranty I bought from Dealer. Not 3rd party supposably it is through FR.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Here it is. I hope I do not have to unscrew the whole thing. No way into from cabinet.
I am actually in Camp Verde RV Park just south of Sedona but this whole Verde Valley area is just beautiful. Spending 2 weeks here.
You need to pull back the three locking tabs and pull the bulb out. Look up that bulb configuration on the net, I believe you will find it has to prongs that plug into the socket of your fixture.

After you remove the problem bulb, switch it to another fixture to see if its the bulb. I'd do that prior to your dealer visit, just incase its a wiring issue.

Good luck.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #10

Did you try removing those three screws?
SANIBEL3501 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led