Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2022, 06:22 PM   #1

Levelling jacks

I have a 2018 Sunseeker , 32 feet with auto levellers.
In this my second trip I used the auto levellers and it said it was not successful but I looked under the motorhome and all jacks are extended and a bubble level shows the rv level so I left it at that. The second am day I took a look under the rv and I notice one of the back levellers is up a few inches? I lowered the rv and redid the level process and the same result and all levellers were down…. And again the next day I notice the same back leveller is up a few inches again????
Any ideas why this happened?
Thanks in advance for any help?
jacques1543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 05:46 AM   #2

Different RV, but I have never been happy with the “auto-level” in my 2017 GT5. I always level manually with a bubble level. In about 5 days, I need to do it again as the jacks will settle just a little bit.
Dan_Frisbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:00 PM   #3

We have a 2022 Forester 2551. The auto level mechanism isn't exactly that great. I have a bubble level and an electronic one that agree with each other, but not with the built in auto level. I usually end up operating the hydraulics manually.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:50 PM   #4

To the OP, it sounds like your auto level might be fine. Since one jack was no longer down after a period of time, you may have a bad jack cylinder or a bad hydraulic valve that is leaking down slowly.

Since not everyone is familiar with your exact motorhome, you may want to disclose what brand of jacks it has on it. Someone here may be familiar with that jack system.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques1543 View Post
I have a 2018 Sunseeker , 32 feet with auto levellers.
In this my second trip I used the auto levellers and it said it was not successful but I looked under the motorhome and all jacks are extended and a bubble level shows the rv level so I left it at that. The second am day I took a look under the rv and I notice one of the back levellers is up a few inches? I lowered the rv and redid the level process and the same result and all levellers were down…. And again the next day I notice the same back leveller is up a few inches again????
Any ideas why this happened?
Thanks in advance for any help?
I have had this happen before with my 2016 3010DS with the Bigfoot system. I really don't know why it happened and didn't do anything to fix it but it hasn't done it for a while. Unrelated, Since my catalytic converter theft I moved my unit to an enclosed storage unit. The floor is really level so I recalibrated the leveling system. What a difference from where the factory left it.
Sunseeker16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:03 PM   #6

one thing you could do without removing the return hose to see if the seal in the actuator is bypassing, is Mark your Hyd Reservoir level with a pin after you lower all jacks. . in the morning if the hyd level went up some, it could be an indication the the actuator is bleeding over to the return side back to the reservoir. it does sound like you have a bypassing seal on the actuator...Not sure what your system is or its layout, but i believe there is only one control valve that has a check valve in it to keep all the jacks down after pressurizing. "locking the fluid in place" Could be wrong though Old navy" Hyd " guy here....
billcrews81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks