Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #81
Class C Representative

There is only one way to connect to the router. You will need to use the 6 digit pin to connect.

Check behind the bedroom TV. We recently started placing them there.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
There is only one way to connect to the router. You will need to use the 6 digit pin to connect.

Check behind the bedroom TV. We recently started placing them there.
Want to guess another place, not behind TV or in any cabinet. I called and apparently if I don't have the code I can't connect. Now I have to call the dealership and find out where they put it.

Also no one seems to be able to answer the question, which I guess is really stupid since it doesn't work at all for me.

Will the app work off Bluetooth if for some reason the router is down?

Seems to me it would my bluetooth stuff works without internet or a router, this would be great information for anyone considering this system. IMO

Thanks for trying. The tech guy also said they didn't hook my TV up to the antenna splitter, said it happens a lot. Guess I will get husband on that one, I hate to see him take stuff apart.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow57 View Post
Want to guess another place, not behind TV or in any cabinet. I called and apparently if I don't have the code I can't connect. Now I have to call the dealership and find out where they put it..
Looks like we are all on router/wireless hub hunting expeditions. The tech guy I talked to at Lippert said he has seen them in all kinds of weird places including behind wall panels that are screwed in so don't forget to look there also....
Old 02-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #84
Site Team

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to where they put them. Our receiver is at the extreme back of the RV which is no where near any of the equipment that it operates.

You'd think that the router and receiver would be near the power converter or some common location.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #85

We purchased our 2017 3051S at the Tampa RV show on Jan. 20. It hasn't been a month, but so far no tablet/electronics issues. I installed the app on both of our phones in case there was a tablet issue but not sure what I'd do if the rv router stopped working. The most worrisome would be the slide or awning. Thanks for the Lippert University You Tube info. I'll look at those. The info on my tablet seemed a little dated and some items didn't apply to the 3051S we have. Im not going to fret over the Lippert system though. Living in GA, we plan to really enjoy every chance we get to take this Forester out and give it a thorough workout during the warranty period.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:55 AM   #86

Netgain congrats on the purchase. We purchased ours at the Louisville, Ky Rv show January 29th, and are very happy with our purchase just confused. However we just went looking for a new couch & TV antenna (ours broke) to put in our old one. Word of caution ..... don't go to RV show looking for stuff, especially on anniversary.

Since they offered us a great trade on our old one we decided to buy our retirement vehicle before we retire. We are very happy with it but it's still winterized and we don't have our cell phones set up yet. Dealer was pretty clueless about touch pad system. It has to go back for a few little things anyway so we will get it taken care off, waiting to put water in before fixes. Part of my problem is I don't have the 6 digit code for the bluetooth, they are working on getting it for me.

So glad to hear you have the same one, will be interesting to see how they hold up and finding all the cool features. We had a Sunseeker 2860DS, I sure like this floor plan better. What color did you get?
Old 02-16-2017, 11:02 AM   #87

Congrats to you also, Shadow57.

The ID and passcode you're looking for should be on the back wall of the cupboard above the sink. It is wi-fi, not bluetooth. The rv has a router for internal systems communication. It does not connect to the internet. The only connection is to the various modules (behind the rectangular wooden panel below the tablet), the rv tablets and your phone via app.

Our salesman at the Tampa show, Frank Arvizu, was great and got most of our questions answered by the factory rep and one of the factory mechanics gave me his phone number if I ever had any issues. I was amazed by their concern for our satisfaction with our purchase.

Our rv is parked near our house so I connected the smart tv to our home wi-fi which had about the same low signal strength as we got at the camp ground. I had a Netgear wi-fi extender lying around and set it up to repeat our home wi-fi. We now get 5 bars of wi-fi and the video streaming apps work great. I plugged the extender into the outlet in the right front cabinet next to the tv where the tv is plugged in. Can't wait to try it at the camp ground when we go back next month for the FROG rally.

