Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
If you download the app to your phone (iPhone or Android) you have 100% "manual" control in case the tablet goes out. I use my iPhone to level, to pull out slides so I can make sure they're not going to hit anything...to open awnings, etc.

Early one morning recently I heard noise outside my trailer while I was watching the news. With my iPhone I turned on the "Scare Lights" and the noise suddenly stopped.

What's the app called?
Raz6200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
There are benefits.
Being able to open a slide while walking around your trailer to see that slide so you don't hit something.
Being able to lower jacks while outside looking at the jack is nice.

Not unlike the control center in our trucks, a "screen" gives you a lot of options... limited only by the developers of the system.

There are a lot of advantages. The idea is sound, however the implementation has been a work in progress.
Well, I don't park close enough to anything to hit my slide in the first place and I don't have jacks.
So I guess your "advantages" don't apply to me!

Also, both of your two "advantages" can be easily dealt with using real switches, you don't need this system with awning lights and stuff on it.

It’s not always right to retain an old technology just because it works, but by the same token, it’s not always right to adopt a new one simply because it exists.

Frederic D. Schwarz

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #143

One constant in the universe.....with new technology...and old...it will fail at some point.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
One constant in the universe.....with new technology...and old...it will fail at some point.
True. The issue here is: What can you do about it when it does? Is the average Joe able to deal with it?

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:00 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzette View Post
Where are all of the manual controls. We were told that there are no manual controls. Scary because our panel goes away and then we have NO control of lights, slides etc.

Suzette,
-the generator can be started / stopped by using the start button on the generator itself

-our Big Foot levelers are not controlled through the tablet but have their own, separate system/control pad

- there are over 20 lights on the interior of the unit. Both lights in the bathroom are controlled by a wall switch. About half of the lights in the living/dining room, including the ones over the kitchen sink, the dinette, the entertainment center over the cab and the sofa are controlled by push buttons on the lights themselves with the others that are in the ceiling in those areas being controlled by the tablet. The two lights directly over the bed are controlled by push buttons and the bedroom ceiling light is controlled by the tablet.

- we would have to manually extend/retract slides and awning, not with a button but by connecting a ratchet or other tool and cranking away by hand

- we would have no way to turn on / off the water heater or water pump (that we know of anyway). This is the part that bothers me the most, actually.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:53 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestWalker View Post
My 2017 RV has on the myRV system .pdf manuals with a revision date of 7/9/2015.

When speaking with a Lippert technician on another issue he sent me updated manuals with a revision date of 5/16/2017

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/..._s_Manual_.pdf
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ng_Manual_.pdf

I have not compared the two revisions to see what, if anything, has changed (other than the date)

FYI the links for these at https://www.lci1.com/myrv do not seem to work (404 Page not found) Lippert has been notified.

Now I just need to figure out how to upload these files and remove the old ones on the myRV system.
You should be able to put the manuals on a micro SD card and upload to your tablet. I haven't done it but will update how it worked when I do.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #147
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
You should be able to put the manuals on a micro SD card and upload to your tablet. I haven't done it but will update how it worked when I do.
That would be appreciated.

I've got the manuals on a usb thumb drive and attempted using the usb port on the "tablet" but I cannot find the file directory on the myRV screen to transfer them. I've tried every trick I know of to look for it. (Except to actually call Lippert back and ask, of course.)
Old 07-19-2017, 10:47 AM   #148

It's such a tiny market I would suggest these baby step solutions will continue (as will the soft/hardware discoveries.)
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:40 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestWalker View Post
That would be appreciated.

I've got the manuals on a usb thumb drive and attempted using the usb port on the "tablet" but I cannot find the file directory on the myRV screen to transfer them. I've tried every trick I know of to look for it. (Except to actually call Lippert back and ask, of course.)
I wasn't able to see the file directory either. I've found many of the actions listed in the manuals are disabled on my tablets. They're visible but not active.
I'm able to operate the systems that are connected so I'll just leave them alone and hope they keep working.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #150

I do like our phone app !

