Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2019, 10:27 AM   #1

Lippert levelers

We are new to the Sunseeker family. Bought a new 2019 2500TS. On our shake down cruise. It seems as though the front tire (s) are off the ground frequently. Any tips?
Charlene Tyrrelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #2

On the Thor forum when I had a Challenger MH, folks were split, ok to have tires off the ground and not okay to have them off the ground. I read somewhere that the recommendation from the jack manufacturer is to not have any tires off the ground. Level best you can by driving onto blocks (plastic or wood) then use your jacks just to stabilize.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:22 PM   #3

When ever my wheels come off the ground I reposition the MH on the pad, if that doesn't help I get out the lego blocks. I always carry four bags of them. I am always amazed at how many pads that look level aren't.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:39 PM   #4

Especially since your unit is new, you may want to make sure the levelers are calibrated, and the system seeks proper level when you press Autolevel. The procedure is in the manual, which I had to download from the Forest River web site. Basically, you get your motorhome perfectly level someplace, then set that position as the go-to point for future leveling.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:48 PM   #5

I have the Bigfoot system, so it may work differently.
First, the class C's are normally down in the front so, it takes some extension just to start getting level.
Second, the automatic mode always seems more aggressive to level. I use manual mode with a 12" level. Assuming your system has a manual mode, I place the level on the floor. Front goes up first, than the rear. Work them in pairs. Next side to side. Sometimes depending on site, you will get the front tires off the ground.
If you want the support for the front tires, raise the front levelers higher and place the blocks under the tires, retract all and start over. You may need additional blocks under the front jacks to accommodate the additional height.

Most of the time, it will level without raising the front tires off the ground if, you use manual mode.
Be sure to chock your tires, I always do and never get the rear tires off the ground because it will defeat your parking brake. Yep, I have had 2 campsites with this condition. We just slept un level.
Hope this helps.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #6

I have never heard one report of damage from doing it so I gave up on worrying about the front being off the ground. I do not let the back come off the ground though.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #7

We have a 2016 Sunseeker 3170DS and I use 6 inch cut off rail road blocks with eyelets screwed into the end under the jacks, I have a 3 foot hook to slide them under and pull them out. When in my drive they will raise the front wheels off the ground about a foot. Never had issues with them. Also makes it easier to get under the RV for inspections. Love the Bigfoot Levelers, Sure beats those blocks I used with my old Thor RV.
Bobstoy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:55 PM   #8

My 2500 is also to aggressive leveling , I do manual and get much better results with no tires in the air.
Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #9

Our 3010DS is approximately 1.5-2.0" low in the front. if I Auto-Level, it almost always raises the front wheels off the ground. We have found most of the time driving up on the yellow blocks before leveling manually is plenty. If it is really bad, we will put the red lego pads under the wheels when off the ground, then lower onto them for support.
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #10
Wait till next year...

I use Camco ramps for the front tires even on level pads as MH has a nose down pitch and deflate airbags to 10#( I have an on-board air compressor and gauges for the bags). Just prefer to keep the wheels in contact with the ground if at all possible
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
I use Camco ramps for the front tires even on level pads as MH has a nose down pitch and deflate airbags to 10#( I have an on-board air compressor and gauges for the bags). Just prefer to keep the wheels in contact with the ground if at all possible

Manual says not to go lower than 20#
Old 10-11-2019, 04:35 AM   #12
Wait till next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle View Post
Manual says not to go lower than 20#
Mine says 5# minimum at all times I only deflate at the campsite if needed. Traveling I go with 60# more or less
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker