Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2022, 06:47 PM   #1

Levelers

Can the sequence be changed on putting the hydraulic levelers down. Currently slide goes out before the unit is level. I was just in a Renegade and it could be leveled then the slide goes out
Retired2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:53 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Sequins

The OP has a 2021 2401B.

You make it sound like you park and your unit automatically extends the slide then auto levels.

Since the slide out manufacturers manual reads that you should be as level as possible before extending your slide I fail to understand why or how your control system would operate otherwise. Maybe someone with a newer MBS can enlighten us on that function.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:59 PM   #3

The standard practice is to level first, then put slides out.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:52 AM   #4

On ours the emergency brake has to be engaged with ignition in run to put the slide out. The ignition cannot be on when you put the levelers down. If you turn the ignition on while the levelers are down they will automatically retract. With that procedure it is slide out first levelers down 2nd. That was my reason for asking if the sequence could be changed. MBS2401B
Old 09-29-2022, 07:59 AM   #5

Slide Procedure

I have a MBS2401B 2021 1st I have to have the parking brake on and ignition in run to put the slide out. Then I have to have to have the ignition off to put down the levelers. If ignition is turn back on the levelers automatically retract. I was wondering if there is a way to change the sequence so the unit is level before the slide is put our. Our friends just purchased a 2023 Renegade on the Mercedes chassis and they level first.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:34 AM   #6

Try key in the accessory position?

Have you tried the key in the accessory position instead of ignition on?

That is how our 2021 3051 works with the Equalizer Systems EQ021R1 EQ Smart Level system.

Level first: Parking brake on, preferably shore or generator power, then use system to level motorhome as desired (manual or auto, up to your preference).

Slide next: Move key to accessory position. Leveler system will beep at control panel as warning, but will not retract levelers unless the ignition is turned on. Run slide out. Remove key. Enjoy life.

If this doesn't work then hopefully someone with a similar model/year will chime in. Just thought I'd share what works for us.

Happy Camping and Safe Travels,

Mike
Redding, CA (way up north)
Patten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:07 AM   #7

Thanks ours has the push button start and I can't shut it off without going to start.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:23 AM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired2022 View Post
Thanks ours has the push button start and I can't shut it off without going to start.
It should not start if you do not step on the brake. Also, the levelers should not auto retract if the parking brake is on and the transmission is in park. If the above is not true on your unit I would suggest checking the interlock wiring on your BIM.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:26 AM   #9

Below is from Mercedes-Benz but not listed to a specific model. Does this work with your MBS?

How to Use Push Button Start In Your Mercedes-Benz:

You’ll find the push button near the same place you would usually find the ignition in a typical vehicle. When using this button, you can think of it like this: each press equates to one key turn of the ignition. Here is how it works…

One push (foot on brake): Starts the engine. With the car stopped, this will also turn off the car.

One push (foot off brake): Puts the car into accessory mode.

A second push (foot off brake): Turns on the lights, dashboard instrument cluster and other electrical components.

A third push (foot off brake): Turns everything off.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:27 PM   #10

Slide Procedure

I have had my 2022 Forester MBS 2401B for 1 month, and use the following procedure for the slides. Engine off, park brake on and level the coach. Once it is level, turn off levelers and turn on engine. Levelers will beep once the ignition is on. Then I extend the slide, but it seems I have to push the extend switch twice to get it out. Turn off engine and beeping stops. Some people recommend to re-level the coach once the slide is out, but I have never done that.

Couple of points: I did have to reset the null on the Equalizer System since it did not seem right the first time I used it. My bubble level indicated the front was too low. Also if you still have troubles, the Equalizer Systems customer service is super and they will walk you through any concerns: 1-800-846-9659.
rckymtnbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:56 AM   #11

My levelers will not work with the slides out.
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:44 PM   #12

This is exactly how my push button works. The problem is as soon as I push it the second time with my foot off the brake is the levelers sense the ignition is on and retract
Old 10-02-2022, 09:58 PM   #13

I can certainly understand why you are frustrated then. As Ducky suggested, might have to look into your interlock wiring. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:22 AM   #14

Slide Procedure

I have a 2022 Sunseeker MBS 2400T and have the same issue. I always thought that the RV should be level before putting out the slide but in our case the levelling jacks will come up as soon as the ignition is turned on. Both the dealership and a service rep at Forest River confirmed that our models are built that way i.e. put out slide first, turn off ignition then extend the levelling jacks. This is what I have been doing and have not had any issues.
Hope this clarifies the situation.
Luv MyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 07:45 AM   #15

Is this a different topic or question than your other thread started a day earlier, or the same issue?
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...rs-257377.html

Perhaps the threads could be merged.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:56 AM   #16
Steve & Linda M.

Do levelers retract if Ignition is in ACC position ?

These Interlocks frequently vary with Manufacturers and are not always designed KISS. This holds true for Entry Doors and Awnings.
Started in the "Pumpkin" '79 Burnt Orange Dodge "Street Van" ... NW cruise, Canadian Rockies, Round trip to Alaska. Then' 94 Tioga Montara, '06 Jayco Jay Flight 5th Wheel. Workmanship decline started : '15 Thor Siesta & '17 Tiffin Breeze.
Another RV learning experience with our 2022 34KD Force.
2019 Jeep KL (Cherokee) TOAD
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:10 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Is this a different topic or question than your other thread started a day earlier, or the same issue?
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...rs-257377.html

Perhaps the threads could be merged.

Duplicate threads merged into this one. Thanks

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
levelers, slide