I agree about going to RV shows. We went to plan our purchase for next Jan and drove this one home instead of waiting another year. My wife said, "It just felt right."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170120_153246.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	130013  
Old 02-16-2017, 11:28 AM   #88

Wow Netgain you are our twin, we have the exact same color. Ours sits behind our house in a carport it may be too far away from the internet to connect. I do have the internet password (in cabinet) but not the bluetooth 6 digit code. I was told it worked off both, no one will answer if router is broke will the bluetooth operate stuff. I would think it would and be a good selling point.

Reading the post above I may be too far away from internet to get it to work, it just keeps saying connecting to gateway and spins. I will do a little more research & tinkering with the TV later. May need to check into wifi booster as well.

Enjoy the camping trips, like you we can't wait to actually use it. Sure seems like Spring here but I'm afraid to dewinterize just yet. I do have a guy coming to tint the windows we did it in our old one sure saves the fading from the sun and only have to use blinds at night. So much for our spending freeze.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #89

Spending freeze, haha. We said the same thing but I just purchased a tire pressure monitoring system with enough sensors for the 6 tires and 2 air springs plus 4 for later if we decide to pull a toad.
I noticed the Lippert also had bluetooth. If I learn anything I'll let you know.
We should stay in touch for sure!
Old 02-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #90

Shadow57, I saw your comment about the light coming on when you open the coach door. No one showed us that and apparently ours was switched off. A helpful discovery. Thank you.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #91

Pairing phone with the myRV tablet on my new 2017 Forester

We just bought a new 2017 FR Forester and while we love the new RV we are having a terrible time pairing our phone apps with the Lippert myRV tablet. Has anyone else had this problem? We are very concerned if the system goes out on the tablet, we could be really stuck since there are no manual switches! If anyone has dealt with pairing a phone app please share how you got it to pair! I have an IPhone and my husband has a Samsung. We have found NO help from our dealer, FR or Lippert Customer Service even though we have contacted them ALL!! Starting to regret this purchase.
GGandPoppaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGandPoppaT View Post
We just bought a new 2017 FR Forester and while we love the new RV we are having a terrible time pairing our phone apps with the Lippert myRV tablet. Has anyone else had this problem? We are very concerned if the system goes out on the tablet, we could be really stuck since there are no manual switches! If anyone has dealt with pairing a phone app please share how you got it to pair! I have an IPhone and my husband has a Samsung. We have found NO help from our dealer, FR or Lippert Customer Service even though we have contacted them ALL!! Starting to regret this purchase.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-03-19-18-54.png
Views:	122
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	133776Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-03-19-34-20.png
Views:	110
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	133777Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-03-19-34-26.png
Views:	107
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	133779Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-03-19-35-50.png
Views:	126
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	133780Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-03-19-32-46.png
Views:	100
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	133781Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-03-19-36-03.png
Views:	120
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	133782Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-03-19-36-12.png
Views:	118
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	133783

Photo 1:
App from Play Store for Android. I can't help you with Apple.

Photo 2: Screen after installing & opening app. Tap "Get Started"

Photo 3: Choose myRV, not LCI remote.

Photo 4: If you are in range of your unit, the app will find your system and it will appear under Choose Your myRV Network. Tap on the network name.

You will be asked to enter your password. Mine was stuck to the inside back of a cabinet in the kitchen area.

You will be asked to choose a 4 digit pin number. You'll need to enter it each time you open the app.

Photo 5: This is where you will enter the pin number you just chose.

Photo 6: This is the screen you'll see if all went well.

Photo 7: This is your home screen on the app. Yours may be different depending on the systems installed in your unit. Press each one to see the next functions such as lighting controls or monitor. To turn something like the water heater on, just tap it. To turn it off, tap it again. Use the back arrow at the upper left to get back to the home screen. The back button on the phone will close the app. I still do this by habit and wish the app would ask me if I want to close rather than just closing.

Let me know if this helps. I hope it does!

I've had no trouble with my coach tablets or the app except once when the slide and awning icons disappeared. That was because I had turned on the engine and they disappear so you can't operate them while going down the road.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:24 AM   #93

Setup WIFI 1st.