Again, being able to be outside and watch for obstructions while opening awnings / slides at some state parks here in Florida is needed ( or yelling back and forth to the inside button person).

Pulling into or walking back to camp site after dark it's nice to turn on the inside / outside lights prior to arrival.

Needed items ? No, but it is what it is, no reason to fear it, and so we enjoy it !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #151
Moderator Emeritus

This thread has had a site team clean-up for several baiting/argumentative posts by multiple members. Please remember we take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness.
Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go. Thank you. FRF Site Team
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #152

Josh, ( and other site team members!),
Thank you for your patience, time and energy with forum members!
Question:
I have seen a few hints that the 3011 DS' in production may have some manual switches added back into the units as a back up system to the Lippert tablet.
We are interested in when these units would be available to order or walk thru.
Our "local" dealer is MHS RV in Alvarado Tx.
Also: Will they have a different designation or identifier?
Thanks again!!!
Laura
2015 Windjammer
Texas LT and LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #153

If you have had the system for a while now what are your thoughts? Working out okay for y'all?
BingDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingDeb View Post
If you have had the system for a while now what are your thoughts? Working out okay for y'all?
We've had our Forester 3051S for 9 months.
We've had no issues at all with the MyRV system or tablets.
I like it for the slide, awning, generator and monitor panel because I can control them inside with the tablets or outside with my phone.
For lighting, I like it for the exterior lights.
I'd rather have switches for interior lighting like the bedroom, living room and kitchen, like our bathroom and vanity have, instead of the steps it requires to turn on room lighting
(3 steps on the tablet or 4 steps on the phone seems a little much).
Old 10-09-2017, 07:52 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
We've had our Forester 3051S for 9 months.
We've had no issues at all with the MyRV system or tablets.
I like it for the slide, awning, generator and monitor panel because I can control them inside with the tablets or outside with my phone.
For lighting, I like it for the exterior lights.
I'd rather have switches for interior lighting like the bedroom, living room and kitchen, like our bathroom and vanity have, instead of the steps it requires to turn on room lighting
(3 steps on the tablet or 4 steps on the phone seems a little much).
Replace "Forester 3051S" with "Forester 2861DS" and my response is exactly the same as Netgain's.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #156

Awesome you guys are fabulous for sharing your opinions and thoughts about the "My RV " system! I enjoy gadgets and think I would enjoy the system. Just some negativity and kinda scares me but basically if any system fails it could leave you in a very inconvenient situation-- we are in the process of purchasing our first motor home - 24' for ease of traveling -- we currently have a 43' toy hauler and a bit much to move around and drive some of the more scenic backroads! Thanks again for sharing!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #157

I'm with Netgain & Kaley's Mom on this & had it since January. I'm so glad I discovered the microwave light we leave it on a lot.

The bedroom light is my biggest complaint, I know it has lights in the closet but I'm old and want more light. Usually more of a problem when in the driveway and I go looking for something than actually camping.

I will admit when people see you put away your awning without leaving the chair at the campfire they are very impressed. Also really freaked out someone checking it out for the first time. They went in at dusk and we have tinted windows, they thought it was magic the way the lights came on while they looked. I was using phone as I sat outside and watched.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #158

Sounds super neat Shadow 57. Thanks so much for input! Went by dealership again today to look at unit again and was able to quickly sync my phone to the My RV controls and it worked super efficient-- was very pleased and truly appreciate the positive input! Can't wait to take delivery of our new Forester and go explore the US!
Old 10-10-2017, 08:37 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingDeb View Post
Sounds super neat Shadow 57. Thanks so much for input! Went by dealership again today to look at unit again and was able to quickly sync my phone to the My RV controls and it worked super efficient-- was very pleased and truly appreciate the positive input! Can't wait to take delivery of our new Forester and go explore the US!
We just returned from a nine day trip and our One control system continues to work very well !

Best of luck with your new Forester !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #160

Thanks for the positive energy-- love hearing about awesome experiences and amazing trips enjoying family and friends and God's amazing creation! Here's to more spectacular trips!