One thing to keep in mind. Before to you try to pair the app with your mobile device you must be connected to the RV's local WIFI network. It can not communicate with the RV if it is connected to your home or any other WIFI. The SSID (netword ID) and the password will be on a label in one of your cupboards.
Once you connect to the RV's WIFI you will be able to start the app and setup as Netgain explained above.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:18 AM   #94

Great! I will go out and search for the password and ID. We are just very frustrated that we got no info with the coach about this system. I think this is the first year they put this in without manual switches. Nobody at the dealer seems to know, FR never responded back and Lippert customer service actually cut us off! Thanks for all the helpful replies!
Old 04-04-2017, 07:11 AM   #95

SUCCESS! Thanks for your help. It would have been so much easier had they simply told us where to find this info and how to go about using it. We are calling our salesperson today to suggest he familiarize himself with the unit and tell people about the table and where to find the information.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:22 AM   #96

Great! When I did the PDI a few weeks ago the dealer had no clue either. He was excited when we were able to control things from my phone. It appears most dealers are still clueless when it comes to the My RV system.

One thing to check for is if your generator hour meter is functional. Apparently LCI had a bad batch of them. The hour meter will show 17 hours permanently. A few folks including myself have reported that issue here. The solution is to replace the generator genie. LCI was willing to send me a replacement which I swapped out in 5 minutes, problem solved.
What model coach do you have.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
Old 04-04-2017, 08:57 AM   #97

Thank you Netgain ! We are picking ours up from the dealer at the end of the month, and hopefully they have info on this ! If not, I'll us your instructions !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:58 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGandPoppaT View Post
SUCCESS! Thanks for your help. It would have been so much easier had they simply told us where to find this info and how to go about using it. We are calling our salesperson today to suggest he familiarize himself with the unit and tell people about the table and where to find the information.
Glad to help. I failed to tell you about making sure you were connected to the myRV wi-fi instead of your home wi-fi. 9 times out of 10 mine will drop home and connect to rv but not always, especially if I'm not right next to or in my rv.
The salespeople I dealt with could operate the tablet and told me there is a phone app but I agree, most of them don't know the details of actually doing it.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
Great! When I did the PDI a few weeks ago the dealer had no clue either. He was excited when we were able to control things from my phone. It appears most dealers are still clueless when it comes to the My RV system.

One thing to check for is if your generator hour meter is functional. Apparently LCI had a bad batch of them. The hour meter will show 17 hours permanently. A few folks including myself have reported that issue here. The solution is to replace the generator genie. LCI was willing to send me a replacement which I swapped out in 5 minutes, problem solved.
What model coach do you have.
Hey Steve-W, I saw posts about the generator genie replacement but mine still showed 0 hours. After running it for around an hour it now seems stuck on 17 hours.
We have a 2 month old 3051S.
So you just called Lippert? I'll see if I can locate the number. Thanks for reminding me.
On the subject of Lippert, the only other electronic issue we've noticed is the black tank monitor reads empty no matter how full. Checked wires at the Lippert tank monitor module and at the tank and all look good. Wondering if the KIB module at the tank may be defective.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:18 PM   #100

Initially they did not want to send one to me, I persisted and they then agreed to send it out. It's a 5 minute swap out, 4 connectors 12 volt, 2 CAN bus cables, and the interface cable to the gen.
I haven't yet made my maiden voyage so my tanks are still empty. I expect to de winterize in the next week, ill find out then.
The tank monitors have a resistor pack located near each of the tanks. The MyRV tank monitor module is located next to the generator genie (behind the panel next to the battery disconnect switch). Based on how they work, if the ground is bad to the resistor pack or tank it will read empty no matter whats in the tank.
question for you, when you turn on the battery disconnect switch do both tablets boot up properly. My bedroom panel tends to initially boot to a blank backlit screen. Rebooting it resolves the issues until I completely power down the coach. LCI said it was normal, I really don't buy that. Both panels are connected through the CAN bus with the bedroom tablet being the last device on the bus as it has a bus terminator on the second bus connector, so it's not a wireless issue.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401